1/60 perfect transforming vf-1 from yamato?

Shaggydog

Can someone list all the improvements this toy has over the old 1/48 just for the record?

We don't have a full list of gimmicks/features but here's a rundown.

- Chest transformation similar to the VF-0, so the fuselage slides up to reduce the length of the nose in battroid

- VF-0 style lock for the swing bar, no more hunting for those little pegs with toothpicks

- VF-1s has the seam towards the back near the head laser mounts... no more seam down the middle of the face (finally)

- Double jointed elbow (finally)

- relatively larger posable hands

- Foot thruster detail no longer splits in half when foot is deployed

- Knees are of the yf-19 design

- Collapsable fins on the legs, presumably for the GBP armor

- The shins are thinner, more accurate to the line art

- Back pack has a new lock... I'm meh on this one since the lock is pretty visible in gerwalk

- FAST pack nacelles either have a revised mounting system or support struts

- Designed to accomodate 2 seater versions

- nose cone and flaps are fixed, no longer removable/movable

- tons of tampo printing

- overall proportions tweaked... nose not as long, chest not as wide

- arms don't hang below legs in fighter mode

And as ignacio pointed out: full of win!!!

Edited by eugimon

Cool. Sounds like it includes improved stuff we saw in the mac zero toys and mac plus toys but cutting out gimmicks like flaps and airbrake.

I wonder now about one thing: what are the joints going to be like? Will they feel clicky and stiff but not dangerously stiff that you risk snapping the plastic? Or just be loose and annoying to pose in robot mode? Fighter modes always lock together nice. I hope battroid mode can hold a pose when GBP comes out. 1/48 toys for me were good because they felt like the robot could hold the poses well which you can't always say happened with the 1/72 yf-21 or other previous stuff.

Un spacy sticker in the pics on the previous page is the wrong way around. Should be right side up when the gunpod is sitting underneath in fighter mode.

Hope the final version doesn't have that mistake! :D

I think they're doing the same thing they did on the VF-0 guns, where the UNSPACY is always right side up on one side.

Got a question though: will the GBP be as chunky as the 1/48?

This is the one thing about the GBP that made the already-tiny hands of the 1/48 look even more ridiculously tiny: The armor seemed fatter than the lineart. What chance do we have of seeing skinnier armor?

I think pretty good. The smaller chest and more compact body should help a lot on that end.

I'm hoping for better posability as well... It was pretty tricky to get the 1/48 in GBP to do anything other than the sumo squat.

I absolutely couldn't agree with you more. I knew this was gonna be the nail in the old 1/60 lines market value coffin. And it's looking that way more and more...this could even hurt the 1/48 line too, although there will always be people who are fans of the 1/48.

-Kyp

Well d'uh!

I think pretty good. The smaller chest and more compact body should help a lot on that end.

I'm hoping for better posability as well... It was pretty tricky to get the 1/48 in GBP to do anything other than the sumo squat.

Yes, the poseability of a 1/48 with the GBP was pretty horrible.

:ph34r:

I guess that backpack hinge isn't used in Gerwalk mode? I hope that's just something they forgot to use for the pics. I mean on the 1/48, the backpack hinge was used in all modes, except for fighter mode without armor. I'm really not digging that hinge sticking out like that in Gerwalk mode. I hope it's not just for the Battroid mode. And no side covers really, really sucks (again!). I wonder if this version has a big gap behind the head, too. Doesn't look like they'll be using that neckpiece for this version. I guess there was no need for it this time, but that will suck if there's a large gap behind the head. The neckpiece on the 1/48 served a functional purpose, AND it covered the gap behind the head.

The hand looks kinda big. Maybe its just that particular angle being shot??
They ARE big. I've been noticing it all along, but forgot to bitch about it because the poseable hands are the correct size.

post-176-1211604667_thumb.jpg
Meh. Side covers would be cool but they're not important to me. Also don't care about the fastpack piece. The chest is just mistransformed and not locked down all the way.

Don't forget, the hands were pretty huge in the cartoon... maybe Yamato was just trying to capture that feeling. Besides, Yamato probably took so much heat over their tiny 1/48 hands they took the "You want big hands... you got 'em!" approach on this one.

Don't forget, the hands were pretty huge in the cartoon... maybe Yamato was just trying to capture that feeling. Besides, Yamato probably took so much heat over their tiny 1/48 hands they took the "You want big hands... you got 'em!" approach on this one.

The hands don't really bother me. At least the VFs now can reach out to their nosecones and get a grip. I'm happy for them.

Edited by Beware of Blast

The hands don't really bother me. At least the VFs now can reach out to their nosecones and get a grip. I'm happy for them.

Nose cones meh. Their "gunpods" are smaller. :lol:

How in the HELL did I miss this?!?!

Look at the insides of the feet thrusters!!

FULL OF WIN INDEED!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Kyp

HELL YEAH!!! That looks fantastic. Thanks for the pic mate. I already know alot of you people are going to hate the way that the Booby Ducks connect...but I think it's going to be marvelous!

:ph34r:

This is the only other Valk other than the MPC version that has the rectangular thrusters inside the feet that I know of.

I've been waiting for someone else to make one like this, but I never expected to see this on the new 1/60 version! :o

-Kyp

I like those rectangle thrusters.

Which of the vf-1 have the circular ones and which of them have the rectangle ones?

I don't think it was consistent until DYRL. In SDFM, sometimes they had the rectangular ports and sometimes they had the round ones. The line art shows both as well. The VF-1s strike in the design works shows the rectangular ports.