Bandai Macross Frontier toys thread

valhary

Guest sh002

the valkyries i like most from yamato are the 1/60 yf-21, yf-19, sv-51, and vf-0. if bandai releases a 1/60 vf-171 and it turns out good, then it's over.

post-917-1215930281_thumb.jpg

I was just digging through old pictures as I'm in the process of selling many of my non-macross toys on ebay, and I found this one of my on Aquarion figure from Bandai. He's long since been sold, but he was great, very well made, and I think the new Bandai Macross Frontier toys will fit in just fine with the Yamato 1/60s.

Ozma deffinently looks cool. I'm glad i haven't watched the series yet otherwise i'd want Alto's as well coz he's the "hero".

Bout time i went for the "Roy" valk first, besides he uses the armour and Super more often and i'd want to collect all accesories. Yamato's 1/60 version might be alot better (in 3 years) so i'll stick with the coolest one of the DX line..

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Agreed, Ozma's is my favorite and the one you are more likely to see get an armored pack. I'd bet that they make and armored pack for Ozma and a Super for Alto at start and see where it goes from there on whether to do the same for the others. However I can live with that even though I want both packs for Ozma.

Since I'll probably only get one from the set, it'll probably be Ozma's. I don't like that gaping 'mouth' cavity on Alto's, and I prefer Ozma's color scheme better as well.

Thanks, but I'm in Europe. These toys shipping from Japan to the US and then to Europe has to be payed by someone and I'm pretty sure it'll be me.

Overdrive are located in Japan. I think they still only ship by EMS tho.

Wouldn't HLJ end up using EMS since the 1/60 DX would be considered a high end product?

Overdrive seems like it would be the best choice, I might end up going through them since HLJ already closed preorders.

Depends on what they end up using as a box, will it be small and compact?

Actually how tall is the 25 compared to others, like say the YF-19 (middle of the pecking order)

I just saw they had the angel bird up for even cheaper at 55.99 USD. That's good.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Also, for the interest of others, 30 USD to ship a VF-0S valk only, and 20 USD to ship a puny revoltech. All EMS, no sal was offered.

Us Sydney/Australia people need to get out crud together and start ordering from Overdrive in bulk. :rolleyes:

Registered SAL or airmail.

Usually still significantly cheaper than EMS to Europe (+ less import duties)

The SAL shipping method HLJ uses is not trackable or registered. If the cost of the item is more than ~$150 then EMS is used for insurance reasons. Also if the weight/size of the package goes beyond a certain point EMS is used instead of SAL but at that point the cost between the two methods is sometimes negligable depending on your location.

Us Sydney/Australia people need to get out crud together and start ordering from Overdrive in bulk. :rolleyes:

The SAL shipping method HLJ uses is not trackable or registered. If the cost of the item is more than ~$150 then EMS is used for insurance reasons. Also if the weight/size of the package goes beyond a certain point EMS is used instead of SAL but at that point the cost between the two methods is sometimes negligable depending on your location.

Yeah, be nice all of aussies group ordered. But even domestic after items received would cost, how would we work it out?

33.40 is the cost of shipping from Overdrive or HLJ.com?

Overdrive. I created an account to fake buy and it brings up the exact(well it i guess it's the final shipping cost) cost of shipping by EMS.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Yeah, be nice all of aussies group ordered. But even domestic after items received would cost, how would we work it out?

I did this with a mass order of Transformer exclusives for Sydney/Adelaide through Overdrive. Someone places the mass order with OD, then collects the individual payments along with the OD shipping charge. Then play the waiting game till the box(es) ship. When it arrives in Sydney domestic shipping charges are calculated on individual basis. Sydney people can pick-up if they prefer.

I did this with a mass order of Transformer exclusives for Sydney/Adelaide through Overdrive. Someone places the mass order with OD, then collects the individual payments along with the OD shipping charge. Then play the waiting game till the box(es) ship. When it arrives in Sydney domestic shipping charges are calculated on individual basis. Sydney people can pick-up if they prefer.

I'd be cool with that Tober. You anywhere near Lane Cove?

Man, placed my pre-order. Still...these aren't coming out until November? The series will be over with by then, won't it? I certainly hope Bandai has more planned. VF-171, VF-27, et all.

Say, maybe Bandai might give us a 1/60 Konig Monster! :lol: