1/60 perfect transforming vf-1 from yamato?

Shaggydog

It looks fantastic, but one small thing that's bugged me about the 1/48, and this new 1/60, is how close the pilot sits to the front of the cockpit. The pilot should sit in the middle. With all that empty space in the rear you'd think Yamato would put a second seat in there. ;)

Props to Mr. March's Macross Mecha Manual for the image.

I whole heartedly agree. I think the positioning of the pilot is horrible and contributes to the stubby nose effect also. If I was a VF-1 fan I'd definitely be irked.

Edited by Vic Mancini

I whole heartedly agree. I think the positioning of the pilot is horrible and contributes to the stubby nose effect also. If I was a VF-1 fan I'd definitely be irked.

If that's how they figured out to make the two seater - by ruining the proportions on the one seaters- color me unimpressed.

It does look good in battroid though with the stubbier nose.

After looking at the photos of this 1/60 model, I agree the pilot is too close to the front. It looks like Yamato got lazy here thinking they can do a single seater and VF-1D with the same front seat molding. If they had gone all this way to create a new 1/60, they should have gone the extra step for the right cockpit seat pitch distance.

I will probably skip the single seater and just pickup a VF-1D when they come out.

This actually isn't that wonderful looking in fighter mode, must be more centered around battroid this time around. Oh well, at least we all have the 1/48's to fall back on. I'll still be a yamato stooge though and buy one of these, but only if the make a Max 1S or a TV VF-1S (which we all know will never happen, why yamato hates the tv 1S I'll never get).

its pretty.. just not pretty enough.

by the way NMB4M... did i miss something to do with your avatar? the sudden lack of valks in your little hangar display!?!?

Trying to tell us something? Update imminant? :ph34r:

:ph34r: hmmm... :ph34r: depends... :ph34r: on what? :ph34r: we'll see. :ph34r:

when i click on online shop on the yamato site it says 5/31/08. is this when it will be released?

Apparently that's the pre-order deadline. Still, it looks like it'll be released sooner than expected.

Maybe they moved the date to release it before the re-re-release of Bandai's VF-1S??

The one thing that I don't like about the FAST packs is that its held on by a slider that goes under the back tail section, then you have tabs to "snap" it into position and keep it stable. You can barely see it in the accessories picture, but you can deffinately see it in the Wonderfest pics.

Kinda reminds me of a reversed "old skool" backpack that the chunkies had.

Abit of info regarding to the prices for 1/60 vf-1

2002 version cost: 9,800 Yen ($95.68) w/o shipping (From HLJ price list)

2008 version cost: 12,800 Yen/ $125.08 USD ($118.80 w/ hobby search discount or $112.99 w/ overdrive discount)

This does not include shipping price of $20-$30

Even though I like this version I might as well wait until the price drops a little down to buy them :(

Edited by jet660

You know what would be a brilliant and super-easy way to please everyone regarding the nose-cone? Include two nose-cone tips. A long one and a stubbier one. I mean, it's a separate piece anyway. It might take a screwdiver to replace, or they could make it snap in and out.

I'm wondering if they actually are doing this already. Think about it, the last one was removeable. How big of a step would it be to include two? Also, I swear the nosecone was longer in some previous pics. And if Yamato doesn't include a longer tip, I'm sure one of us will create one.

Hobbysearch are a bunch of thieves. They screwed me over on a Q-rau. Sent to the wrong address and returned. They wouldn't send it to me, they wouldn't refund me, they wouldn't even answer my emails.

Is it only me or the new battroid mode looks beheaded first then stitched again??

It should be like:

:huh: Ummm.....What?

:ph34r:

Big Bad Toy Store just made the 1S available for preorder for:

$154.99

the price is kinda crazy to think about considering some of the 1/48's they have in stock still are only 10 bucks more, but that's without Fast Packs. 1/48's they have in stock with Fast Packs are about $200, so...

Edited by chowyunskinny

Is it only me or the new battroid mode looks beheaded first then stitched again??

It should be like:

34397526kc0.jpg

I think I know what you are talking about. Yeah maybe if hey molded that part in white it would look better.