1/60 perfect transforming vf-1 from yamato?

Shaggydog

FYI, you're not suppose to take too much. They make your gunpod small. And jam your firing. You seem to be too happy for a normal person, better stay away from them. Just a friendly advice.

Oh yeah.....I DEFINETLY do not need them! :lol::lol::lol::D

:ph34r:

Damn you people and your posts. Where are all the new pics?

Another question: Does anyone think this toy is gonna come with 2 different nosecone tips? Like a longer and shorter one? I think that would be awesome.

I think Beware of Blast is posting in these threads because he wants high quality Valkyrie rather than break-when-you-look-at-me-wrong Valkyrie. I respect that and agree with it.

I'm not making excuses for Yamato - just trying to understand.

Far as I can tell - the answer to why the problems keep happening is this:

They are going something tremendously difficult and expensive for a niche market that all in all is very small and given the high price of their product is unlikely to ever expand vastly.

Ergo - to be blunt - I doubt they huge profit margins and wonder if they even have much of a profit margin - and if so - I wager that they re-invest it.

Their only hope is to so perfect this stuff that price comes down, quality increases and demand for high end Macross products remains constant (not even saying it has to go up - but at least that it won't drop).

Hopefully they will eventually get things on the right track. Besides - if it were just a matter of qc or using better plastic or something really simple, then some other company would have long ago given us better quality Valkyrie than yamato... I dunno...

just speculating is all :)

VFTF1

Another question: Does anyone think this toy is gonna come with 2 different nosecone tips? Like a longer and shorter one? I think that would be awesome.

I'd think not, if you look at the side-view curvature of the nose area behind the radome, there's really no way to accomodate a longer radome without looking discontinuous.

Honestly, the more I stare at the fighter mode, the nose really isn't THAT much shorter proportionally than the 1/48. It's the bigger re-shaped intakes that give the overall illusion of shortness/stubbiness. It's the price we pay to eliminate the low-hanging shoulder syndrome, I guess.

Edited by ghostryder

:lol::lol::lol:

About the tip....that is a cool idea. I don't think that it will though because they made it stubier already so that it would'nt hang below the knees.

im with you on this

I'd think not, if you look at the side-view curvature of the nose area behind the radome, there's really no way to accomodate a longer radome without looking discontinuous.
I know exactly what you mean, but is the area behind the radome really curved? It looks like it's fairly straight to me. Based on what I've seen, I think it's still possible, but perhaps your eye is keener than mine.

This is the valkyrie toy I've been waiting for, though. It looks perfect to me. Now all I need is a 1/60 VF-11 and VF-4 and I'll be done.

I know exactly what you mean, but is the area behind the radome really curved? It looks like it's fairly straight to me. Based on what I've seen, I think it's still possible, but perhaps your eye is keener than mine.

This is the valkyrie toy I've been waiting for, though. It looks perfect to me. Now all I need is a 1/60 VF-11 and VF-4 and I'll be done.

If I remember right, there is no removable nose cone, it's fixed like the flaps are.

-Kyp

Honestly, the more I stare at the fighter mode, the nose really isn't THAT much shorter proportionally than the 1/48. It's the bigger re-shaped intakes that give the overall illusion of shortness/stubbiness.

You might be right about the illusion. But I'm more inclined to think that it's not the reshaped intakes that give the short stubbiness look but rather the reshaped canopy. The canopy looks a bit bigger this time around with a more pronounced bubble.

Looks a bit like the DYRL lineart look than the TV lineart look.

Edited by Vifam7

The nose option idea is fantastic. It caters to both lovers of the fighter and battroid. And best of all, it's workable - only Yamato needs to make it work.

post-176-1211261664_thumb.jpg

Yay, you nailed it! Exactly what I had in mind. Nice work.

The single seater seat position wouldn't seem so cramped either with a longer nosecone.

I nominate our legendary recasters to fix this problem for us! :D NMB4M and SILVERDRAGON!

I wonder just how many people are gonna be brave enough to chop off the nose cones on their new 1/60's to put a longer one on? :wacko:

-Kyp

I wonder just how many people are gonna be brave enough to chop off the nose cones on their new 1/60's to put a longer one on? :wacko:

-Kyp

Not me. I welcome the stubby. :mellow:

I wonder just how many people are gonna be brave enough to chop off the nose cones on their new 1/60's to put a longer one on?

If we're just talking about the tip, it's a separate piece. So you'd just need a screw driver, right? I was hoping Yamato would make it so the nose cone snaps in and out, and then they could just include a long and short version.

My good friend in tokyo got me this. He will be sending it to me soon.

Yamato magazine...

Cooooooooollllllio! I want one. Do you have a scanner that you will be able to get us some pics out of there? Unless we already have them of course.

Cooooooooollllllio! I want one. Do you have a scanner that you will be able to get us some pics out of there? Unless we already have them of course.

I do not have a scanner but it would be a good service to the community to post the pages up here. If they are not already somewhere up here then I will maybe take it down to Kinkos or something.

I do not have a scanner but it would be a good service to the community to post the pages up here. If they are not already somewhere up here then I will maybe take it down to Kinkos or something.

Right on. Although now that I am thinking about it. There may be pics posted already. Anyone know?

Those little plastic dealies that hide the gap between the chest and the back I think. Didn't they come with the GBP set or something?

That's correct.

I just hope they don't 'cut' the nose on the VT-1 like they did with the old 1/60. I don't know why they did that in the first place. the nose of the VT-1 looks exactly like the other valks noses in the animation. As for the lineart I admit it looks more rounded but I think it's because most of the lineart are rough sketches.

I want that mag too! Where can we get one?? Graham please tell Yamato to release this mag to retailers like hlj.com, i toy'd with the idea of buying hobby mags but i'm like only buying them for 3 to 4 pages. >_<

Just looking at the YF-21 spread... WOW.

B T W you can see a good pic of the legs and arms detached for De-Limiter mode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie