Bandai Macross Frontier toys thread

valhary

Just put up Macross F Super Space-Time Live Ranka Lee with Sherly Nome feature on the site. You can see all the Frontier goods that were for sale and on dispaly.

Save for the f%^&*ing WIN man!

They only had one sign and that was for both the 1/100 toy and the 1/60 DX toy. Seems they were only promoting toys and other merchandise other than models. I could be wrong.

It could also be to balance out the coverage of the model kit, as the model has gotten most of the attention in the magazines in the past few days.

Save, were you able to obtain any information on the 1/100? They seem perfect transformation to me. Also, for those who don't know, the 1/100 VF-25 is not that small, looks great!

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Although they're showing only gerwalk of the 1/100 I like the proportions better than the 1/60 :ph34r:

I have to agree with you there, I'll take the short arms over the monkey arms and the feet look much better to those clown feet on the DX.

Can't wait to see the 1/100 in all modes and painted. Although I have no real problem with the DX, if the 1/100 turns out to be a good toy I may get that instead. Saves space, saves money, looks great...

Ah, who am I kidding, I'll end up getting both.

1/100!!! are their planning MIAs(Macross in Action)...hmm VIAs(Valkyrie/Veritech in Action) sound more appropriate happy.gif

I got this ill chilling feeling, are they planning 1/100 macross line... I mean all of them blink.gif

Too small to be MIA, and good god I don't want a predominantly PVC comprised Valkyrie toy! Sagging wings, bent head lasers, yuck!!!! I have a feeling its ABS.

The 1/100 looks really good with the proportions. Still just basic prototypes for the 1/60. At this point I don't think we will see pictures of the final 1/60 figure until it has been released and the pictures are form someone's review of it.

While the 1/00 would be cheaper, I still plan to get the 1/60 because it is bigger. I like that size. However the 1/100 price is really manageable then I can see one of those being my second Macross Frontier purchase.

Looking good, although it's interesting they'd present them with painted canopies rather than clear, since the protos indicated clear canopies. I remember Toynami did this with their Alphas and 1/100 line as well. People got up in arms saying "ZOMG!! PAINTED CANOPIES ARE THE SUXORZ!! FTL!!!" but it had been done just for the prototype presentation and wasn't intended for final product. I suspect Bandai is doing the same here, but it still seems a strange practice to me.

In any case, they're obviously still prototypes so they're interesting to see but not completely indicitive of final product. Someone mentioned the hands were changed, but if Bandai is handling this like most of their high-end toys it'll probably come with a dozen sets of hands in various poses.

The prototype DX never had a clear canopy. That was the 1/72 model with the blue canopy.

1/72 prototype pics.

Things that concern me are these series of "fixed" hands and landing gears I hope hands and landing gears are not required to be removed in order to transform.

-ZEBU

post-8913-1217292041_thumb.jpg

Edited by zebu

1/72 looks really good, i might grab Alto's in 1/72, and for the 1/60 Ozma...

I too considered this at one point. Still unsure... well I think I'll be getting Ozma in 1/60 whether I get a 1/72 or not.

1/72 prototype pics.

Things that concern me are these series of "fixed" hands and landing gears I hope hands and landing gears are not required to be removed in order to transform.

:rolleyes: That is model, not a toy, and there is already a model thread for it. Even the giant Perfect Grade Z Gundam use removable landing skid.

Soo, any news of the DXes having super and armored packs?

here lol

the first pictures 1/100 version prototype

xd6xlc.jpg

dx vf-25s ozma

nlyd1i.jpg

dx vf-25f alto

2qnz8qs.jpg29asgh5.jpg

thanks cybergundam for the pics

SO, the DX's are the 1/60 scale, and the 1/100's are model kits?

No, the DX is the 1/60 scale but the 1/100 are also toys just in a smaller scale. The 1/100 aren't called DX because they are smaller. The 1/72 scale are the model kits which are supposedly perfect transformation.

I have already said this a billion times but I will redudnantly reiterate and once again voice my opinion superflously that....

I really hope they make the Luca Green Recon version too!

No, the DX is the 1/60 scale but the 1/100 are also toys just in a smaller scale. The 1/100 aren't called DX because they are smaller. The 1/72 scale are the model kits which are supposedly perfect transformation.

got it, cheers.

Wow I thought the 1/100 were scrapped. So those above pics are the smaller toys? These will look good near the 1/100 koenig monster. IF bandai make 1/100 koenig then yamato is doomed!

That's only if Bandai were to make a Koenig Monster that's better than the Yamato one... ;)