1/60 perfect transforming vf-1 from yamato?

Shaggydog

You guys seem to be being very strict with your PT definition... although I suppose the phrase begs for that strictness since it incorporates the word "perfect." Optional parts, like an extra set of hands, shouldn't affect whether or not you consider the toy PT. Soon people are going to be saying that since the gun needs to be removed and reinstalled during transformation the toy isn't PT. The only thing that looks non PT to me about this V2 is the hip/intake covers. You probably have to remove the missiles too.

You guys seem to be being very strict with your PT definition... although I suppose the phrase begs for that strictness since it incorporates the word "perfect." Optional parts, like an extra set of hands, shouldn't affect whether or not you consider the toy PT. Soon people are going to be saying that since the gun needs to be removed and reinstalled during transformation the toy isn't PT. The only thing that looks non PT to me about this V2 is the hip/intake covers. You probably have to remove the missiles too.

I would'nt go as far to say that it's not PT because of the gunpod...but I do somewhat agree with the hands being removed and added that make it non-PT. I do however TOTALLY think that it is not PT based on the simple fact of the intake covers. Of course...That's only 2 things that would make the V.2 be not PT.

:ph34r:

Hey, here's something nobody ever talks about any more. You know how the backpack is way too far back in gerwalk mode on the 1/48 (and also the 1/60)? Well, the Toynami 1/100 had a simple solution to this. It had a sort of double hinge, so the piece connecting the backpack to the rest of the valk could be in two positions. In one position, the backpack looked good in gerwalk because it was pushed forward, and in the other position it looked good in battroid because it was pushed down. I think it only locked in the high position in battroid mode, which was backwards. But it was so simple. I wish the new 1/60 used that idea.

Side covers. Make them standard so that non-fp valks that never had FP in the show can have the colour-matched pieces. Please.

Oh and low visibility vf-1 is going to look so good in this line. Any word of if they plan on non-canon paintschemes? Alaska base valk needs to be done!

One more gimmick I wouldn't mind seeing: they include an option to have the gunpod flipped so you could have a valk use the gunpod like an arm mounted gun like max does in DYRL to kill the zentradi with a point blank shot to the face. (ie max and milia love that move :D) I figure if they went to all this trouble to do the detachable front section of the fuselage, then this thing would be a breeze! So er graham/yamato spies ask them to see if they could do that.

1. side covers as standard. (come on everyone complain and whine about this more why doncha??)

2. max DYRL flippable gunpod gimmick.

After this 1/60 line is finished yamato will probably milk the vf-1 over again with a new and improved 1/48 line with "balanced shape for all modes". :D "includes all the improvements of the new 1/60 but even more! Magic hands, rotating seat gimmick, detachable arms to mimmick hikaru's super valk itano circus battle in the rain of death episode, removable chair so pilot can eject from the battroid...etcetcetc" :p

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Side covers. Make them standard so that non-fp valks that never had FP in the show can have the colour-matched pieces. Please.

Oh and low visibility vf-1 is going to look so good in this line. Any word of if they plan on non-canon paintschemes? Alaska base valk needs to be done!

One more gimmick I wouldn't mind seeing: they include an option to have the gunpod flipped so you could have a valk use the gunpod like an arm mounted gun like max does in DYRL to kill the zentradi with a point blank shot to the face. (ie max and milia love that move :D) I figure if they went to all this trouble to do the detachable front section of the fuselage, then this thing would be a breeze! So er graham/yamato spies ask them to see if they could do that.

1. side covers as standard. (come on everyone complain and whine about this more why doncha??) THIS IS EASY AND POSSIBLE.

2. max DYRL flippable gunpod gimmick. THIS IS ALSO EASY AND POSSIBLE.

After this 1/60 line is finished yamato will probably milk the vf-1 over again with a new and improved 1/48 line with "balanced shape for all modes". :D "includes all the improvements of the new 1/60 but even more! Magic hands, rotating seat gimmick, detachable arms to mimmick hikaru's super valk itano circus battle in the rain of death episode, removable chair so pilot can eject from the battroid...etcetcetc" YOU'RE LIVING IN A PIPEDREAM :p

Yamato will make another version that is wonkier than it predecessor (spelling). This is not a prophecy but an omen.

Edited by nightmareB4macross

I know it's easy, but the question still remains will they do it. Look how long it took them to get the tampo printing after complaining for ages.

And if yamato don't do it, maybe bandai could with perfect grade VF-1 in the future when terminators take over the world and can make this stuff easily without human errors and complaints of being underpaid.

Whats the big talk about side covers ne way? Could somebody tell me or show me a pic of what theyre refering too? So far from what ive seen all the valks looks fine to me.

Oh and about PT... I think adding in all the features to a valk toy like folding intake covers and hands that are just right or a nose cone that looks balanced in every mode is a really tough challenge for any toy company period.

In the anime the proportions on the actual valks are morphed into different sizes magically to make it look good in every form and with every attachment. Its just not possible to make a complex toy like a valk look totally anime accurate because to do that the toy would have to morph itself and thats not currently possible.

The best thing they could do is add extra hands or different size pieces to begin with and thats what they've been doing all along. Besides adding a feature like a perfect foldable intake cover would be pretty difficult, you would have to make it sturdy and at the same time make it so that the pieces fold over each other and into a compartment without them falling apart. Its possible but I guess they figure too much time and money would be spent into R&D for a feature like that.

The side covers are basically the covers that you get with the GBP armor for the yamato 1/48 VF-1.

Ever since they had them, we've all wondered why yamato doesn't just make it a standard part of every VF-1 toy.

It covers up the ugly gap at the side of the robot and is a canon feature of the VF-1 as seen in the episode where hikaru is in the vf-1d in batttroid mode after having ploughed through a row of buildings. (you can see a good view of the robot\'s side in that shot.)

Because not all VF-1 used the GBP, it's a bit silly to expect people to buy a GBP armor set just to get the covers or expect recaster to make covers when yamato can just include it. So if you want to just buy a VF-1D, you already have all you need when you buy the toy. No need to buy a GBP set, paint the cover the right colour etc when yamato can just make it standard.

sidepartru7.jpg

covers on vf-1d as shown in the tv series

post-2246-1142382740.jpg

recasts from nb4

Ah I see what they are, thanks for posting the pics I went back staring at my Hikaru VF-1S in the GBP armor and remembered those grey pieces I left in the box. I though they were yamato display stand mounts lol. I just figured out that they actually mounted on the side. Yeah its too bad yamato didn't put those pieces in with all their 1/48 vf-1's, oh well thats why theres recasters I guess. Ill have to buy another pair for my roy fokker vf-1s soon then. Do you know of any good recasters on this site?

The side covers are basically the covers that you get with the GBP armor for the yamato 1/48 VF-1.

Ever since they had them, we've all wondered why yamato doesn't just make it a standard part of every VF-1 toy.

It covers up the ugly gap at the side of the robot and is a canon feature of the VF-1 as seen in the episode where hikaru is in the vf-1d in batttroid mode after having ploughed through a row of buildings. (you can see a good view of the robot\'s side in that shot.)

Because not all VF-1 used the GBP, it's a bit silly to expect people to buy a GBP armor set just to get the covers or expect recaster to make covers when yamato can just include it. So if you want to just buy a VF-1D, you already have all you need when you buy the toy. No need to buy a GBP set, paint the cover the right colour etc when yamato can just make it standard.

sidepartru7.jpg

covers on vf-1d as shown in the tv series

post-2246-1142382740.jpg

recasts from nb4

Ironically, some people want PT without having to swap anyting or add on anything. It's a great touch to me with the covers nevertheless.

There is no way to make every mode looks good since animation is animation after all. I'd prefer the valkyrie to look accurate in fighter mode. Yamato did well in this new line in all 3 modes, IMO.

Huh? The side covers won't affect any modes, any more than the ability to swap hands on the 1/48 vf-1 had affected PT of that toy. (which it didn't) Seems like the least hard thing for yamato to do and frankly any excuse for not including them will be as stupid as them not including fast packs and gunpods for the original 1/72 YF-21 release. ie In other words, there simply won't be a good excuse. :D

Having those covers there is just as logical as having a heatshield or a pilot with every non-fast packed and non-gbp valk. It is a part of the robot mode and for some of us, this is a gimmick that is even more practical/useful/appealing to us than the ability to detach a section of the cockpit to fit on the arm. (as cool as that gimmick still is for inclusion)

Yamato gave us posable head turret for the 21..

they gave us more tampo printing..

they gave us improvement in joints..

they gave us better hands..

they improved the proportions of the robot mode..(no fat chest)

they added stuff we didn't expect.. (rainbow windshield, detatching cockpit gimmick)

they allowed the yf-21 to eject the arms and legs..

...sidecovers...not that hard compared to all of the above.. the covers being there isn't going to mean it isn't classified by everyone as a perfect transforming toy any more than the ability to remove the intake covers (instead of having them stay connected to the toy) does.

Besides adding a feature like a perfect foldable intake cover would be pretty difficult

Sorry mate....but this would not be that hard whatsoever. If I took the time...I could make them. Now wanting to take that kind of time currently I cannot do.

:ph34r:

I am totally agreeing about the Side Covers. They should come standard. It really makes the battroid mode look better. I wonder what it would take to get them to do it. Bribery? Teases? Seduction? Scandal? Chocolate and Roses? A kiss? Blackmail? A threat? A love song? A mix Tape? Some more whining? A couple gallons of Scotch?

I am totally agreeing about the Side Covers. They should come standard. It really makes the battroid mode look better. I wonder what it would take to get them to do it. Bribery? Teases? Seduction? Scandal? Chocolate and Roses? A kiss? Blackmail? A threat? A love song? A mix Tape? Some more whining? A couple gallons of Scotch?

I'd go with the last one and make it 4 gallons of scotch for safe keeping. Hell will even give them a complementary shot glass!

If I had to guess, I'd say that all the DYRL valks will probably come outfitted like Roy's VF-1s, meaning you can do strike or super depending on your own preference. If that's the case it's definitely not something I would complain about.

I didn't notice this before but looking at battroid mode, that shoulder/arm joint looks scary (as in, it looks like a place where breakage can occur). The part that seems to hang and looks like plastic 'reverse C'. Attached to it looks like a balljoint.

Camera angle tricking my eyes or is that really all that's holding the arm?

A VF-1A with Strike cannon? I thought only "'S" model VF's got Strike cannons. Shouldn't it be standard issue FAST packs?

Or perhaps Yamato is doing what we've asked for a while and releasing each one with multiple heads, of course that then makes we wonder how the head attaches.

I didn't notice this before but looking at battroid mode, that shoulder/arm joint looks scary (as in, it looks like a place where breakage can occur). The part that seems to hang and looks like plastic 'reverse C'. Attached to it looks like a balljoint.

Camera angle tricking my eyes or is that really all that's holding the arm?

Looks to be the same ball joint/shoulder assembly as the VF-0, except without the scary modular shoulder armor design. I think this is necessary to accomodate the updated swingbar and to eliminate the low-hanging arms in fighter mode.

Edited by ghostryder

I am loving this Hikaru VF-1A. Didnt it have strike in DYRL? Loving the head sculpt on this 1A!

I am really wanting VF-1D the most really and a VF-1J hikaru tv fp version. I hope those come out soon. I may not be able to hold out though.

The more I see this 1/60v.2 line the more I love it! CRAP!!!!

Do I spend my money on dating or save it for Valks?

Perfect! The only thing which bothers me is the unappealing back-pack thrusters. Other than that, this thing's a beauty!

Hopefully Yamato will release other pain schemes this time. I'm tired of getting the same old DYRL VF-1S/A with the same colors, over and over and over again. However I did miss out on the old 1/60 and 1/48 M&M valks. Looks like now will be the perfect time!

Edited by OmegaD3k

Whoa, that was quick, they already have a production sample of the Hikaru 1A. :o I bet the next one you'll see will be the Max 1A followed by Kakizaki's 1A completing the DRYL skull squadron.

After that, I'm betting either the first two seat variants will come out, or they'll have the T.V. valks out first.

-Kyp

I'm really wishing for a non-standard release schedule. I don't want to wait through the standard 1S's, 1J's, 1A's etc before they finally get to the 1D, the Ostrich, the Elintseeker and even Low-Vis. I wouldn't even mind if the next release was an Angelbirds.

I think the best solution would be to release two birds at a time - one standard and one specialty. So they could release a Hikaru 1A and the Ostrich, a Max 1J and a Low Viz, etc. Make us all happy. :D