1/60 perfect transforming vf-1 from yamato?

Shaggydog

I dunno guys.

I think the left side cover is slightly off. Line Art is at a 45.79924 degree angle on the adjustment plateau radius B - otherwise ther space fold hyper wear booster wouldn't have enough inertia to vector the throttle stabilizer planes.

Kawamorii has written only - what - seven tomes on this important aspect of the VF-1, and it was clearly evident in the special Malaysian edition of DYRL DVD "special engineering outtakes" (version 3.0, not to be confused with the Fugamori DVD release).

So basically, Yamato has screwed up AGAIN!

8)

VFTF1

I dunno guys.

I think the left side cover is slightly off. Line Art is at a 45.79924 degree angle on the adjustment plateau radius B - otherwise ther space fold hyper wear booster wouldn't have enough inertia to vector the throttle stabilizer planes.

Kawamorii has written only - what - seven tomes on this important aspect of the VF-1, and it was clearly evident in the special Malaysian edition of DYRL DVD "special engineering outtakes" (version 3.0, not to be confused with the Fugamori DVD release).

So basically, Yamato has screwed up AGAIN!

8)

VFTF1

Dammit man! Now that you've pointed that out all I can see is a pile of crap when I look at the 1/60. Back to the drawing board, Yamato. Maybe in five more years you'll be able to make a valk toy that doesn't look like such an abortion.

I couldn't make it through the day without sarcasm. :p

To be honest, no. Give us the durability/quality/quick transformation of Bandai with the detail/accuracy of sculpt of Yamato and then we will have the definitive VF-1 toy.

Don't forget the poseability of a Revo.

Maybe by the day we have all that Yamato will no longer hold the Macross licence, but I'm pretty sure we will see lots of VF-1's before that happens. And even if we had a perfect-in-every-way VF-1, as long as there is a market for them, the industry won't stop (self-transformig Valks with the push of a button anyone?).

At the end of the day it's us as individual collectors, who decide which one is the ultimate VF-1. There's people who love the chunkys to death and spend their time and money tracking down old Elintseekers on eBay or preordering rereleases. Some guys have stated clearly that they won't get the new 1/60's because they already have 1/48's. For them, those are the ultimate Valks (at least for now).

So if you're waiting for the entire toy industry to say: "We declare the Yamato 1/60 the Ultimate VF-1 toy because it is impossible to improve and so we have all decided to quit on the VF-1 for good", so you can buy the whole line knowing that you'll give your wallet a good rest afterwards, think again <_<

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

There's always things that can be improved. I won't be happy until some company builds a VF-1 with the articulation of a Revoltech, the sculpts of the Hasegawa models and a perfect transformation system that accomodates the least design compromises between the modes. Keep working I say.

For now, the New 1/60 scale VF-1 by Yamato is as good as I've ever seen it. It's got my vote :)

1/24 scale for sure. Good idea >EXO< .

Now I am liking the 1/48 better again. For a while I was really digging the new 1/60 v.2 for the battroid sculpt but those skinny legs are killing me. I like the beefier legs of the 1/48. Is it just me or does the v.2 1/60 look like he is wearing high heels?

I think, Yamato's 1/60 line is a "test" for a future PT VF-1s, ^_^

So, if they can sculpt an -almost- perfect Valk in 1/60, Imagine a 1/48 with such innovations.

Maybe, bigger and impressive non-removable articulated hands, non-removable air intakes, the rotating seat... is not impossible¡¡¡¡

For now, Yamato is very happy making money, selling a 1/60 valk at the price of a 1/48. B))

Is it just me or does the v.2 1/60 look like he is wearing high heels?

It's not just you..... :lol::lol::lol: ....high heels

:ph34r:

There's always things that can be improved. I won't be happy until some company builds a VF-1 with the articulation of a Revoltech, the sculpts of the Hasegawa models and a perfect transformation system that accomodates the least design compromises between the modes. Keep working I say.

For now, the New 1/60 scale VF-1 by Yamato is as good as I've ever seen it. It's got my vote :)

Don't forget about opening maintenance hatches with inner details and a rbbotic looking skeleton like on the PG kits. ^_^

And don't forget to include poseable Minmey, Hikaru, Misa, and others figures.

Also play setand dioramas ...

In all honesty - some nice low priced diaoramas to go with our high priced Valks would be nifty :)

VFTF1

For me the 1/55 is the bestest and most perfectest rendition of the VF-1. Everything else is just tasty, tasty gravy.

TRUE THAT!!!

:ph34r:

And yes I do think they might improve it, perhaps go back to 1/48 again but to accomodate 2 seaters. Just reshape the battroid mode so it doesn't have huge chest and the chicken hands. Plus include all the improvements seen in the 1/60 vf-1.

But 1/48 might get less regular release since it is expensive. You would have to be more picky about which one is your fave and go with it exlcuding non-fave stuff. Not enough space for many people.

Don't forget about opening maintenance hatches with inner details and a rbbotic looking skeleton like on the PG kits. ^_^

Why not? Hatches and control surfaces for everyone! :)

I say they keep developing. Yamato has done brilliant work creating a new brand of articulating, transformable Valkyrie. The 1/48 was awesome, the new 1/60 is even better. But I say they should keep going to see how far they can take it. More articulation, improved sculpts, fewer mode compromises, female swimsuit models...well, okay, I can live without an improved sculpt :)

The clicky joints for hips is going to be my main thing. If hasbro can do it why not yamato? It's going to be important once the toy gets a certain size that it needs them.

Balljoints are great for smaller toys but spend some money on research on better hip joints. The 1/100 monster has big-ass feet, and could do with clicky joint for spread stance, and forward and backwards movements of the leg. What they need is a joint that you pull the hip joint outwards and it extends, and then from that extension you can click outward/inward, and click back and forth. (the extending bit allows a little space between the inner thigh and crotchpiece of the robot to allow clearance)

Someone should send them a leader class hasbro transformer and say: "this is what good hips need to be. When GBP armor is added you are going to need stronger hips."

Bandai are going to kick your ass yamato. Listen to the critics to stay in business.

But having said all this I stand by my previous comments: yamato achieved what they set out to do with the 1/48. They made something that is accurate as a toy, but not delicate like a model which you can't transform. It sits between those two. Adults shouldn't really be playing with the toy, afterall. It should be strong enough to be transformed without risk of breaking stuff however. But there are going to be long term problems with joints as they wear out. So make them clicky. 1/60 Qrau needed something like that.

Oh and lock the chest pieces of future yf-19. :p

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I'm against locking the chest piece of the YF-19.

I'm against locking any thing because it will wear and snap eventually and that will really suck.

Yamato products are not made to battle your Hasbro Optimus Prime on the carpet but to be high quality accurate representations of complex real robot mecha.

Someone should send them a leader class hasbro transformer

I think that would only prompt them to laugh.

Bandai will never "beat" Yamato in the VF-1 realm. Yamato has won that battle.

Yamato is the first ever company to develop perfect Transformation. Bandai didn't even try.

Bandai will - I hope - to a great job with the VF-25; and perhaps they will use some things which Yamato doesn't and Yamato can learn from it.

But let's give credit where credit is due: the perfect Transformation Valkyrie was the result of Yamato's efforts.

VFTF1

I'm against locking any thing because it will wear and snap eventually and that will really suck.

Ok then: design a way to lock them without causing wear. Very powerful magnets? I dunno that's their job and why they should research better ways of doing things.

Things like poseability and stuff can come later, but first work on click joints so the hips can support weight, (for gbp and back-heavy mecha) and find a way to have more locking in general. Use diecast and more flexible plastic if you must just like with the swingbar. Have a little panel that opens somewhere on the chest and reveals a tiny button that releases a spring mechanism to unlock the locking mechanism. (like the projectile gimmick on the guns on transformers? :D) To unlock: Just hold it down to bend the flexi-plastic latch releasing the lock so the protruding bit isn't inside a hole, and while doing that: lifting the chest up....Anything.

how about those small locking thingamajigs that BanDai & TakaraTomy have been using for ages?

and as i understand, POM is wear-resistant & can be molded in the appropriate color,

so those locking things should look decent and last forever.

they used them on the 1/48's leg FP's, so why not use them more often?

Exactly. I was impressed by the garland's magnets though. So maybe graham can ask them do find something involving that? All I know is that it isn't the hardest thing to fix. This is the same company that made the landing gear mechanism work so nicely for the 1/60 yf-21. Seems a little odd they would overlook something like this imo.

Study other toys and find out how they did it and clone the idea.

Yamato is the first ever company to develop perfect Transformation. Bandai didn't even try.

No they didn't.

No, there are several locking joints on several other toys from several other toylines from several different companies that do not wear down.

Bandai will never "beat" Yamato in the VF-1 realm. Yamato has won that battle.

They can, they might not bother because the market is saturated with VF-1s because of yamato.

But let's give credit where credit is due: the perfect Transformation Valkyrie was the result of Yamato's efforts.

Takatoku

Yamato products are not made to battle your Hasbro Optimus Prime on the carpet but to be high quality accurate representations of complex real robot mecha.

Yes but theres that line that is crossed, whether you are buying something that should stand the test of time, or is so damn fragile that its no different than a SHE kit. Regardless of how great something is, if it was just meant to look good and never be transformed, or barely transformed, we would all be better of with parts forming transformable toys that are only displayed and rarely handled. Then there is the question, are we really buying toys, or movable statues? Perfect transformation is worthless without durability. Durability is an aspect of quality.

I think that would only prompt them to laugh.

At the fact that there own toys which costs up to 4x more if not higher have a higher breakage rate?

Really by what some of you say, most of you should be content with the IHP VF-1 kitbashes of the 1/72 Hasegawa kits. Most accurate variable VF-1 out there and not meant to be played with as a toy.

I would say that one of the best things that yamato valks have going for them is beautiful sculpt.

Thats almost always been the case since they first emerged on the scene. One can say the 1/72 YF-19 was ugly as sin, but when compared to the Bandai DX Fire Valkyrie..which was one of the only other VF-19 designs out there, the Yamato looked like a god send at the time.

A beautiful sculpt is only one important aspect of a toy though, a modern toy that is aimed at collectors. Durability and being able to handle/transform/play with a toy makes it different than a model kit. For example the new 1/60 looks great. Its said to hold together tighter in fighter mode than the 1/48. Thats a big improvement...as the 1/48 in fighter mode was plenty tight to begin with. Now the big appeal to the new 1/60 is perfect transformation. Perfect transformation, is transformation without necessary parts removal. For example the 1/55 didn't need to have the heat shield swapped out to transform, it was merely an option. Perfect transformation usually seperates model kits from toys. Collectors that want a perfect transformation toy want something they can transform without needing to keep track of a ton of parts that may inevitably get lost. Model kit builders are used to swap transformation since they usually keep the model on display, casually handle them, and don't subject their kits to much playing, as a model kit is primarily for display. Durability is important, and its been shown that durability does not need to be compromised for more accuracy and detail. Its especially important with perfect transforming toys, as the toy itself and its internal mechanisms have to stand up to the transformations. Even if you casually handle your toys, you don't want one breaking on you unintentionally. Would you honestly tell yourself, "oh, well..maybe I should have just left it on display,

yea like a model-ki-....oh...but wait it isn't a mo-....but wait then wtf is it really then?".

Yes its obvious collectors toys tend to be more fragile to the touch than toys aimed at kids, yet more durability is not a bad thing. Why were people gaping mouths open at SOC Baikanfu, Gunbuster and others? Its due to the durability. If the new 1/60 ends being more durable than the 1/55 my head will explode.