Bandai Macross Frontier toys thread

valhary

I don't know if this has been mentioned but with the way licensing works in japan being based on scales, it is AFAIK possible that Yamato could do a 1/60 scale version of the vf-25?! Assuming that the bandai versions go gang buster.

I have a feeling they're working out all the kinks of 1/60 Super/Armor Packs.

When you consider how long it's been since we've seen new photos the next set should be AMAZING.

We're in store for something great folks.

I still constantly shift between do I want Alto's or Ozma's in 1/60... (I lean towards Ozma, but Alto's keeps growing on me---probably because we see it so much more)

My plan for a while has been to get one 1/72, and one 1/60. I have Alto's 1/72 on order, thus a 1/60 Ozma. But I may switch that around---I basically have until the first 1/72 kit ships to decide for sure. (and if there is no *full* armor for 1/60, I probably won't buy any)

I bet you end up getting both ozuma and alto in the long run.

It's like people saying "I will only get one 1/48". :D

If you could only get one I would go for Ozuma. The licking lips scene where he is hungry to eat lobster and stabs it, is a classic moment. In macross frontier it is mentioned they don't waste any resources. He was probably hoping that once the bug was dead, that he could eat it sort of like the giant tuna in SDF:M when hikaru was stuck underneath the floor of the SDF-1. yummmm tuna.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Most people here don't understand professionalism. I don't rock up to work and deal drugs in a shorts and gym shirt, neither do I rock up to a Judo seminar in a Kung Fu uniform. Toy making is a profession, and it is an employee's job to look professional.

You deal drugs for a living!!?? Just kidding :D

My plan for a while has been to get one 1/72, and one 1/60. I have Alto's 1/72 on order, thus a 1/60 Ozma. But I may switch that around---I basically have until the first 1/72 kit ships to decide for sure. (and if there is no *full* armor for 1/60, I probably won't buy any)

I think full armor is inevitable, and since tooling for the 1/60s is expensive, I have a feeling the first 2 releases are not the only ones. So I would wait to see if full armor is coming with Ozma, or seperately.

My plan is to at least get a Super Alto and armored Ozma. If bandai announces seperate armor sets, then I will probably preorder both valks and order the armor when it becomes available.

I think full armor is inevitable, and since tooling for the 1/60s is expensive, I have a feeling the first 2 releases are not the only ones. So I would wait to see if full armor is coming with Ozma, or seperately.

My plan is to at least get a Super Alto and armored Ozma. If bandai announces seperate armor sets, then I will probably preorder both valks and order the armor when it becomes available.

That is why I've not preordered anything. I am waiting until it is out to see how it will work.

Does Bandai usually sell accessory bundles with their high end stuff?

Or is that more of a Yamato thing?

I can't honestly think of a single instance where they have, at least with their various gokin lines. They usually release the different versions with different accessories at the same time, though.

For crying out loud! that is the 1/72 model.....again! This picture was posted a few pages back a few times already! Check the model forum for more info.

Chris

I am *this* close to imposing a rule about banning people who post images of the 1/60 and 1/72 who can't tell them apart. Literally half the posts in each thread are wrong now, and we get repeats within the thread each day---seriously, someone posts a pic of the 1/72 in the 1/60 thread at 7AM, then everyone says "that's the 1/72"--then 2 hours later that pic gets posted again, people say that's not it---then I log in that afternoon just to find it happened again.

IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS, DON'T POST IT. New pics are going to be found and posted by people who know what it is. If you don't know what it is, then you are not the first person to find/post that pic--so we don't need to see it again.

I can't imagine how cluttered the 1/60 thread will be when the 1/72 is actually released and there's a zillion pics of it finished. Hell, maybe I'll just temporarily close the toy thread that week.

I am *this* close to imposing a rule about banning people who post images of the 1/60 and 1/72 who can't tell them apart. Literally half the posts in each thread are wrong now, and we get repeats within the thread each day---seriously, someone posts a pic of the 1/72 in the 1/60 thread at 7AM, then everyone says "that's the 1/72"--then 2 hours later that pic gets posted again, people say that's not it---then I log in that afternoon just to find it happened again.

IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS, DON'T POST IT. New pics are going to be found and posted by people who know what it is. If you don't know what it is, then you are not the first person to find/post that pic--so we don't need to see it again.

I can't imagine how cluttered the 1/60 thread will be when the 1/72 is actually released and there's a zillion pics of it finished. Hell, maybe I'll just temporarily close the toy thread that week.

Please do so. I'm starting to really hate that model kit :lol:

Would it be worth closing all of the existing Frontier threads and trying again with fresh ones? They really are a mess and counterintuitive to discussion. Or maybe go through and delete all of the posts that are in regards to the wrong toy/model.

I think the new thread should include all the facts listed about the toys and have all the released pictures in the first post. People with new pictures would need to send them to a mod so they can add to the first post as an update. That way all the pictures are on one page instead of scattered all over the place. This thread is already 109 pages so I think a 2.0 is needed.

Edited by badboy00z

Over in the model thread, azrael just instituted a "posts talking about the wrong thing will be immediately deleted, as will responses to those posts" policy.

I do like eriku's suggestion of closing the existing threads and starting over again. Would have to clear that with other mods (and Graham) though. (well, I don't HAVE to, it's just that I don't want to mess with multiple important threads like that without a bit of fellow mod-consent)

Or maybe we could have a "news" thread and a "discussion of pics" thread.

The "News" thread is stickied and contains all the pics just like news in the main part of the macross world site.

"Discussion" can contain those pics, comments on the pics, complaints about the sculpts accuracy, complaints about complaints, your opinions on whether its worth buying etc etc speculation.

The news thread can then be for all those noobs who come to the boards who don't hang on the boards regularly enough to have read the 50000000000000000 billion other posts talking about it, and instead can just go direct to the news thread for info.

I would like that because every time the threads get booted you automatically think something *new is being revealed. Would save the mods time too. The can let the discussion thread be just comments referring to the news thread. While the news is left locked and edited once in a while.

*If something is genuinely new and hasn't been included in the news thread then the poster can freely submit the pic to the discussion thread, and then the mod adds it to the news thread. By being a sticky it is easy for the non-regular members to see. Search engine on here isn't all that perfect. Often a thread might sink after about a week or two and the non-regular member will make a new topic heh..

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

If not the general rule is, if you're going to post a picture of a toy/model in the appropriate thread, make sure the picture you post has some reference to the scale. In most pictures I've seen (especially scanned from a magazine) show the scale. Just by going on that ppl should know whether it is a model or a toy.

On a better point, does Bandai even have the license to produce other Valkyries? i.e. not in the cartoons? if they can do it, I'd love for their 1/100 toy line to encompass ALL valkyries. I'd want to see a VA-3 VF-5000 and all the other lesser known Valkyries.

I like LowViz's idea, because I don't always bother to read people's pessimism speculation and I just want to see if there is any new info. However I like to give speculation sometimes as well.

According to the Official Blog, it appears that the DX will be on display (along with the 1/100 and the Origin of Valkyrie series) in this weekend's Chara Hobby (http://www.chara-hobby.com/)

トイ(コレクターズ)コーナーではVF-25のDX超合金や1/100スケールアクションフィギュア、そして旧作より「オリジン・オブ・バルキリー」シリーズを一挙展示しちゃいます!