Bandai Macross Frontier toys thread

valhary

Irrelevant, the information is there so it is not a spoiler. Who doesn't watch next ep. previews? Or why wouldn't they?

Not that it is too much of a big deal, but many of us haven't gotten that far into the series because we are waiting for subs to com out (like Shinsen) who are only up to ep. 11. So please refrain from talking about epiisodes in the toy section.... at least without spoiler tags.

Chris

this is from Bandai... :rolleyes:

you say that like it makes some sort of difference. :rolleyes:

this is bandais first attempt in trying to satisfy fickle nitpicking macross fans. you think yamato gets ripped a new one for everyone of their releases, just wait until this comes out and the members here have their say. sure bandai has made some good things over the years but they've never made anything like this, and its for harshest most critical fans on this planet.

please feel free to preorder and test it out for us... :rolleyes:

my use of the rolling eyes is kind of obnoxious no? :rolleyes:

But Bandai has made similarly complex toys before. The Aquarion and Gunbuster are nothing to sneeze at. Many of the transforming Soul of Chogokin toys have intricate yet sturdy mechanisms in them. Bandai are certainly not newbies to this, and it's not like this Macross bird is the pinnacle of complication where transforming mechs are concerned.

I don't expect this toy to be perfect, no toy is, but I am going into it with full confidence that Bandai will deliver a quality product with minimal to no QC problems. I trust them based on all of their high-end toys that I have. :)

Also, I do think it would be nice if Yamato shared the MF license just so more people could be happy, and because it's always nice to have more options.

overdrive.com has them for preorder for $103 each. shipping to the US is around $26.70? what to do? this is less than hlj and bbts.

http://www.over-drive-inc.com/overdrive-bl...orthAmerica.jpg

Hmmm I think I'm still going to wait out for reviews of the thing and whether Bandai will release a huge giftset or separate fast packs. Although that is a pretty good price and OverDrive does have good service. It will be great for people who are willing to bite first.

Guest sh002

if they get the 1/72 model kit for preorder as well and it turns out cheaper than hlj, i'm going to change my preorder to overdrive.

Very tempting to order from Over-Drive, especially after hearing about so many people getting great service from them. Oh well, I'll probably just stick with BBTS. That way I can return the thing more easily if it's got any problems.

Edited by eriku

* Spoiler Warning!*

Alto With Armor pack is used in EP 14. Knowing Bandai with their normal business tactics, they will more than likely release them later rather than with original release... This was demonstrated many times in their Gundam-line figures and kits.

Here are some examples:

1. MG Gundam Seed Series= Strike Gundam was originally released in 1/100 Master's grade then later Intergrated Weapon System (IWP), sword and luncher system was released

2. MG Zaku from Original and later Series= Originally released in early 90's then Version 2.0 released in 2006 ish. Since then its been released again and again as Zaku Char's version, Zaku black star, Zaku Mine layer, etc etc etc....

3. MG ZZ Gundam Series= ZZ gundam released, then released ZZ Gundam Full Armor version (as they did in the series).

Oh well, it is really not relevent because after all the bitchin', some of us (I for one) will end up buying them all....

Now, to end this post on a happy note, here are some pictures of new "Alto Armor pack"

Zebu

post-8913-1215810379_thumb.jpg

post-8913-1215810389_thumb.jpg

post-8913-1215810400_thumb.jpg

Do you think Bandai will release the super and full armor packs seperately for those of use that buy the naked versions? I'd love to get both types of packs but it would be nice to buy them seperately later on.

Chris

Do you think Bandai will release the super and full armor packs seperately for those of use that buy the naked versions? I'd love to get both types of packs but it would be nice to buy them seperately later on.

Chris

Well based on the track records of "Bandai Business tactics" I would go with intial release with fast pack and later release of Armor pack. However it is unlikely that they will release just "fast pack" and "armor pack". In other words, one may have to buy two VF-25 in order to have both fast pack and armor pack.

Unless, Bandai release VF-25 alto version with fast pack only and VF-25s with Armor pack only. Then those of us who bought both of them can interchange the fast pack and armor pack.... either way, it is unlikely that Bandai will release "sold seperately" version of fast pack or armor pack.

They are really good (and bad for us) at releasing different versions of toys in the way to limit customers ability to buy very specific parts. IMO, that is reason why we see the upcoming model's price much lower than that of Yamatos.

Here is what I would do if I was BANDAI....

"Lets sell better quality VF's at about 75% cost of Yamatos, but only give the customers choice of buying either fast pack set or Armor pack, that way they are force to buy both to complete the set, so that we make our profit buy outselling Yamato models by 2:1 ratio, which, will ultimately lead to 150% gain when compare to releasing one set with fast pack and armor pack at 100% same marketing price as Yamato..."

It is good thing I am NOT BANDAI... LOL

Zebu

Well, using the SOC toys as an example again, they're typically absolutely loaded to the gills with extra parts and accessories - almost too many sometimes. It's possible Bandai will use that same approach with the Macross F chogokins and pack in the fastpacks. Personally I think the lower price point suggests a bare-bones release, but you never know. It's not like fastpacks are complicated or large extras, so they should really cost that much. I've always thought Yamato's fast-pack sets were grossly overpriced for what you get, expecially for the YF-19.

Well, using the SOC toys as an example again, they're typically absolutely loaded to the gills with extra parts and accessories - almost too many sometimes. It's possible Bandai will use that same approach with the Macross F chogokins and pack in the fastpacks. Personally I think the lower price point suggests a bare-bones release, but you never know. It's not like fastpacks are complicated or large extras, so they should really cost that much. I've always thought Yamato's fast-pack sets were grossly overpriced for what you get, expecially for the YF-19.

actually were paying extra for the oversized boxes.

However it is unlikely that they will release just "fast pack" and "armor

I don't see a lot of add on packs from Bandai. They're mostly B-club resin kits for Gundam. They'll probably won't release them separately so you have to buy the fighter again. Lol.

Well, using the SOC toys as an example again

I'll pick up where Eriku left off and use Soul of Chogokin as an example of bucking the trend. I bought the original GX-04 Grendizer and then later Bandai released GX-04X which was the Drill and Marine Spazers separately along with GX-04S which was Grendizer and the spazers combo'd in one box

post-515-1215814632_thumb.jpgpost-515-1215814640_thumb.jpg

post-515-1215814663_thumb.jpg

Edited by chowyunskinny

I don't see a lot of add on packs from Bandai. They're mostly B-club resin kits for Gundam. They'll probably won't release them separately so you have to buy the fighter again. Lol.

The only related example I can think of is the SOC GX-04 Grendizer released in 2000. A GX-04X "Drill Spacer & Marine Spacer" addon set and GX-04S "Perfect Set" which include all the parts was released 2 years later. I think only the GX-04S get reissues.

Personally I hope Bandai doesn't go with the "crazy business profit making vortex of doom" method of releasing the naked VF-25, then one with fast packs then one with armor and nothing sold separately. Honestly like most of us here we just want one of each VF-25 due to money constraints. I want the fast packs and armor too, but not if it means I have to buy 2 more gift sets to have all three variations. Bandai heed my words!

I'll be happy if they included the Super Pack with the initial release and then the Armored Pack separately

That is what I'd want the most. All this is also why I will probably not buy it at first release. If I am going to have to buy the whole thing to get the armor and super parts then I'll wait till the first set and do that.

Damn, that's what's what I was affraid of. I have both the VF-25's on pre-order, but if I'm going to have o buy both AGAIN just to get the Fast packs...... :angry:

Chris

It sounds like they are using a "Yamato YF-19" plan of release

YF-19 non-FP released(FP capable)

QC/design issues reported

Fixes for FP combo release.

I am not "knocking" them for this, because I am only interested in the Ozuka Super Armored VF-25 and the Mickal armored VF-25 sniper version.

I know Bandai is capable of great engineering, as I have owned both Aqurions(still own heavy armed version)

I say "patience"

you say that like it makes some sort of difference. :rolleyes:

this is bandais first attempt in trying to satisfy fickle nitpicking macross fans. you think yamato gets ripped a new one for everyone of their releases, just wait until this comes out and the members here have their say. sure bandai has made some good things over the years but they've never made anything like this, and its for harshest most critical fans on this planet.

please feel free to preorder and test it out for us... :rolleyes:

my use of the rolling eyes is kind of obnoxious no? :rolleyes:

Yamato and Bandai are different, me and you are different. Just like I don't need to pre-order anything and have them mailed to me, and normally our store will have them on the same day they have released in Japan.

I use rolleyes just because I GUESS you didn't read the topic. I don't care if you say Mattel or Herpa is making this VF-25, I will still give the same reply if I wish.

Guest sh002

if they release fast packs or armor separately, i think they should just sell them like that in a package without the valkyrie.

i hope as many valkyries, figures, mechs, and the macross frontier gets released from bandai. i hope none will be some stupid magazine exclusive either.

if they release fast packs or armor separately, i think they should just sell them like that in a package without the valkyrie.

i hope as many valkyries, figures, mechs, and the macross frontier gets released from bandai. i hope none will be some stupid magazine exclusive either.

I know I am playing "Devil's advocate" here, I am just trying to get my hopes up by saying it out loud so don't mind me (Also, keep in mind all these speculations are hypothetical...so don't yell at me o.k?)

So here it goes..

What would you do if you are Bandai and want to make profit? As I said it before, If I was Bandai, I would not release just "Super Pack (correct name for fast pack from MF)" or "Armor Pack" separately without Valkyrie. I really would tap into consumer mentalities out there that goes "well, original release was cheap enough to by 1.5 yamato VFs so it kinda evens out" and buy another VF-25 with armor pack.

Keep in mind that BANDAI is a corporation not a charity organization.. I highly doubt that they are concerned about what the consumers. Unless of course those disregards of consumer’s opinion lead to nose dive of their sales.... again, it will be driven to make profit, not to do "good deeds" to fan....

Like I said before, it is good that I am not the BANDAI. I truly hope that I am wrong and will end up eating my own words (for I pre-ordered VF-25s from HLJ myself).

Zebu

there will be limited editions and exclusives thats for sure. the question is when,what,where and how much

Edited by Vegas Valkyrie

Well, ep 14 shows that the full armor set is incredibly modular and toy-istic. I hope Bandai is able to engineer it that way. (I am pessimistic that we will only ever see standard Super/FAST armor, and not the full armor, despite how much its featured)

Bandai does exclusive mail-order stuff, like really important characters from Saint Seiya as Saint Cloth Myth toys (Pope Shion, Pandora, Hades, Poseidon, Athena). I wouldn't be surprised if Bandai released a mail-order only like Lucca's RVF-25.

Canceled my preorder for both Alto and Ozma at HLJ...only to reorder them at OverDrive. Heh. They seem to have the best deal at the moment if you combine shipping. The only thing I didn't like was having to pay upfront now. I get nervous when I throw down $250+ MONTHS before the things come out. I much prefer being charged when the item ships. But, like I said, it is a good price (especially considering just ONE Yamato 1/60 valk will likely cost you the same these days). Now the LONG wait begins...

Edited by crasis