1/60 perfect transforming vf-1 from yamato?

Shaggydog

So am I the only one not particularly impressed by these two gimmicks?

I really don't care one way or the other about the rainbow coating on the canopy. It doesn't bug me, but it doesn't get me excited at all. Same with the arm-mounting of the whole nose section. It's definitely not a feature I see myself using, and I actually worry if the integrity of the whole valk will be compromised (though I doubt it). But most importantly the black mounting clip is big and ugly. Maybe it would be cooler if it was transparent. Actually, there is one reason I'm excited about the arm/nosecone attachment: it hints at the release of the 1D.

Of course the new 1/60 doesn't need gimmicks for me to buy it. It's totally sweet anyway.

So now comes the weeks of waiting...damn, I can't wait to get this thing.

I'm with you on both points. My response to the canopy is "Oh, neat." but I'd be just as happy without it. And I also had the thought that the removable nose section might affect the overall integrity of the toy. I guess it all depends on how tightly it plugs in. If it's something that's going to come detached every time I transform it, I'll be very annoyed. Aside from that I don't ever see myself displaying it with another nose section connected to the arm. It was fun to see in the show but it's just that visually exciting enough for me to want to recreate with a toy.

Not complaining by the way, or even worrying. It's nice to see Yamato coming up with some different ideas for their third VF-1 toy.

Edited by eriku

I really don't care one way or the other about the rainbow coating on the canopy. It doesn't bug me, but it doesn't get me excited at all. Same with the arm-mounting of the whole nose section. It's definitely not a feature I see myself using, and I actually worry if the integrity of the whole valk will be compromised (though I doubt it). But most importantly the black mounting clip is big and ugly. Maybe it would be cooler if it was transparent. Actually, there is one reason I'm excited about the arm/nosecone attachment: it hints at the release of the 1D.

Of course the new 1/60 doesn't need gimmicks for me to buy it. It's totally sweet anyway.

I'm also there with you. If the rainbow canopy is official (and not a badly cast prototype), then I'd have to say that it looks like crap. While the DYRL VF's featured a HUD on the canopy, it was positioned only in the front portion of the canopy and didn't create an rainbow effect that enveloped the entire canopy.

And, as I said before, attaching the nosecone to the forearm is a neat gimmick, but nothing to get excited about. Unlike the double-jointed knees, which are a very useful and cool feature. B))

I am with you as well mate. I feel excited about the release of a 1D but could care less about the canopy and the arm mounted fuselage. I still can't wait for these bad boys to come out though. According to LOS' site...only 25 more days till they hit his store. :D

:ph34r:

Wow. I'm left speechless, but not in a good way. More in the likes of...is that it? WTF? I really anticipated more from Grahams comments.

<_<

If these are the so called "gimmicks" I'm sure as hell glad I'm only getting one. ;)

Let's me get more 1/48's

them bastids!

they're stealing NB4Ms designs!

If this were true, we'ld all be trully happy right about now. I've always stated my version has no removing parts and everything is integrated into the VF-1D and it's normal functions.

I'm really not fond of the lack luster attempts on this. The V.2 is more of a super model that looks great from 50 feet away, but when you get closer it's far from super and IS mediocre at best. :lol:

Edited by nightmareB4macross

Hey Graham, does this new 1/60 retain the integral heat shield from the 1/48 design? I don't think that question has ever been officially answered.

What do you mean by heat shield? I never noticed anything on my 1/48s can someone show me some pics?

Battroid mode looks skinnier than the old 1/60? Legs looks a bit skinnier compared to 1/48s or maybe its the angle of the shots.

New head sculpt. Yay for no more front seam!

Smaller chest looks great in battroid.

New sculpted hands

Irridescent coating - I love it. Just like those gold coated - anti-radar F16s!

Improved thruster sculpts - always love this design more than the fan jet type

Removable fusalage!

Better posability than 1/48

Pilot sculpt - more detailed than the VF-0, YF-19 pieces of painted booger. Even Hasegawa's 1/72 has more defined details.

Mega tampo printing!

Dislikes

Fighter proportions still looks off to me - Too used to seeing the perfect Hasegawa and 1/48 mode here. Perhaps a 2nd longer nosecose for fighter mode

Legs too skinny - don't know about this one

Wishes to be confirmed or dis-confirmed:

Super tight feel! Can't have any more of that VF-0 or YF-19 1.0 floppiness, especially if they scaled down a 1/48!

Rachet Joints! No need to explain why

Side parts - but I guess it will be included in the 1/60 2.0 GPB-1S kit

How about a RUB ON DECAL sheet instead of waterslides or stickers? It doesn't cost that much more and improves the dress up so much!

Edited by Neova

Haven't seen this mentioned.

Looks like the swing bar for the hips will be different on the 1/60. Doesn't look as if the underside of the fuselage opens up anymore.

Seems as if two "nubs" will lock into the holes. I'm guessing.

Graham, I have a couple of questions.

Firstly can we expect 1A and 1J next and within this year?

Secondly, will a future 1J be in a light grey plastic? I'm still rather upset my 1/48 1J yellowed... and is never in contact with any form of sun light...

Thanks and latero...

We have seen cad or lineart of a VF-1A head, so it could very well be a Hikaru 1A or hopefully Max 1A (DYRL? i guess)

I'm hoping it's the max DYRL? VF-1A, or we might even be lucky for a CF-1A (cannon fodder).

I doubt Graham can say anything (yamato gag order), we rely on our scoop masters or from magazines/hobby shows.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

We have seen cad or lineart of a VF-1A head, so it could very well be a Hikaru 1A or hopefully Max 1A (DYRL? i guess)

I'm hoping it's the max DYRL? VF-1A, or we might even be lucky for a CF-1A (cannon fodder).

I doubt Graham can say anything (yamato gag order), we rely on our scoop masters or from magazines/hobby shows.

Cool thanx... Yeah I understand...

Damn a 1A... ??? Not that I dislike it or anything, but I'm too much of a 1J Fanboy... :rolleyes:

So I searched the thread last night and couldn't find any confirmation from Graham that this new 1/60 has an integral heat shield. The question was asked multiple times, but he made no mention of the heat shield whatsoever. That's somewhat suspicious, and combined with the statement about the new 1/60 being designed from the start with two-seaters in mind, I wonder if an integral heat shield is simply not part of the design. Would make two-seaters easier.

Look closer. The heatshield slides out during transformation to battroid.

I saw that, but it means nothing. I mean, it shows lasers coming out of the strike cannon, but that doesn't mean it really shoots. The heat shield mechanism itself isn't shown, so it could just be "special effects".

I've never messed with a 1/48. Is there any mechanism for the heat shield like a hinge or swing arm, or does the heat shield just slide through some grooves?

I saw that, but it means nothing. I mean, it shows lasers coming out of the strike cannon, but that doesn't mean it really shoots. The heat shield mechanism itself isn't shown, so it could just be "special effects".

I've never messed with a 1/48. Is there any mechanism for the heat shield like a hinge or swing arm, or does the heat shield just slide through some grooves?

The heat shield has a peg on each of the rear corners. The pegs slide along grooves on the inside of the chest piece. Ever since one of those pegs broke on my 1S, rendering the heat shield useless, I've hated the design. I'm sad to hear it may be incorporated into the 1/60. Hopefully it'll be done better.

Cool, so there's really no visible mechanism. I still think the commercial is inconclusive. It does make it look like the heat shield is integral, but commercials are supposed to deceive us into thinking stuff we want to believe. You know, a post from Graham would clear this up right quick.

Cool, so there's really no visible mechanism. I still think the commercial is inconclusive. It does make it look like the heat shield is integral, but commercials are supposed to deceive us into thinking stuff we want to believe. You know, a post from Graham would clear this up right quick.

Not sure if they would take the time to show it in the commercial. You can only see it from underneath, when the chest is flipped up, if they had done this in the commercial, it would have ruined the "flow" of the commercial so to speak.

Its been labeled perfect transformation from the start, and the internal heat shield is not complex at all, so I'm sure its featured on the new 1/60. When Yamato was first touting their 1/48 way back in spring 2002, the internal heat shield was one of the biggest gimmicks it had, because no other VF-1 toy had it. Before then it was either a clip/screw on(1/55 Strike Hikaru), clip on like the HCM, or swap like the old 1/60 and 1/55 reissues.

Well it wouldn't be perfect transformation if the heat shield wasn't internal and had to be attached after transformation.
Wouldn't it be?

Seriously, I agree with you. In the strictest sense, PT requires an integral heat shield. But PT is really a marketing phrase, and it's been used plenty of times before when small attachments were still needed to complete transformation. Like, weren't the 1/55's always considered PT?

the internal heat shield is not complex at all, so I'm sure its featured on the new 1/60.
That's actually pretty comforting. I never knew it was just sliding in grooves, and now that I know, it does seem too simple to leave out. (I saw a more complex integral heat shield design in some hobby mag once, so I always thought it was complicated. )

I wonder what's so different about the new 1/60 that will make two-seaters possible.

Edited by danth

Well it wouldn't be perfect transformation if the heat shield wasn't internal and had to be attached after transformation.

-Kyp

Psssshhhhh......... <_< ..............you can't even call the 1/48 or the V.2 1/60 PT since you have to remove the intake covers for fighter mode.

:lol:

Wouldn't it be?

Seriously, I agree with you. In the strictest sense, PT requires an integral heat shield. But PT is really a marketing phrase, and it's been used plenty of times before when small attachments were still needed to complete transformation. Like, weren't the 1/55's always considered PT?

That's actually pretty comforting. I never knew it was just sliding in grooves, and now that I know, it does seem to simple to leave out. (I saw a more complex integral heat shield design in some hobby mag once, so I always thought it was complicated. )

I wonder what's so different about the new 1/60 that will make two-seaters possible.

The original 1/55s didn't have heatshields, clip on or otherwise, so they were PT... just not the best representation of the toy.

It's just me, don't worry. But yeah, still no post from Graham on the subject. And damn, VF5SS, that model is fugly.

I think it was already addressed that the heatshield is part of the 1/60 just like the 1/48.

And for 1/144 that model is very, very good.

Psssshhhhh......... <_< ..............you can't even call the 1/48 or the V.2 1/60 PT since you have to remove the intake covers for fighter mode.

:lol:

Yup, even Banpresto's 1/1??_ called their Valks "PT", :huh: but this 2.0 1/60 Vf-1s is far from PT since that pair of hands are included in the set.