1/60 perfect transforming vf-1 from yamato?

Shaggydog

A quick search of Ebay and you can buy two of the old but still new 1/60 VF-1's for less than the price of one new VF-1S. :huh:

Already having the VT-1, VE-1, VF-1S Strike, and TRU VF-1A I cannot see getting these unless there is some strange math and the new 1/60 is larger than the older ones.

With the dollar in the tank compared to the yen collecting toys is not as fun as it was.

Either the price of the new release will drop or prices for the old ones on ebay will increase but based on materials I can not see how plastic is more expensive than metal.

Well, there is one I would get... a Max VF-1S.

A quick search of Ebay and you can buy two of the old but still new 1/60 VF-1's for less than the price of one new VF-1S. :huh:

Already having the VT-1, VE-1, VF-1S Strike, and TRU VF-1A I cannot see getting these unless there is some strange math and the new 1/60 is larger than the older ones.

With the dollar in the tank compared to the yen collecting toys is not as fun as it was.

Either the price of the new release will drop or prices for the old ones on ebay will increase but based on materials I can not see how plastic is more expensive than metal.

Well, there is one I would get... a Max VF-1S.

Well, considering oil costs four times as much today as it did in the year 2000 (average price per: http://www.cnie.org/nle/crsreports/energy/eng-73.pdf) I don't think you should discount the effect that's having on plastic toys so easily.

NMB4M, i'll be waiting & hoping for your custom 1/60 retracting seat for my single seater new 1/60. :D

Atleast then we can slide the seats back! Not this granny seating method yamato lazingly pushed onto us. *sigh*

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Well, considering oil costs four times as much today as it did in the year 2000 (average price per: http://www.cnie.org/nle/crsreports/energy/eng-73.pdf) I don't think you should discount the effect that's having on plastic toys so easily.

Strangely enough I find myself agreeing with eugimon for a change. Strange feeling. Going to kill that feeling off with some C&C3 right now.

I don't do international stuff but does every nation buy barrels of oil in US dollars? If not it's probably misleading to say the cost of oil has increased 4x. It has increased 4x in the US but we're (generally) not making toys here. Now, it might have also gone up 4x against the Chinese currency but I would guess the Yuan hasn't nosedived quite like the USD even if they do share some relation. I can't download the file to see if this was addressed. Still, oil costs more... but I think there's some obvious other reasons why this toy should cost more than the first. It's clearly better designed and comes with strike parts... plus Yamato has learned how deep our pockets are.

I don't do international stuff but does every nation buy barrels of oil in US dollars? If not it's probably misleading to say the cost of oil has increased 4x. It has increased 4x in the US but we're (generally) not making toys here. Now, it might have also gone up 4x against the Chinese currency but I would guess the Yuan hasn't nosedived quite like the USD even if they do share some relation. I can't download the file to see if this was addressed. Still, oil costs more... but I think there's some obvious other reasons why this toy should cost more than the first. It's clearly better designed and comes with strike parts... plus Yamato has learned how deep our pockets are.

oil trades in dollars and the yuan is pegged to the dollar.

I'm looking at a 5 year graph of the Yuan though and it looks like it used to be 8.3 Yuan were $1, now 7 Yuan is $1. I remember hearing they were linked but clearly a buck isn't worth what it used to be in China either.

EDIT - uh, i talk too much finance in my day-to-day life, it fascinates me. I should probably stop doing this here though since it's off topic. Sorry everybody.

Edited by jenius

I'm looking at a 5 year graph of the Yuan though and it looks like it used to be 8.3 Yuan were $1, now 7 Yuan is $1. I remember hearing they were linked but clearly a buck isn't worth what it used to be in China either.

EDIT - uh, i talk too much finance in my day-to-day life, it fascinates me. I should probably stop doing this here though since it's off topic. Sorry everybody.

yeah, there was some change, the bush admin made a lot of noise about the yuan and china reformed it a little but for all intents, it's still pegged. If you compare the yuan/dollar to the yen or the euro you'll see much more fluctuation.

Which makes it more interesting right? Because we're paying dollars to yen but yamato is paying yen to yuan. And the dollar isn't doing very well against the yen at the moment.. well, since reagan actually.

As for oil, there's a lot of talk that a lot of the bush sabre rattling on iran is because they've threatened to go with the Euro for their oil.

Edited by eugimon

Well damn it, I'm gonna get one just for the heck of it; 1/60 scale VF-1S next to the 1/60 VF-0S and my 1/60 PG RX-78 Gundam!

Gundamnmit!

The price is a little too high, but oh well...that's Macross for you!

Time to collaborate and buy one of those plastic model making machines and create our own valkyries!

Gundamnmit!

The price is a little too high, but oh well...that's Macross for you!

Time to collaborate and buy one of those plastic model making machines and create our own valkyries!

BE STRONG!!! DON'T GIVE IN TO YAMATO!!! JOIN OUR REBELLION FOR LOWER PRICES!!!

If you happen to find a good deal on one of those plastic model making machines...let me know. I'll put down $20. ^_^

:ph34r:

Let's see:

1/48 Super Valkyrie would cost:

HLJ = ~$200usd

Toy-wave = ~$180usd

BBTS = $200usd

LOS = 1/48 1S($155) + Super/Strike parts(70) =~$225

New 1/60 Super Valkryie would cost:

HLJ = NA(no info)

Toy-wave = NA(no info)

BBTS = $155

LOS = $138.95

Hobby Search = $120

Over Drive Inc = $112.99

So averaging out a Super Valkyrie for 1/48(2 american and 2 japanese stores) = $201.

Averaging outa Super Valkyrie for 1/60(2 american and 2 japanese stores) = $136.

Huh. Still getting a new 1/60.

I still want to know if this 1/60 scale is the same as the 1/60 scale of the Zero toys or the original 1/60's. Or is it that the Zero fighters were bigger and their 1/60 scale is about the same size of the 1/48 VF-1 fighters? Can someone please shed some light on this? It's the determining factor in whether or not I will make the purchase.

:mellow:

oo

Let's see:

1/48 Super Valkyrie would cost:

HLJ = ~$200usd

Toy-wave = ~$180usd

BBTS = $200usd

LOS = 1/48 1S($155) + Super/Strike parts(70) =~$225

New 1/60 Super Valkryie would cost:

HLJ = NA(no info)

Toy-wave = NA(no info)

BBTS = $155

LOS = $138.95

So averaging out a Super Valkyrie for 1/48 = $201.

Averaging outa Super Valkyrie for 1/60 = $147.

Huh. Still getting a new 1/60.

I still want to know if this 1/60 scale is the same as the 1/60 scale of the Zero toys or the original 1/60's. Or is it that the Zero fighters were bigger and their 1/60 scale is about the same size of the 1/48 VF-1 fighters? Can someone please shed some light on this? It's the determining factor in whether or not I will make the purchase.

mellow.gif

oo

Same size as the old 1/60 VF-1. The VF-0 is huge compared to the VF-1.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

I don't remember and I'm far too lazy to dig through this thread, but has Yamato ever indicated that they would release the new 1/60 without the super/strike parts? That would probably bring the price below $100.

Same size as the old 1/60 VF-1. The VF-0 is huge compared to the VF-1.

If that's the case, I might pick up the 2-seaters for the heck of it if they are released. Nothing for me to get excited about though. I love the larger scale toys, so the 1/48's is where my focus will remain. I think the price of these will eventually drop and I might consider them then. Thanks for the in Shin.

B))

oo

:mellow:

oo

If you scaled down a F-14 and a F-16 to 1/60 the F-14 would still be almost 1.5 times bigger than the F-16. If you sized the F-16 to be as big as an F-14 at 1/60 then the Falcon would be roughly 1/48 scale. Similarly, since the VF-0 compares in size to a Tomcat and the VF-1 is a hair smaller than a F-16 (as Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0 mentioned, the VF-0 is huge compared to the Valkyrie), a VF-0 toy sized VF-1 would be 1/48 scale... not 1/60. At the same 1/60 the VF-0 dwarfs the VF-1, and the new VF-1 should be the exact same size as the old 1/60 version within a 3% margin of error.

I don't remember and I'm far too lazy to dig through this thread, but has Yamato ever indicated that they would release the new 1/60 without the super/strike parts? That would probably bring the price below $100.

IIRC that is correct. And I imagine that the price would drop below $100 USD then.

the new VF-1 should be the exact same size as the old 1/60 version within a 3% margin of error.

Gee....3%....is that all ^_^

Gee....3%....is that all ^_^

Admittedly, I pulled that number out of my... well, you know. The way I figure, if it's good enough for a political poll it should be good enough for a scale representation of a fictitious aircraft. ;)

I doubt that the new 1/60 VF-1 will be exactly the same length, width, depth as the old version, but it should be damned close, within... :p

Admittedly, I pulled that number out of my... well, you know. The way I figure, if it's good enough for a political poll it should be good enough for a scale representation of a fictitious aircraft. ;)

I doubt that the new 1/60 VF-1 will be exactly the same length, width, depth as the old version, but it should be damned close, within... :p

Right right :lol: LOL. I wish that it would be the same size as the VF-0. That would be MUCH MUCH better.

Right right :lol: LOL. I wish that it would be the same size as the VF-0. That would be MUCH MUCH better.

oo

Blessed is he who joins the Ballchinian Brotherhood! I have to concur with Ballin' brother Ryno. However, after some explanations about the scale of these things it's impossible. What we want we already have...perfect transformation 1/48's. Stick with the large scale Yamato!

If that's the case, I might pick up the 2-seaters for the heck of it if they are released. Nothing for me to get excited about though. I love the larger scale toys, so the 1/48's is where my focus will remain. I think the price of these will eventually drop and I might consider them then. Thanks for the in Shin.

B))

oo

sorry for the late reply, here's an old pic of the original 1/60 VF-1, next to a 1/60 VF-0S, 1/60 YF-19, and 1/60 Q-Rau

dsc031945vi.jpg

Be so nice to get a spankin new non disembowled VT-1 of Hik, Minmay AND Misa inlcuded.

Graham can you please get Yamato to think about including a Misa figure? :)

vtb.jpg

(i took these pics the first night i got my VT-1, this is my first Yamato, my starting valk before my 1/48's and new 1/60s! :D

vtg.jpg

vtf.jpg

IMG_1547t.jpg

:D Memories!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

For me, I love the 1/60 scale but I hated the look of the old ones when compared to the 1/48 in Battroid. I really wanted to go 1/60 but wound up with 1/48 for that reason alone. The 1/48's are huge though and the boxes are rediculous.

Well, looks like I am going to check this new 1/60 out. Looks very promising, best of both world sort of. I'd want a Max, Milia, CF, TV Hikaru and a VF-1D minimum. Are there plans to re-do all the VF-1's like this?

Reasons to justify a higher price. All of the following need to be included.

1. Strike and Super Fast Pack parts

2. Fixed pose and adjustable hands

3. All wing stores included, that should be three types for the VF-1 series?

4. Back and side panel filler pieces

5. Stand

6. Additional pilots: TV, DYRL, Misa, Minmay...depending on the type

7. More Tampo markings, better stickers and water slide decals.

Oh almost forgot 8. TV and DYRL forearm armor.

Sounds like too much... not really... haven't asked for fully functional flaps, rudders and ailerons, compression shocks on the landing gear, turning nose wheel, tilting telescoping pilot seats with ejection function or spinning barrels in the gun pod. Even though fans have built models and modified toys to have such functions. B))

Reasons to justify a higher price. All of the following need to be included.

1. Strike and Super Fast Pack parts

2. Fixed pose and adjustable hands

3. All wing stores included, that should be three types for the VF-1 series?

4. Back and side panel filler pieces

5. Stand

6. Additional pilots: TV, DYRL, Misa, Minmay...depending on the type

7. More Tampo markings, better stickers and water slide decals.

Oh almost forgot 8. TV and DYRL forearm armor.

Sounds like too much... not really... haven't asked for fully functional flaps, rudders and ailerons, compression shocks on the landing gear, turning nose wheel, tilting telescoping pilot seats with ejection function or spinning barrels in the gun pod. Even though fans have built models and modified toys to have such functions. B))

There is or are you speculating we will get stands included?

There is or are you speculating we will get stands included?

I haven't heard stand will be included, but it does seem possible since Yamato's last few releases have included stands.