1/60 perfect transforming vf-1 from yamato?

Shaggydog

This thing is as tight as a tick. You guys are going to love it. Yamato have really hit a home run here. Really solid feeling.

Some cool features and details that are not evident from the magazine pics as well (can't talk about those yet though).

One lucky person who saw and handled it (shall remain namelesss for the moment), said it was so good, he's going to sell off all his 1/48s.

Graham

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! AWESOME!!!!!

:ph34r:

Definitely more solid. Super tight joints everywhere. Too early to say if they will loosen over time.

And it locks together in fighter mode even better than the 1/48.

It's one of those rare toys that feels 'just right' in your hand.

Graham

Excellent. Thats what I want to hear. Are the shoulders and hips still on ball joints, or do they have ratchets this time around? I preferred the shoulder joints on the Bandais solely due to ratcheting as opposed to ball joints.

The 1/48 was solid in fighter mode, this new toy must be very durable to be even tighter in fighter mode.

Hello,

I've been looking forward to this new release. The 1/48 valkyries are nice, but too large for my taste.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but (2) of the pictures from the HLJ website, appear to show what looks to be the head of a phillips screw on one the arm, armors. It's a dull silver color, round and looks to have the slots for a phillip head screwdriver. Perhaps that is what holds the two pieces together?

I've been collecting VF-1's since my first Matsushiro Jetfire when I was (10) and I've been a member here (7) years, so this is my first time to see something like that on an arm armor. Perhaps it is only for the display toy and will not be on the production model.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

Hello,

I've been looking forward to this new release. The 1/48 valkyries are nice, but too large for my taste.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but (2) of the pictures from the HLJ website, appear to show what looks to be the head of a phillips screw on one the arm, armors. It's a dull silver color, round and looks to have the slots for a phillip head screwdriver. Perhaps that is what holds the two pieces together?

I've been collecting VF-1's since my first Matsushiro Jetfire when I was (10) and I've been a member here (7) years, so this is my first time to see something like that on an arm armor. Perhaps it is only for the display toy and will not be on the production model.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

I'm pretty sure Yamato did a photo-shoot using two right arm armors on one toy. The reason you see the screw is because that armor should be on the other arm (screw should be facing backward so you don't notice it.). I'd say the odds are 99% that the actual production model will come with individual right and left arm armors and when installed correctly the screws will only be visible from the back of the valk.

I'm buying at least one.

I just love the size of the 1/48 to give it up. Plus there is much more room for plenty of customizing.

Also, I am not too fond of certain details of the 1/60, such as, the position of the pilot seat and the placement of the head, etc. Who knows, I might change my mind later, but from where I'm standing, all signs point to "NO".

I'm pretty sure Yamato did a photo-shoot using two right arm armors on one toy. The reason you see the screw is because that armor should be on the other arm (screw should be facing backward so you don't notice it.). I'd say the odds are 99% that the actual production model will come with individual right and left arm armors and when installed correctly the screws will only be visible from the back of the valk.

Is'nt it funny how often we see photos of "new products" coming out and things are put on wrong/backwords or not TFed right?!? You would think that they would know what the hell they're doing. :lol:<_<

Please tell me the Hikaru 1J will be in grey. Grey>white. I don't care if white is canon. Bandai's VF-1J paint scheme>Yamato Hikaru VF-1J paint scheme. Why? Bandai had grey. Grey wins. More military looking. Yes white and red are heroic colors in japan...but grey screams bad ass.

I might bite the bullet and preorder the strike. I need a Roy valkyrie. Graham, out of all the valkyries you have handled, especially the latest SV-51s, how does the new VF-1 stack up?

Definitely more solid. Super tight joints everywhere. Too early to say if they will loosen over time.

And it locks together in fighter mode even better than the 1/48.

It's one of those rare toys that feels 'just right' in your hand.

Graham

Shut up Graham! Shut up! :( lalalalalalalalala I don't want to listen to you anymore... wait a minute I'm reading not listening! :wacko: I already have the 1/48, I don't need this 1/60... right? :(

Tightly secured fighter mode alone should be a no-brainer for Yamato. I'm more concerned with whether the whole thing will stay together tight in fighter mode with the FPs. The 1/48 VF1 is tight in the fighter mode alone - but add the FPs, the arms don't secure so well and they droop.

Droopy arms holding a firing gunpod on fighter mode will result in the pilot shooting himself in the arse. In Pineapple Salad, this is how Roy Focker died.

Edited by Beware of Blast

I love my v.1 1/60 elintseeker yammie but it is so fragile and sensitive that everytime I touch it it falls apart. I have never even transformed it not even once but still all the parts just crumble off. I still love the bird and treasure it dearly but it would be great if they made a more sturdy one. I would preffer by far that yamato make NMB4M 1/48 VE-1 but also if they made a 1/60 v.2 that stuck together tight then that would be cool as well. However more likely to stay together in 1/48 scale and it can be easily dioramaed for a hangar scene with ground crew as 1/48 is a popular scale. anyway, heres a drink to a more sturdy VE-1 be it a 1/48 or a 1/60 v.2. Kompai! (gulps down some single malt Highland Park 15 year).

Anyway, heres a drink to a more sturdy VE-1 be it a 1/48 or a 1/60 v.2. Kompai! (gulps down some single malt Highland Park 15 year).

Actually, the drinking and the kampai-ng comes only after you've received the much-lauded Yamato VFs for the first time, because it didn't performed completely as promised. :: points at wicked ace:: :lol: But prior to that, many had hoped sincerely. I don't hope anymore. I expect it to be either batshit successful or crash and burn.

Edited by Beware of Blast

Actually, the drinking and the kampai-ng comes only after you've received the much-lauded Yamato VFs for the first time, because it didn't performed completely as promised. :: points at wicked ace:: :lol: But prior to that, many had hoped sincerely. I don't hope anymore. I expect it to be either batshit successful or crash and burn.

I just love that phrase "batshit successful"! Just precious!

I love my v.1 1/60 elintseeker yammie but it is so fragile and sensitive that everytime I touch it it falls apart. I have never even transformed it not even once but still all the parts just crumble off.

Really? My 1/60 ELINT seeker has no such problem. I've transformed him a trillion times and he's very sturdy and the parts all stay on fine. The transformation is a bit "tricky" - but it's not as bad on my mine as you describe it.

Anyways - looking forward to this 1/60. Going to take the plunge and get Roy. I like the fact that strike/super parts are included in the sets.

Forgive me for asking what has probably been asked a million times - but are the decals tampoo printed? I'm particularling asking about those on the nose cone/under the cockpit. I really want to have those on my VF-1, but I don't feel brave enough to put stickers on my 1/48s - I fear the stickers will eventually fade...

Strangely - I don't have the same compunction about reissue G1 Transformers - but that's probably because I am under the impression that the boxes for those are more air tight/secure...

Oh - that and I've read terrible things about Yamato stickers being a bit ugly :)

EDIT: Oh - and I feel NO NEED to get rid of my lovely 1/48s.

Especially since the vast majority of them are repaints - low viz, stealth and the like. I have Roy and Hick as 1/48 as well- but no strike parts :)

I'll happily collect 1/60 valks now and keep my 1/48s.

All of them seem to be beautiful.

VFTF1

Edited by VFTF1

Boy im really glad i sold away my 1/48s, ever since Yamato started doing the M0 and M+, in the hope that one day Yamato would redo the DYRL line in 1/60, with perfect transformation, features/gimmicks same as that of 1/48 or even better.

Im really looking foward to this release as well future releases such as destroids.

Btw graham, is the skull symbol tampoed onto the heatshield or was there a sticker provided as shown in the promo shots.

Droopy arms holding a firing gunpod on fighter mode will result in the pilot shooting himself in the arse. In Pineapple Salad, this is how Roy Focker died.

He died of a perforated colon :blink:

New 1/60s intrigue me as the 1/48 as awesome as it is is just too large of a scale for my taste. I look forward to my eventual Max&Milia as always. Yamato really has come a long way since their old Plus stuff.

Yamato really has come a long way since their old Plus stuff.

To be fair - the old Pluss stuff wasn't that bad on the whole. The VF-11B was sweet - just its' legs kept falling off :)

The YF-21 also was pretty flawless - but it just couldn't really stand very well on its' own - and it was too bad you had to go and remove the shoulder pads...

the 1/60s were very nice - IMO - and it great to have a battroid without the swing bars - an attempt at making it perfect...

I am clinging to my ELINT 1/60 and don't plan on letting it go.

Generally - the initial stuff was what got me interested in Yamato as a company - that they were actually making this effort to make really beautiful figures without cutting any corners.

Now their biggest problem is QC...

If they can finally get the QC problem under control - they will be the best company out there making this stuff bar none :)

Studio Half Eye is nice too though :)

VFTF1

I knew about that like...days ago dude ;)

I also wanted to ask one thing abou this :

I noticed on the promo pictures that the "rib" - the panel that flips out so that there isn't just a bare hole between the front chest and the back seems much thicker on the 1/60 than it is on 1/48.

Does it cover up more?

Really a pitty you need that bit of GBP to make your Valk totally show accurate - but I don't see how else they couldn't encorporated the necessary "covers"...

does the 1/60 do a better job of playing cover up on this point?

VFTF1

wow, look at HLJ ridiculous asking price....

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00078

12800 yen = $124.44 and thats not including shipping.

they're the biggest name in the game and get the biggest discounts, yet theres smaller vendors that are selling these for $100. :rolleyes:

i wish there was a middle finger emoticon.

wow, look at HLJ ridiculous asking price....

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00078

12800 yen = $124.44 and thats not including shipping.

they're the biggest name in the game and get the biggest discounts, yet theres smaller vendors that are selling these for $100. :rolleyes:

i wish there was a middle finger emoticon.

There's nothing to suggest that HLJ gets big discounts from Yamato.

But I'd like to know where you see it sold for $100.

I think the weak American dollar is more of the issue than HLJ's pricing.

You're right and it's sad :( .