Bandai Macross Frontier toys thread

valhary

I don't care.

I don't care that you don't care.

edit:: he has just as much of a right to voice his non exuberance over the DX as other people do to voice their gushing praise.

Edited by eugimon

It's painted, but it's still a rapid-prototype very early sample. It won't really tell us anything.

Random concern I just had: Bandai will paint the colors on the final ones "too bright/primary"--just like on their prototypes. Alto's white is TOO white. Ozma's yellow is TOO yellow. Yamato learned their lesson, and none of their valks are PURE white---they're very very light grey, which looks a lot better. And it took them a while, but they eventually started making Roy with a more golden-yellow, as opposed to lemon-yellow.

I fear that Bandai will do like the 1/55, and use PURE white for Alto and lemon-yellow for Ozma--and it'll look bad. Ozma's valk is fairly dark, despite the yellow--because it's not super-bright yellow. And Alto's valk is the same "very pale grey" that Roy's VF-0 is.

I don't care that you don't care.

edit:: he has just as much of a right to voice his non exuberance over the DX as other people do to voice their gushing praise.

I don't care that you don't care that I don't care.

I have a right to voice my opinion about other peoples' opinions.

Hmm...

Mis-aligned proportions aside, is the paint job finished? Looks almost pure white. Overall... It's ok.

The feet are gigantic, though. (This isn't Gundam, Bandai...) Good to see those "judo-chop" hands are gone and replaced with something a bit more normal.

Looking forward to the finished versions.

Edited by OmegaD3k

Alto and Ozma's VF-25's STILL look like they're not the final product.

It doesn't have the glossy finish that was present on the DX Aquarion.

Looking good, although it's interesting they'd present them with painted canopies rather than clear, since the protos indicated clear canopies. I remember Toynami did this with their Alphas and 1/100 line as well. People got up in arms saying "ZOMG!! PAINTED CANOPIES ARE THE SUXORZ!! FTL!!!" but it had been done just for the prototype presentation and wasn't intended for final product. I suspect Bandai is doing the same here, but it still seems a strange practice to me.

In any case, they're obviously still prototypes so they're interesting to see but not completely indicitive of final product. Someone mentioned the hands were changed, but if Bandai is handling this like most of their high-end toys it'll probably come with a dozen sets of hands in various poses.

They're so CUTE, and very toy-like! I love it! So many replicas, models, DX stuff. Sometimes its nice to just have a "toy" of something... you know?

They'll look so nice with my 1/100 Macross kits, Toynami Valks and my 1/100 Imai factory (whenever I get around to restoring it...)

Just put up Macross F Super Space-Time Live Ranka Lee with Sherly Nome feature on the site. You can see all the Frontier goods that were for sale and on dispaly.

1217264484-0018.jpg

Edited by Save

Any confirmation such as a sign which clearly states that that that is the 1/100 toy and not the 1/60 DX toy or 1/72 model?

Graham

They only had one sign and that was for both the 1/100 toy and the 1/60 DX toy. Seems they were only promoting toys and other merchandise other than models. I could be wrong.

Edited by Save