Bandai Macross Frontier toys thread

valhary

So a new line to replace the near-dead MSiA line, to compete with other low-mid price robot toy lines: Revoltech, HCM-Pro and GNU-Dou. Like MSiA and Gundam Fix these are non-scale, but have box style similar to Revoltech.

The new mix of material is interesting:

606.jpg

That should reduce the part warping so prevalent in MSiA and Fix.

I also doubt the VF-25 can transform.

from what anime is that?

Eureka Seven.

Go watch it. Great anime.

BTW. Love the mr. Bean avatar, but maybe you should consider using some pics of Rowans' daughter Gemma Atkinson. Much prettier than her father. B))

Edited by Dante74

BTW. Love the mr. Bean avatar, but maybe you should consider using some pics of Rowans' daughter Gemma Atkinson. Much prettier than her father. B))

hummnanmahumananuaaa you sure it's hs daughter? - http://www.hot-screensaver.com/2008/05/06/...beans-daughter/

talk about knockers! :p

Yeh i have only seen a little of the anime, it looks cool. Just gotta get my head around wathing a whiney kid hero character....

hehe I will :)

http://www.gemmaatkinson.tv/index.htm

WOW! I don't mind calling Rowan Atkinson as Dad! :lol:

btw this is my 100th post! yipeee ;D

Edited by pochimus prime

I bet the 1/100 FIX type figures with may be little die-cast parts.

I hope they aren't FIX though, I don't like PVC that much, and FIX are predominantly PVC. What I truly hope for, is for the 1/100 line to be perfect transformation. It would be nice to have a perfect transformation line for a good price. The DX has a good price as is, just imagine how affordable the 1/100 line would be.

If the 1/100 line is perfect transformation and has wider releases, I would buy my favorites in the DX line, and build a bigger 1/100 collection. For example I don't like Michel or Luca that much, so I wouldn't buy DX versions of their valkyries, but I would buy their's in 1/100.

I hope they aren't FIX though, I don't like PVC that much, and FIX are predominantly PVC. What I truly hope for, is for the 1/100 line to be perfect transformation. It would be nice to have a perfect transformation line for a good price. The DX has a good price as is, just imagine how affordable the 1/100 line would be.

If the 1/100 line is perfect transformation and has wider releases, I would buy my favorites in the DX line, and build a bigger 1/100 collection. For example I don't like Michel or Luca that much, so I wouldn't buy DX versions of their valkyries, but I would buy their's in 1/100.

I believe it's already been advertised as not being perfect transformation. Instead it was advertised as "simple transformation". Dunno what that means in the end, but I would imagine a few parts swapping.

I agree with you on the use of PVC. But I can deal with it as long as it's not used in the wings or tailfins.

I wish Yamato would consider a lineup of 1/100 scale Valks (at this scale I'd accept non-transforming models).

I wish Yamato would consider a lineup of 1/100 scale Valks (at this scale I'd accept non-transforming models).

They did tinker with the idea, there was a 1/100 VF-0S planned and shown in magazines, but it never made it to production, parts swapping was extensive.

I believe it's already been advertised as not being perfect transformation. Instead it was advertised as "simple transformation". Dunno what that means in the end, but I would imagine a few parts swapping.

I am hoping for at least a 1/55 derived transformation method...with no parts removal. If there is parts swapping I hope that its minimal, and that the pieces can be stored on or in the toy somehow.

So I've read all 20+ apges of this thread since I stopped reading. Talk about going off topic. but before i do.

the question is Is there or not going to be a 1/100 toy line for Macross Frontier?

I know there is the

1/72 model kit line with transformation

1/60 perfect transformation DX w/ diecast line

So I've read all 20+ apges of this thread since I stopped reading. Talk about going off topic. but before i do.

the question is Is there or not going to be a 1/100 toy line for Macross Frontier?

I know there is the

1/72 model kit line with transformation

1/60 perfect transformation DX w/ diecast line

Your answer is in the 5 or so posts before this one really. Those 20 or so pages must have blurred together nicely as you were reading all that.

I bet they are too busy with the 1/60 DX VF-25 and Robot Spirit VF-25, may be then they produce the 1/100 line.

Are you all gonna get the 1/60 DX ?

I'll be sure to get one :D I'm a big fan of MF, which in my opinion is way better than Macross 7. Alto's > than that douchebag Basara :)

I bet they are too busy with the 1/60 DX VF-25 and Robot Spirit VF-25, may be then they produce the 1/100 line.

Are you all gonna get the 1/60 DX ?

What are you talking about man? The Tamashii Spirit VF-25 was nowhere near completion, and was in a very rough stage, a far cry from the 1/100 that was shown last month. I think its the other way around, I think the Tamashii Spirit version is taking the back burner while Bandai focuses their efforts on making the DX and 1/100 first.