1/60 perfect transforming vf-1 from yamato?

Shaggydog

Uh, We did go over this a while ago, it's clearly just them using two of the same arm pieces so they can do a promo pic. The likelihood of the final version being like that are almost nill. This is pretty common with really early promo work of unfinished prototypes, they all have stickers instead of tampo and occasionally they take shortcuts if they don't have all the pieces.

I believe he's pointing out that, were this truly the case, you would be able to see the cutout for the mounting slot on the underside of the left arm. Because you can't it means that both arm pieces AREN'T exactly the same...

prototype ??? I don't think so final mould yes

if you guys think it is going to be fix good but we will see then....

I do hope it

the picture talks by itself

a 3d view is not hard to have :ph34r:

I know I am being rude here :p

Edited by Ghostkiller

prototype ??? I don't think so final mould yes

if you guys think it is going to be fix good but we will see then....

I do hope it

the picture talks by itself

a 3d view is not hard to have ph34r.gif

I know I am being rude here tongue.gif

You are aware that a lot of Yamato and many other ads by other companies feature photos of products that may differ from final release correct? This is universal.

You are aware that a lot of Yamato and many other ads by other companies feature photos of products that may differ from final release correct? This is universal.

OMG!!! REALLY!!! :mellow:

Just Kidding :p

:ph34r:

I just can't justify it - the line is getting more and more kiddy poo. Besides - there's so much more interesting stuff in the world of anime...

Go beyond Macross and get Soul of Chogokin, Gundam - much much more out there that really is great :)

TF will always be neato - but only G1 :)..

ditto there, ditto....heheheeh :lol:

got myself a spex xs03 recently ^_^

anyways back to topic, 1/60 versions would be great for collectors who are running out of space.........like me :wacko: But still, I like the 1/48s for its sheer size.

ditto there, ditto....heheheeh :lol:

got myself a spex xs03 recently ^_^

anyways back to topic, 1/60 versions would be great for collectors who are running out of space.........like me :wacko: But still, I like the 1/48s for its sheer size.

Im running out of space btw I need to get a new shelf to put in my room. Preferable in the 60 to 100 dollar price range.

I believe he's pointing out that, were this truly the case, you would be able to see the cutout for the mounting slot on the underside of the left arm. Because you can't it means that both arm pieces AREN'T exactly the same...

I refuse to believe that Yamato would do that. Besides - if you want to be REALLY picky about that picture observe:

206ivwy.jpg

Oooo look! No second screw! There's nooooo screw!! Yamato! What have you done!! Now I'll have to fly to Japan to get a customized screw for the that!!

Geez Yamato! When I said "DON'T SCREW ME AGAIN!" I didn't expect this cruel cruel misunderstanding - I didn't mean "don't put a screw where there should be one!" :) :)

But seriously guys- how many times has Hasbro released promotional pics of mis-transformed Transformers?

And do people go around saying 'that's just wrong!' - no - they say - 'that's just mistransformed.'

VFTF1

I'm looking forward to them cause i am cheap and 1/48s are really expensive. B))

206ivwy.jpg

Oooo look! No second screw! There's nooooo screw!! Yamato! What have you done!! Now I'll have to fly to Japan to get a customized screw for the that!!

Geez Yamato! When I said "DON'T SCREW ME AGAIN!" I didn't expect this cruel cruel misunderstanding - I didn't mean "don't put a screw where there should be one!" :) :)

VFTF1

you are screwed twice then :p :P

ok I really hope it will be fixed ... ^_^

AS A REMINDER NOTHING PERSONAL GUYS it is MW

But it is not hard to me to imagine that Yamato could have screwed up on this ...

Edited by Ghostkiller

206ivwy.jpg

VFTF1

you are screwed twice then :p :P

ok I really hope it will be fixed ... ^_^

But it is not hard to me to imagine that Yamato could have screwed up on this ...

I highly doubt this is the way the final product will turn out guys... The people that put up the toys for display in ads sometimes dont get the presentation right at all. Remember the people setting up these toys for display usually dont collect toys themselves and dont know much about how things go. Yamato does screw up alot more than other companies but it usually isnt something this obvious and severe.

Quoted for truth.

Actual product varying from the pic or not, it pays for collectors to be EXTRA careful just because this product is made by Yamato. A lot of us here are just too forgiving and worse - always forgetting the company's repeated mistakes. Please don't be like that. Readers may think I'm anti-Yamato and are biased, which I AM NOW. But if anybody care to know - I was their avid fan once. Despite having limited funds, I'd still bent over backwards to find ways to afford their first releases. I would visit MW for ANY scraps of news of the Yamato VFs development, discussions and eventual release, then hustle to my usual retailer to get a copy when news of the Yamato valks have landed. I'd even overlook their smallest mistakes - however many times they are REPEATED in their subsequent releases and would be back for more. But what I used to feel is a complete turnaround now.

This isn't just about something as small as a screw in a wrong place or a flipped arm FP, but more like being screwed in the wrong ways many times over by them than by other toy companies and not willing to experience it again.

Edit PS:- If Yamato cared, they could've find someone to photoshop that pic for a small fee, for good impression's sake, I know I would. What kills me is that this picture is from a Japanese company from a culture that cares about making a good impression above everything else - maybe to Yamato it's just not important enough. Maybe they thought their target market are kids that would overlook this kind of thing... or maybe they assumed that their customers would be mature enough to understand that the actual product may vary from the picture thingee... and buy one to see.

What I know is that disclaimer about "actual product that may vary product picture" was actually first used by America multinational corporations to cover their occasional unsure or maybe incompetent asses... the Japanese with their Kaizen attitude didn't even bothered to borrow such an excuse - Now with Yamato leading the way, they really do.

Edited by Beware of Blast

the Japanese with their Kaizen attitude didn't even bothered to borrow such an excuse

It's funny. I was told just this morning by my Japanese boss to put the words "Pre-production sample; final product may vary" on one of our ads because our (Japanese) factory goofed on the color (which was very clearly specced and will now be depicted incorrectly in all of our advertisements) of one of our products. How the world changes.

Still, in the case of our own factory, the problem is being changed at the 11th hour. It's never too late to change things, even days before delivery, so I wont be in a panic about anything until I see the delivered product. It's easier on the blood pressure.

Maybe it's a good thing to be changing stuff in the 11th hour if the result is for the betterment of the product's quality. So far, I get the impression that Yamato didn't even bothered with such nonsense. Maybe it's not worth it for them when the company incurs medical claims and employee revenue in the process. The way I see it, it's better that Yamato and their collective asses get high blood pressure than us. But nah, many of you don't think that way, so the problem persist.

Well - as someone who owns a budding small business, I can understand Yamato - although I fully understand how Beware of Blast feels and it is his right and prerogative to be more careful with their future products or even just to walk away...still...here's how I see it:

Yamato is a young company and notice that their product line consists of - really - ONLY high end expensive stuff. They don't mass produce any crapola for really cheap that they can then turn around and sell for huge profits. They have decided to put themselves on the market as the company that takes toy-making technology and design to new heights.

The cost of this decision is that they have no cushion. They aren't mass selling Pokemon so that they can R&D Masterpiece Optimus Prime. They don't have the benefit of Bandai which seems to be very well diversified.

Ergo - I imagine that the only niche they could find for themselves in the Market is making perfect beautiful amazing figures and selling them at pretty steep prices. Although remember - as has been pointed out before - usually only 25% of that price goes to the origin company - the rest is wholesale, retail, eventual overseas transport/ VAT/tarrifs, taxes etc etc etc.

My point is not to excuse Yamato for flaws. I don't have a zillion dollars either; it really broke my heart when my VF-OA broke in three place right out of the box, and when my old VF-11B literally had its' leg fall off right out of the box. But my reaction was to just...buy another one. And now my VF-OA is a-ok. Probability that you will get two bad ones in a row is low.

I decided to do this because I for one believe in what Yamato is doing and hope that this kind of company can one day be profitable enough and have the experience to make this stuff in larger quantities at lower prices. I want to see the market go the direction that Yamato is going - Bandai has a lot of really great stuff on offer as well, as do CMS', Takara and others - but in terms of Macross - there's nowhere else to go except for Yamato.

So anyways - starting a business is always tough - especially if the whole idea of the business is to cater to high end buyers. I mean - I doubt Yamato thinks "oh stupid kids won't notice our mistakes." They do not make anything for children. Their target group is you, me and Beware of Beast - and I'm sure they take the griping seriously.

How seriously?

Well - look at the company history: The original 1/72 YF-21 was much better than the SHE and a great figure. But Yamato went back and made a better one. Same with the YF19. The VF-1 went from perfect looking to perfect transforming... It all takes time and effort and painstaking experimentation.

I understand that the market is not a charity organization, that people aren't going to patronize a company that keeps screwing up. But I do not believe that Yamato is screwing up due to being lazy, dumb, incompetent or evil. I think they are screwing up because they have embarked on an extremely difficult enterprise. EXTREMELY DIFFICULT.

As have we - the people who are determined to own and enjoy such products.

I'm confident that the Yamato 1/60 VF-1S will be a page turner - I really hope so - I truly hope that it will be tight and durable and strong. The 1/48 already is - but I still get a little scared when handling it - so there's room for improvement.

Improve away Yamato.

VFTF1

With 3 months or so to go, why is everyone freaking out on a product that probably has yet to pass final approval? While it is good that we find these things, I'm pretty sure that it's an issue that would get noticed before they go directly to pounding the parts out in a factory. It would cost them more to fix the problem than to just do it right the first time. Not that that situation never happens, but in a case like this where it's so painstakingly obvious, I'd like to have a little more confidence in a company that I spend so much money on than that. And if you don't, my question would be, why are you buying their toys?

With 3 months or so to go, why is everyone freaking out on a product that probably has yet to pass final approval? While it is good that we find these things, I'm pretty sure that it's an issue that would get noticed before they go directly to pounding the parts out in a factory. It would cost them more to fix the problem than to just do it right the first time. Not that that situation never happens, but in a case like this where it's so painstakingly obvious, I'd like to have a little more confidence in a company that I spend so much money on than that. And if you don't, my question would be, why are you buying their toys?

Nice ending question

Yamato is the best company for macross valks at the moment

But when it comes to expensive products it is our right to be afraid and to complain if the reason is valid

some people do forget too fast errors made previously... on which late valk release did we had a correct first run ? color variations not included ...

At least if people are pointing mistake we can hope for a correction before release.

and for YF21 which is delayed for an unknown reason : was a big issue found after the the first run was fully done ???? so was the final approval that reliable ???

but after all I am a fan of yamato and only have yamato valks...

:p

Guys, its really simple. Those that have the money will buy the first version, cause well, why not, most problems are fixable, and they will most likely sell it when a fix comes out at a cheaper price for people have tight budgets. Now, people that do have limited budget, and did learn that there is a 50/50 possibility that first runs will be a screw-up (or wont be perfect), will wait for second or third run, which will be perfect, or less problematic.

Now some may argue that there wont be a second run if no one buys the first run, but fact is, there are always the people with bigger means (who could in the worst case re-sell the toy in ebay) and collectionist that will buy the first run. And to those that do have a limited budget, well, it actually takes experience, meaning you jumping on a first run only to be disapointed later (me being one of them with the first run of the vf-0s), to actually buy only in second or third runs of a new mold. This does not include new colors, cause normally Yamato will get that right, so no worries there. That said, everybody is happy with their Yamato products!!! ;)

I totally understand people pointing problems out. That's what's great about everyone here, the fact that we can be overly thorough in everything. Worrying too much about something though, isn't necessarily gonna help you out though. Anyways, I'm thinking that by release date, we should have a decent 1/60. Problem free? I don't know, but with this being a fix of a previous 1/60, and technology of the 1/48s already figured out for the most part, I have confidence in this toy. The VF-1 is Yamatos most remade toy I would think, so we have that bit of solice. Then again, like what was said before, if the first ends up not being as good as the later releases, ebay, my friends!!!

The not so great things are:-

1) most of us behave like kids on Christmas with these subpar stuff when in truth we are shelling out at least $100 a pop for these things. They should be treated with a more appraising attitude.

2) Yamato is not changing. It's been nearly a decade already. They are waiting for something to happen. Mark my words.

2) Yamato is not changing. It's been nearly a decade already. They are waiting for something to happen. Mark my words.

Yamato is waiting for the right time to strike. EIN REICH! EIN VOLK! EIN VALKYRIE!

Edited by VF5SS

Right time to strike? Here's a summary of what's in your Yamato's immediate future:-

1) Toynami makes progress selling Bandai's Macross valks in the US.

2) Toynami soon to supply Macross Frontier Valks also.

3) Big West, Bandai - Big Fallout.

4) Big West looking high and low for other fund avenues for Frontiers' movie and sequels.

4) Toynami to supply Macross Frontier Valks worldwide.

5) Yamato still uses plastics for crucial parts - refuses to ship parts overseas, citing company's own restricted directives.

Let's hope we're not getting a Yamato and Big West frogs soup. The soup's damn nice but one still feels for the frogs.

I respectfully disagree with the assesment.

Yamato has learned how to create a perfect transformation VF-1 with no swing bars or legs coming off. Yamato has also learned how to create an SV-51. Yamato learned how to create the 1/60 YF19.

All of the criticisms of what Yamato does wrong or poorly are valid.

But sometimes I get the feeling we're pretending that developing the SV-51 or YF19 1/60 or engineering perfect transformation Valkyrie was child's play.

Ahhh - I coulda done it in my sleep! Nooo problem!

More likely that Yamato put so much effort into developing and perfecting the Valkyrie we love that a lot of loose ends were left - well, loose.

VFTF1

Yamato has learned how to create a perfect transformation VF-1 with no swing bars or legs coming off. Yamato has also learned how to create an SV-51. Yamato learned how to create the 1/60 YF19.
Nobody criticized these attempts. They were ingenious. It's just that they ALWAYS leave something (that is so obvious to us) undone. The seam on 1/48 VF1S head, falling armament on the SV51 and the non-locking chestplate on the 1/60 YF19 are just some good examples. And all of them will have hairline cracks at articulation areas later on.

But sometimes I get the feeling we're pretending that developing the SV-51 or YF19 1/60 or engineering perfect transformation Valkyrie was child's play.

Nobody ever said they were child's play. They designed the toys with minds of geniuses, then they'd make them as though they're building sand castles.

Look at the whole deal from this perspective shall we? Yamato has spent so much effort on generating a beautiful trasforming valk. They charge a pretty penny for it too. Now tell me - does it make any sense for you that they give us shoddy fittings on top of cheap plastic on crucial areas over and over again?

I've had transforming MODEL KITS with plastic parts that can last better than Yamato's. And the best part is they are all ABS. Not a single piece are made of Yamato's much vaunted POM.

More likely that Yamato put so much effort into developing and perfecting the Valkyrie we love that a lot of loose ends were left - well, loose.

Maybe I should make excuses for them myself like you. That way, I can live happier. :)

Nobody criticized these attempts. They were ingenious. It's just that they ALWAYS leave something (that is so obvious to us) undone. The seam on 1/48 VF1S head, falling armament on the SV51 and the non-locking chestplate on the 1/60 YF19 are just some good examples. And all of them will have hairline cracks at articulation areas later on.

Nobody ever said they were child's play. They designed the toys with minds of geniuses, theyn they make them as though they're building sand castles.

Look at the whole deal from this perspective shall we? Yamato has spent so much effort on generating a beautiful trasforming valk. They charge a pretty penny for it too. Now tell me - does it make any sense for you that they give us shoddy fittings on top of cheap plastic on crucial areas over and over again?

I've had transforming MODEL KITS with plastic parts that can last better than Yamato's. And the best part is they are all ABS. Not a single piece are made of Yamato's much vaunted POM.

Maybe I should make excuses for them myself like you. That way, I can live happier. :)

Sooooooo.........never got those happy pills eh!?! :D

Sooooooo.........never got those happy pills eh!?! :D

FYI, you're not suppose to take too much. They make your gunpod small. And jam your firing. You seem to be too happy for a normal person, better stay away from them. Just a friendly advice.