1/60 perfect transforming vf-1 from yamato?

Shaggydog

So delimiter mode is possible......... woo/ :ph34r: . As for the VF-1 with different nosecones.....somehow I doubt Yamato will have enough foresight to see that not everyone will like their design choice, meaning we get what we see and nothing else.

My good friend in tokyo got me this. He will be sending it to me soon.

Yamato magazine...

I've had that since Wonder Fest, I really should get around to scanning it.

And guys, when you actually see the 1/60 VF-1 with your own eyes and hold it in your hands, the nose cone doesn't seem stubby at all.

IMO, it's really well proportioned in all three modes.

Battroid especially is a huge improvement over the 1/60.

Graham

Is it more durable than the 1/48? Its great to hear the battroid mode is better than the 1/60, that actually surprises me, as battroid mode on the old 1/60 was better than the 1/48.

Same here, the only VF-1 toy to really nail that quality before was the Takatoku 1/55 VF-1. Sure the 1/60 and 1/48 looked better in certain modes, but they weren't balanced in each one like the 1/55. Looks like the new 1/60 finally managed to do what those two could not.

And guys, when you actually see the 1/60 VF-1 with your own eyes and hold it in your hands, the nose cone doesn't seem stubby at all.

I've never thought it was too stubby to be honest, its just that most 1/48 fans are used to its unique nose. It looks better on the 1/48, but its no deal breaker for me, the nose may look better but altogether the new 1/60 looks better than the 1/48.

the new 1:60 vf1, will never beat the 1:48, the time will be the judge, trust me on this im a designer and i see a lot of design mistakes on this vf, probably is going to be more thight but that is for sure with all this years of expirience, yamato doesnt have any exuses for this.............

I just hope they don't 'cut' the nose on the VT-1 like they did with the old 1/60. I don't know why they did that in the first place. the nose of the VT-1 looks exactly like the other valks noses in the animation. As for the lineart I admit it looks more rounded but I think it's because most of the lineart are rough sketches.

The original Bandai 1/55 VT-1 Super-O had a much more rounded/snub nose than their other 1/55s. I'm not sure about the line art either, but at that point, it may have just become "tradition."

Graham

That would be cool if you did scan it and post it. I have been informed that there is going to be 4 or these mags per year. Maybe once you scan you could post in a new thread and when each mag comes out the scans could all go into that one thread? Just a thought.

Graham

Can't wait Graham especially for some comparison pics. So you started typing up your review yet?

the new 1:60 vf1, will never beat the 1:48, the time will be the judge, trust me on this im a designer and i see a lot of design mistakes on this vf, probably is going to be more thight but that is for sure with all this years of expirience, yamato doesnt have any exuses for this.............

Oh please. You're just mad that something that might be better than your beloved 1/48 is coming out. The 1/48 had more design mistakes, look at them skinny arms in battroid mode, that huge chest, a seam down the middle of the 1S head, arms hanging low in fighter mode, a long nose in battroid mode, and chicken hands, plus swappable hands not available til later on. The 1/60 has none of those faults.

The upcoming 1/60 VF-1 is not perfect, nothing man-made is. There's a couple of small things I don't like about it, but nothing major.

From my experience so far, I find it a huge improvement over the 1/48 in terms of both looks and function.

And yes, I'm a huge 1/48 fan, but when the 1/60 comes out, my 1/48s will be retired to storage.

Graham

There's a couple of small things I don't like about it, but nothing major.

Graham

And what may these small things be?!? Comonnnnnn PLEASE do tell.

:ph34r:

thank you eugimon, you just said what i was thinking,,,,,,hereticccc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:48 forevaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!1

No Moveable wing flaps

This is actually what I am wanting. I hate the moveable wing flaps. <_<

:ph34r:

I'm still a big fan of the original 1/60. Yeah, it's floppy... yeah it's 1S head scuplt isn't that hot (though I prefer it to the 1/48 due to the placement of the seam, if nothing else), but this new one looks perfect. I'll get at least 2 or 3 CF if they're the proper brown color. I'd get the same number of Low-Viz if they do them.

I see the main fast packs are given plastic nubs instead of metal ones like on the 1/48 scale. Good or bad only time will tell.

Yamato = Not a fan of history channel

given that the nacelles have a completely different mounting system compared to the 1/48 FAST packs I'd say they've taken steps to address some of the QQing.

given that the nacelles have a completely different mounting system compared to the 1/48 FAST packs I'd say they've taken steps to address some of the QQing.

QQing? There weren't any QQing on breakages, just QQing on the tightness of the connectors. That's about the only thing I liked in what Yamato did for the fastpacks - metal parts on areas that matter. What's there to QQ about metal parts?

Edited by Beware of Blast