1/60 perfect transforming vf-1 from yamato?

Shaggydog

??? I've heard Yamato sell the VF-1s and Fastpack separetly ???

One package with VF and one package with the strike ???

Is it true ?

I believe so. Non FP versions are to follow.

Aw crap, what if the non FP version has all the fixes we'll demand after fiddling with our FP versions for a month or so? Then we'll have to buy both! CURSE YOU YAMATO!!! I SEE WHAT YOU'RE DOING HERE!!!!!

Uh, sorry, way too much coffee.

Aw crap, what if the non FP version has all the fixes we'll demand after fiddling with our FP versions for a month or so? Then we'll have to buy both! CURSE YOU YAMATO!!! I SEE WHAT YOU'RE DOING HERE!!!!!

Uh, sorry, way too much coffee.

At least it'd be a nice reverse of the usual process of "you bought the original one, now we have a fixed version but it comes with extra stuff and costs $50 more" :lol:

hmmmmm....I'll wait for reviews too see if it will be as tight as a virgin, after the VF-0S and YF-19 mess... I'm not playing any chances

I really want this, I'm a scale freak

After the VF-0S and YF-19 came the Ivanov SV-51 which was nearly free of QC issues and the Nora SV-51 and CF SV-51 which were completely free of QC issues. I feel confident that, after hiring a new QC manager, Yamato has got their game together a lot better than they did a year ago.

Please Yamato, don't let me down! :ph34r:

I just pre-orderd mine with VALKYRIE-EXCHANGE.com, $133.20 with shipping insurance is about as good as it's gonna get. I didn't want to pay more than $125, but I think the improvements over the 1/48 are worth it if this thing is everything that Graham says it is.

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

After the VF-0S and YF-19 came the Ivanov SV-51 which was nearly free of QC issues

Ivanov had the missiles that didn't attach well to the hardpoints (much like the 1/48 Reflex missiles that were so loose they would shift if you leaned the valk and pop off if you even thought of transforming it). The biggest problem with Ivanov had to be the number of people that got the wrong wing hinge. All the SV-51s that came out after him have the fixes (Nora, CF) so they don't really fit in the discussion. That all said, the SV-51 was a definite step in the right direction for Yamato getting over their first release jitters. After the disaster which was the VF-0 though I don't think anyone could ever be faulted for saying "Nah, you know what, I think I'll wait for a second release."

DAMN @ all the tampo printing on the fighter itself!!! :o You can look at it and tell this isn't the painted resin prototype we've been seeing. Also, note that other than the "UN SPACY" on the leg fast packs no other part of the fast packs have any markings.

AWESOME!!!!

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

And the fingers all move individually....finally, we can make our battroids give the "one-fingered salute", lol. :p

-Kyp

I'm not sure, i thought those were removable non poseable fingies shown there, besides one pic, the left hand looks like poseable fingers.

Ahh, the gun hand isn't finger poseable, just the other.

:edit: no, there are 3 types shown. Only one (left hand) is poseable/moveable.

Also no side covers again, looks like it's up to our recasters to do this for us.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Looking good.

Just two things that left me thinking WTF?

1. The large tab under the fast (see the GERWALK pic)

2. The little locking tab on the back pack is now present. I had thought this was removed?

The knees on the other hand are very Revoltech. I like it!! :lol:

Edited by nightmareB4macross

Why does the heatshield look like it's floating above the canopy (in battroid mode)? Is that the way it's supposed to be? Or is it just an odd camera angle?

Looks good nonetheless.

Edited by Vifam7

Why does the heatshield look like it's floating above the canopy (in battroid mode)? Is that the way it's supposed to be? Or is it just an odd camera angle?

Looks good nonetheless.

the chest isn't locked down all the way, no worries.

UN Spacy & Danth,

OMFG!!! THANK YOU SOOOOOOOO MUCH for the pics!!! This valk looks to be nothing short of absolutly fu(king AMAZING!!! I am VERY VERY VERY PLEASED!

:ph34r:

Preordered! (from Valkyrie Exchange)

I personally think it looks better than the 1/48.

I absolutely couldn't agree with you more. I knew this was gonna be the nail in the old 1/60 lines market value coffin. And it's looking that way more and more...this could even hurt the 1/48 line too, although there will always be people who are fans of the 1/48.

-Kyp