Bandai Macross Frontier toys thread

valhary

Oooooh boy... Chunky monkey with MASSIVE GAPS between the shoulder and chest.

I hope this is not the final figure. If it is, might have to cancel my pre-order(s). :/

EDIT: The crotch is now at an angle, which is a good improvement. The rest looks ok. Honestly, that display piece looks mis-transformed. Hope that is the case.

Edited by OmegaD3k

Can't be final, it's still hand-painted resin. It may be the final SHAPE, but definitely not final materials/finish.

I do hope those are incorrectly-transformed shoulders---otherwise they REALLY got that area wrong.

But sculpt-wise---all I really want are fixed head lasers, and movable hip guns. (I assume the chest angle is just poor posing/transformation)

PS---look at the shield. It's totally flat on top. I bet that can't be final---no valk has a FLAT shield. While the official art is pretty flat and featureless, it is still curved somewhat, like any plane in that area. It needs to be "humped" some.

Heck, Yamato never releases truly final photos. Their "final" YF-19 photos are still hand-painted resin prototypes. And their "final" Nora, while made of plastic, still has pre-production paint applications.

I'm sorry , it's a error of myself , it's just a work in progress of the dx vf-25f and no final version

2n6hx6h.jpg

in red and blue , it misses details

in green , the transformation is missed , this concern comes certainly from the person who transformed this prototype and put in the window

Interesting, the upper leg joint doesn't appear on the newer picture. The part of the leg that "breaks" for gerwalk mode, that allows the leg to swing down and forward. It's very visible in the old prototype picture, but I don't see the joint seam in the new picture.

The shield appears to be much thinner in the new picture.

I'm sorry , it's a error of myself , it's just a work in progress of the dx vf-25f and no final version

in red and blue , it misses details

in green , the transformation is missed , this concern comes certainly from the person who transformed this prototype and put in the window

It looks like they screwed up lots of "parts positions" in that display case one.

There is no way that is any closer to a final. I think the one on the left of that comparison (the ones of the S and F) are still the closest to the final product we have seen, and even the main site has said those pictures are also not even final versions. We have still not seen any final version photos if any exist. I bet that thing in the display case is just a painted version of an earlier resin prototype. They probably just needed something to show off in a display and didn't want to show the final version or the most recent version just yet.

I just found this pic of the Super pack---have we seen it before?

::edit2:: A lot of the pics in fighter mode show the legs "too low/recessed" compared to the main fuselage---they're lowered for FAST packs like with most valks, but they should be raised up higher when clean. Any good pics showing a "properly transformed fighter mode"?

Also, I really hope we get better "wing to leg" connections---every pic so far shows the whole wing/wingroots just kind of "floating alongside" the legs in fighter mode--giant gap from front to rear.

I just found this pic of the Super pack---have we seen it before?

::edit2:: A lot of the pics in fighter mode show the legs "too low/recessed" compared to the main fuselage---they're lowered for FAST packs like with most valks, but they should be raised up higher when clean. Any good pics showing a "properly transformed fighter mode"?

Also, I really hope we get better "wing to leg" connections---every pic so far shows the whole wing/wingroots just kind of "floating alongside" the legs in fighter mode--giant gap from front to rear.

Those are old pics as well. However I think the not well connected legs in fighter mode are a result of the prototypes not being finished and all. They probably didn't build in the locking mechanism for the legs in fighter mode yet. I think when we see the final product, the legs will be nice and secure and we won't have a gap there anymore. If there is a gap like that in the final version, even I can't overlook that.... I can make concessions but I don't want holes in my fighter mode.

salon wccgon bandai stand , surprise , vf-25f final version :rolleyes:

mht3t0.jpg2cmw1du.jpg

15miowo.jpg

Now that I see the toy with the crotch agled it looks like total $hit... It looks like the robot has a dong man lol. I would never buy a toy like that unless I want to be called a happy person for owning it. NE way im glad bandai didnt go with the angled croth peice because thats really gay... IMO

Edited by transfan52

Having a big crotch is from the vf-25 looking at the VF-11 with boobies that Mylene uses in macross 7. Those two mechs are designed to be sexy as a distraction to the repressed zentradi who can't fight properly when they see sexy robots.

Having a man crotch is a symbol of power like the need for valks to have man hands. (even though valkyries were women)

Those shoulders look awfully vulnerable. Wonder how easy to break this thing is going to be? If it drops would that part crack?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I'd wait for the final product images since that's a prototype.

Thank you. It is the same thing every time with some people thinking each new pic is showing the final product.

Whoa momma! Finally a picture of a very correct looking fighter mode with all the landing gear deployed and the back portion of fighter mode transformed correctly. We need bigger pictures. Keep refining Bandai. Good work so far.