1/60 perfect transforming vf-1 from yamato?

Shaggydog

Which do you like better? Do you think they should give us two detachable feet types like with the removable clown hands we got for the 1/48 TV valks, so that we can have both types? :D

heh, something new to complain about! YES! :lol:

I like the rectangular ports, I just think they look cool, and it makes more sense to me for GERWALK and battroid modes to have thrust distributed.

Having the rectangular thruster exhaust ports in the feet is one more thing these new 1/60's have over the 1/48's.

The old 1/60 VF-1 line is nothing compared to this new 1/60 line. Long live the new 1/60 VF-1 line! :D

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

heh, something new to complain about! YES! :lol:

There's always something right?!? :lol:

IMO the rectangular thruster look divine.

:ph34r:

i dont like it, i dont like it, i dont like it, i dont like it, i dont know why but, i dont like it, i was hoping that those thrusters were roun and independent like the vf 0......................... <_<

i dont like it, i dont like it, i dont like it, i dont like it, i dont know why but, i dont like it, i was hoping that those thrusters were roun and independent like the vf 0......................... <_<

don't buy it, don't buy it, don't buy it, don't buy it, you don't like it, so just don't buy it then. :p

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

Heh, I wish I felt the same as you, then I wouldn't have to drop more $$ to get the 1/60. Honestly, I still think the 1/48 still rulz for fighter mode, so my 1/60 will be dedicated gerwalk or battroid.

i dont like it, i dont like it, i dont like it, i dont like it, i dont know why but, i dont like it, i was hoping that those thrusters were roun and independent like the vf 0......................... dry.gif

You have your 1/48s, and no one is telling you to buy the new 1/60. Don't be mad us 1/60 fans finally have something to replace the old, inadequate, flawed, 1/60 VF-1.

Dont worry guys is just my opinion, as for a toy probably is a good thing to complete all 1:60 line, and i dont know but in the future i will have some two seaters, hopefully yamato could release the vf4 , the sv 51 dobber, the vf 0d, and finally the vf 25 and vf 27 line, those are the valks im interested to have.......... ^_^:rolleyes:

I wonder how many of us will break their 1/60 VF-1 upon first transformation because we think we can transform it wthout reading the manual first?... :rolleyes:

Shouldn't be a problem for me if the toy comes in fighter mode out of the box. If not, I'm in trouble. :lol:

if i can flail this new VF-1 around without fear of breaking anything even with FP's,

then this would be the bestest VF-1 toy since the 1/55's !

i wonder what the foot thrusters look like when they're open. will there be any detail in the middle ?

1/55 are strong but they were beaten/surpassed when the 1/48 came around imo. Nothing against bandai, I just think the whole "1/48 is soooo delicate don't touch it or it will break!" is exaggerated. Sure it's not as strong as a toy designed for a mainstream casual buyer but it was aiming more for the collector who is never going to just throw it around and who understands they are paying a premium to have it. So for that customer it achieved what it set out to do.

Now when the vf-25 comes out which has strong joints, good materials, and at the same time is faithful to the cg model, then we will have reached a new level. Strong toy, but sculpted well too.

These 1/60s are great, but let's hope that yamato really does pay attention to all the criticisms in quality this time. So far they've done good with the later sv-51 releases, and I hope they keep it up. By the time yf-21 is out, and is safe to buy on first release (that should be the goal they set for themselves to repair their reputation) then they can have all the money they want from me.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I wonder how many of us will break their 1/60 VF-1 upon first transformation because we think we can transform it wthout reading the manual first?... :rolleyes:

So far I've transformed every valk toy without even taking the instructions out of the bag, and nothing has broken or stressed. That's part of the fun for me. :)

So far I've transformed every valk toy without even taking the instructions out of the bag, and nothing has broken or stressed. That's part of the fun for me. :)

I feel ya on that. But then there are times were it's like "WTF!?! What happened....this looks nothing like Battroid mode" :wacko::D

1/55 are strong but they were beaten/surpassed when the 1/48 came around imo.

No. The 1/48 screamed "hey my fighter mode is great, battroid and gerwalk came after so....ignore my skinny arms my fighter mode rules!". The only other toy that has a balanced appearance proportion wise in all 3 modes other than the 1/55 is the new 1/60.

Nothing against bandai, I just think the whole "1/48 is soooo delicate don't touch it or it will break!" is exaggerated.

It is, the 1/48 is very durable. Transformers Alternators are much more fragile and delicate.

Sure it's not as strong as a toy designed for a mainstream casual buyer but it was aiming more for the collector who is never going to just throw it around and who understands they are paying a premium to have it. So for that customer it achieved what it set out to do.

Some of those collectors such as myself still want something that has the durability of the 1/55 but the aesthetic of the 1/48. By what Graham has mentioned about the tightness of the new 1/60, I imagine its the closest thing. It doesn't seem like we need to worry about the bp8 situation on the new 1/60. The only thing I worry about is the shoulders eventually loosening up, like they did on my 1/48.

Biggest issue I still have with yamato are:

-I want hasbro levels of ratchets (like what you get on a leader class toy) on toys that are large.

-things must lock together tightly in ALL modes just like transformers, and not just in fighter mode only. If TF Alternators and stuff can look like replica model cars in Alt mode whilst at the same time have their robot mode feel solid and locked firmly into place, then so can yamato's toys which cost heaps of money.

^

These two things should be their goals now that we've got the man hands on 1/60, more tampo prints, and balanced proportions for all three modes, along with the usual accurate sculpts we've come to expect from the more expensive, small run toys. As they meet our expectations and demands, naturally our standards for quality gradually gets set higher and higher as we get used to the improving toys and keep spending money on the better ones that replace the older ones.

Work on those joints to increase their lasting power. So if in future we get say a male zentradi power armor at 1/60 (to fight a 1/60 Qrau) I no longer have to worry about the figure flopping over backwards or forwards and falling off the shelf due to loose hip joints and stuff, or the ankles collapsing down due to the weight of the toy pushing them back inwards when they should stay extended. Whoever is designing the toys, need to think about these things apart from just how it looks on a computer. "What does it feel like when you handle the physical thing itself?" For smaller toys I have not as much issue but when you get to a certain size and weight that is when you'll need the better joints. Maybe for some mecha designs you can't help it (for example if a robot naturally back-heavy) but just consider those things when making it and look at how other toy companies solve that problem.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I'm that way too, i try to do everything without instructions, and if it's too hard (like the neck fuselage on the YF-19, i'll resort to safety.

Even Nora i changed it without instructions or looking here for info.

Even Nora i changed it without instructions or looking here for info.

REALLY!?! Good job. That seems like it would be a diffacult transformation. I would'nt know...but it just looks like it.

Little things take more thought than lets say, moving the arms into position to convert the VF-1 back into fighter mode.

Once you got your head around it the first time it's piss easy.

But yeah, the battroid of the SV-51... it's something you need to experience, it's scary. (as in awesome)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

But yeah, the battroid of the SV-51... it's something you need to experience, it's scary. (as in awesome)

I couldn't agree with you more. I went full transformation, on the SV-51y Ivanov, to all modes right out of the box. Damn scary.

Yet, I think I've handled more than my fair share of transforming toys to understand how it would work. But making this transform correctly is a bit mind boggling. It really demonstrates Yamato's true abililty of how to percieve and create a PT toy without detering from lineart (just wish they could manage the same with the VF-1).

I couldn't agree with you more. I went full transformation, on the SV-51y Ivanov, to all modes right out of the box. Damn scary.

Yet, I think I've handled more than my fair share of transforming toys to understand how it would work. But making this transform correctly is a bit mind boggling. It really demonstrates Yamato's true abililty of how to percieve and create a PT toy without detering from lineart (just wish they could manage the same with the VF-1).

They have to be getting close to getting the VF-1 by now... who knows maybe we'll get a version III one day. >_<

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

How in the HELL did I miss this?!?!

Look at the insides of the feet thrusters!!

19.jpg

FULL OF WIN INDEED!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Kyp

Me TOO!!! THAT's what I've been wanting to see!!! OUTSTANDING!!!

Chris

If I had a complaint about this new VF-1, it would be that the yellow dots on the end of the arms (below the hands) are painted on instead of sculpted in. That's kinda lame. There are also two little vernier thrusters or something on the back of each ankle. I wonder if those are sculpted in.

If I had a complaint about this new VF-1, it would be that the yellow dots on the end of the arms (below the hands) are painted on instead of sculpted in. That's kinda lame. There are also two little vernier thrusters or something on the back of each ankle. I wonder if those are sculpted in.

There's ALWAYS room for complaints :lol:^_^ .

Preordered! (from Valkyrie Exchange)

More pics from amiami:

TOY-RBT-0255_06.jpg

I personally think it looks better than the 1/48.

I am honestly impressed! And with me coming in on this release on the front end, I can guarantee that I will purchase each and every release and won't have to play catch up like I did with the 1/48 line. Very impressive indeed! Does anyone know if these will have full tampo printing or will there be some decaling to apply?

B))

OO

I am honestly impressed! And with me coming in on this release on the front end, I can guarantee that I will purchase each and every release and won't have to play catch up like I did with the 1/48 line. Very impressive indeed! Does anyone know if these will have full tampo printing or will there be some decaling to apply?

B))

OO

The bottom of the pic says "Some decals have not been applied".

Thanks for that bit of info! It's hard to decipher in the photos. It all looks like tampo printing...which is good!

For sure that is good. I was very impressed with the tampo printing on the CM Legioss/TREAD. I am certain I will be equally impressed with the printing on these valks.