1/60 perfect transforming vf-1 from yamato?

Shaggydog

Stand or no stand, fast pack or not it still doesnt justify almost a 100% price increase.

(and the prices I'm mentioning are not the dirt cheap prices everyone is selling their old 1/60's now but the prices they were before. I bought my fast pack 1/60 vf-1j's for $75 + shipping back in the day.)

Risen prices of oil (for plastic), inflation (and whatever people list as factors yamato has no control over) still doesn't justify it...

and I'm surprised they're raising prices even though they know they'd have to convince many people who bought their whole line of 1/48's already to buy another vf-1 series...

I'm sorely disappointed. :(

Speculation... request, demand. :wacko:

None of the items listed are verified to be included with the new 1/60.

Just trying to figure out the higher price other than the poor dollar to yen exchange rate.

A stand should be a good guess since they were included with the SV-51 but not seeing much "value added" to this new release.

Let's see:

1/48 Super Valkyrie would cost:

HLJ = ~$200usd

Toy-wave = ~$180usd

BBTS = $200usd

LOS = 1/48 1S($155) + Super/Strike parts(70) =~$225

New 1/60 Super Valkryie would cost:

HLJ = NA(no info)

Toy-wave = NA(no info)

BBTS = $155

LOS = $138.95

Hobby Search = $120

Over Drive Inc = $112.99

So averaging out a Super Valkyrie for 1/48(2 american and 2 japanese stores) = $201.

Averaging outa Super Valkyrie for 1/60(2 american and 2 japanese stores) = $136.

Huh. Still getting a new 1/60.

Someone famous once said, "It's all relative." ;) That being stated, I'll quote the above while wondering what all the price complaints are about. "Worth it" is certainly a subjective judgment call, but I don't feel gouged by the asking price for this particular Super/Strike VF-1 offering.

At least a couple of Macross World members I have good rapport with will want to throw rocks at me for this statement, but I am glad (perhaps even grateful) not to have speculation threads about the end-of-the-line for Macross toys production as we've had in the past. Will I pay any price for Macross toys that I like? The answer is certainly no.

Let's see:

1/48 Super Valkyrie would cost:

HLJ = ~$200usd

Toy-wave = ~$180usd

BBTS = $200usd

LOS = 1/48 1S($155) + Super/Strike parts(70) =~$225

New 1/60 Super Valkryie would cost:

HLJ = NA(no info)

Toy-wave = NA(no info)

BBTS = $155

LOS = $138.95

Hobby Search = $120

Over Drive Inc = $112.99

So averaging out a Super Valkyrie for 1/48(2 american and 2 japanese stores) = $201.

Averaging outa Super Valkyrie for 1/60(2 american and 2 japanese stores) = $136.

Huh. Still getting a new 1/60.

Good ol' way to see things clearer, put it all out on the table! :D

Softens the blow a bit relative to prices now...

but.... it's still slightly misleading.

The 1/48 Supers have inflated in price for a good two years now.

When they were first out I bought a vf-1j for $165.99 before shipping costs were applied.

135 to 165 difference is like the BMW 1 series to the 3 series.

I still believe if yamato wants to make this series a success like that of the 1/48's or somewhat close to it, they'll have to come down a bit. Here's to hoping there are more stores selling for the 112.99 price point. I'll buy them at that price. No way in Hell for 135+.

Why are the prices high? Because it's yamato and they know people will pay it.

Yea obviously, and that's why no matter how good they (yamato) get, they'll have a thorn jaming into my side.

It seems nowadays they raise price with each new release....

They increase the temperature just enough as we frogs sit in the water wondering if "is it just me or is it getting hot in here?"

They might just end up killing the whole hobby in the end. I mean, we're bound to wake up one day and realize how much we can buy with 135-235 dollars... and that we're spending that much for something that'll sit on some display for most of us...

Huh... :mellow:

Shame that they didn't transfer the knee designs of the 0 and 19 over to this new VF-1.

Why the HELL doesn't it have the knee double-jointed knees of the last few releases? This was like, the time for the VF-1 GERWALK mode to shine, and they missed it...

So is it officially confirmed that this lacks the double-jointed knee? This just might be the deciding factor for me...

Good ol' way to see things clearer, put it all out on the table! :D

Softens the blow a bit relative to prices now...

but.... it's still slightly misleading.

The 1/48 Supers have inflated in price for a good two years now.

When they were first out I bought a vf-1j for $165.99 before shipping costs were applied.

135 to 165 difference is like the BMW 1 series to the 3 series.

I still believe if yamato wants to make this series a success like that of the 1/48's or somewhat close to it, they'll have to come down a bit. Here's to hoping there are more stores selling for the 112.99 price point. I'll buy them at that price. No way in Hell for 135+.

What misleading? These are the current market prices of the toys. You can't go to sellers and say, "I want that for $165 because that's what it used to cost". If we could we'd all go to car dealers and demand they sell us a Rolls for what they cost back in the 60's. If you want to compare previous prices then the 1/48 Super at $165 should be compared to the old 1/60 Super at $100(HLJ). $65 difference then, still $65 difference now.

USD tanking versus the Yen.

Oil prices skyrocketing.

Cats and Dogs living together.

It all adds up. Would I prefer the lower original pricing? Absolutely! Do I think it's currently priced unfairly? No but I'm waiting on Graham to review one for us.

The link's somewhere in this thread.

Thank you Dangard Ace. I just searched and I still can not find a link for the site.

Anyway if any of you have one please post it here.

And just as important... Has anyone done business with them? Are they a good reliable vendor?

Thanks.

You are right it is or was somewhere because now I recognize it after it has been posted again. Sorry for my inability to discover.

Sorry!?? An inability to discover demands seppuku as atonement!! :p

Preorder it now, wait for a lower price, wait for the reviews, wait for the 2nd run, wait to see if the yen or the dollar fall more against the euro, forget about it and rejoin the real world... so many possibilities :wacko:

What misleading? These are the current market prices of the toys. You can't go to sellers and say, "I want that for $165 because that's what it used to cost". If we could we'd all go to car dealers and demand they sell us a Rolls for what they cost back in the 60's. If you want to compare previous prices then the 1/48 Super at $165 should be compared to the old 1/60 Super at $100(HLJ). $65 difference then, still $65 difference now.

USD tanking versus the Yen.

Oil prices skyrocketing.

Cats and Dogs living together.

It all adds up. Would I prefer the lower original pricing? Absolutely! Do I think it's currently priced unfairly? No but I'm waiting on Graham to review one for us.

$65 difference then $65 difference now. Good point!

And yea, after you laying everything across the table, it doesn't look half as bad as it did intially...

I think the big question for myself personally now is that are these things worth it ($$)? They dont seem to look like they're going to go down in price...

I guess the whole experience with toys from japan have gone the way I feel about their food (sushi)... Bloody expensive for what you get, overrated and in the end leaves me unsatisfied...

huh.... :mellow: ... I'm gonna go think about this....

You can't go to sellers and say, "I want that for $165 because that's what it used to cost". If we could we'd all go to car dealers and demand they sell us a Rolls for what they cost back in the 60's.

Heh, even at 60's prices I still wouldn't be able to afford a 'Rolls...

Hey, so it's $112 with FAST packs? That's not so bad. I recall hearing over a hundred bucks some time ago, and remember thinking if that's without FAST packs, no deal. I'll probably wait until I hear what others have to say about it, though. The only real reason for me to pick one up is to have a nicer 1/60 VF-1 to place next to my 1/60 Plus, Zero, and eventually Frontier toys. Also the 1/60 destroids.

Then again, I never did go all out on the old 1/60 VF-1 toys. Just a VF-1A Max, an Elintseeker, and a Super Ostrich. Always thought the hip bulges looked worse than swing bars, and certainly weren't a good trade off for "perfect" transformation. So if they do release a ton of variants, I might actually go for that, so long as there aren't any glaring problems not obvious from photos.

Wow, that's the best price yet. How much would shipping be to the US, I wonder?? And is he a reliable seller?

I wouldn't. He's on the Blacklist

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?show...t=0&start=0

BUT, there are members here who have had recent good transactions with him. I guess it's just hit or miss with this guy.

I'm sticking with LOS. A little more, but great customer service, and it comes with a BOX. ^_^

peace of mind FTW B))

I've personally never had a problem when ordering from Toy-Wave and I've ordered from him for years. I also ordered after the BL nomination to test whether his service has gone down. I found it was the same as before.

So...I pre-ordered from him for the new 1/60. :D

I'll probably pick a few of these up. BBTS can sometimes charge a bit more, but Joel is a stand up guy and I've been doing business with him for years. I imagine when I get around to ordering it'll be from him. Their service is really top notch in my book.

I would like to try out Toy-Wave based on what Dangard Ace has said but this time I am going with LOS for he is the BOMB!!! Plus...is Toy-Wave not located in the US? Cause if they are not...it would be the about same amount to order it from LOS.

:ph34r:

Complete transformation VF-1 renewal by 1/60 scales.  The transformation gimmick of the astonishment achieved with 1/48VF-1 is evolved further, and a further verification is done repeatedly, and an ultimate VF-1 series with a complete, new design and a new metal mold appears in the ratio and the detail. The first is "VF-1S Roy Fokker machine" to boast of high popularity in "Yamato macro sushi Leeds". Moreover, it becomes a special set with the strike parts. Please expect it of "Yamato macro sushi Leeds" that faces new development in the summer (June)2008.

"Yamato macro sushi Leeds"? WTH are they talking about?

Edited by Vegas Valkyrie