Bandai Macross Frontier toys thread

valhary

Nice catch SuperHobo. I wonder what that cross shape in the arm is going to be used for... Fast Pack attachment point maybe?

An earlier pic of the back of the shield detached from the arm shows it has a cross shape peg on the back for attaching to the arm.

Graham

That Pinneapple salad got me thinking.

If only the Mafia had a great appreciation of Macross. In the Godfather, all we got was that stinking fish in paper.

Wouldn't it be cool if, for example, somebody walked into a restaurant and ordered steak or something - and the waitress ominously brought him...Pinneapple salad and said "with complements from the gentlemen at table eleven."

As for the prototype pics... yay - another one. But I would like to finally have something painted to look at.

VFTF1

Graham posted scans from Great Mechanics article on the VF-25.

I wonder if the HUGE skull squadron emblem will be on the DX version.

What do you guys think?

I did a search... turned up nothing, where did Graham post scans from Great Mechanics?

Thnx

The link is not working :angry:

Go to this thread in the Movies and TV series Forum:

"Macross Frontier News Thread III *Read 1st post*, --->All news about Macross Frontier here<----" (it's in the page 22)

There you'll find the scans!!

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

hlj preorders early birds

106,72 dollars ; 67,81 euros

vf-25f alto version

vf-25s ozma version

Thanks for the heads-up!!! PREORDERED without hesitation! I've wanted these babies since I saw the Deculture Edition of episode 1 back in December. I'm surprised they are coming out so soon, actually. November, huh? I expected them in 2009.

...wait, these are the DX ones, right? Not the model kits? There's no indication in the listing, but I pulled the trigger anyway. Hrrm.

Edited by crasis

I have to admit I am very tempted to preorder one of these - probably not the Alto as I prefer Ozma's colour palette. The newer prototypes look like great strides have been made. It could be an expensive back half of the year at this rate.

Karl

Guest sh002

hlj does have a good price but i ordered both vf-25's from bbts so shipping will be way less to ship two valkyries from bbts than hlj.

Guest sh002

actually after looking through hlj's website, i think hlj will come out cheaper or the same as bbts if you buy both vf-25's. it states that the total for shipping for more than 1 item will be 20-40% less than the combined shipping. plus everytime i pay with yen through paypal, it is always a little cheaper. i think i'm going to cancel my bbts preorder and go with hlj for now for these.

I just pre-ordered from BBTS. Now to wait 4 more months. At least I'll have time to save and I'll be getting a raise in 2 months. Lol.

Heh, I just got a raise today which will easily feed my Macross habit for the rest of the year. :)

Will wait till I actually have $100 at least available to me... I need to get more money....

i'll wait for the 2nd release with all the bells, whistles, and fixes.

sure yamatos QC is getting better but this is a whole new toy, that they're making for the very first time.....i forsee many problems.

i paid $200 to be yamatos test dummy once and once was enough for me.

Guest sh002

i'm hoping bandai's qc will be better. my old hcm vf-1's still hold up very well and are excellent for their size. so do my 1/65 fire valkyrie and vf-17s.

sure yamatos QC is getting better but this is a whole new toy, that they're making for the very first time.....i forsee many problems.

this is from Bandai... :rolleyes:

will wait for Kevin.

Will wait until full armor is announced. Or at the very least, normal FAST packs.

Can i join you guys? :D My early bird trigger finger itched but i'm getting smarter. Especially wait for the order with Kevin, but now i think about it i will wait for a 2nd issue or with FP's/Full Armour.

Swoosh are you familiar with the Eva-01 SPEC hip issue? Bandai is not infallible.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Swoosh are you familiar with the Eva-01 SPEC hip issue? Bandai is not infallible.

That was a problem, but that's just one in a L O N G line of toys that are, for the most part, perfect upon launch. Hardly comparable to Yamato's track record. One of the main reasons Bandai's high-end toys are so beloved is because they can be counted on for extremely high quality. ^_^

Has it even been confirmed if these will come with the Fast Packs?

We've seen prototypes for the super parts, but nothing on armor parts though. However it is practically a guarantee they will make armor sets for both since Alto used an armor set in ep. 14 (this doesn't need spoiler tags as it was known since the ep.14 preview attached to ep.13).

Edited by Master Dex

Unless u dont watch the next episode previews. Thanks muchly.

anyway i prefer it without the fast packs too, but i like a bit of variety.

Irrelevant, the information is there so it is not a spoiler. Who doesn't watch next ep. previews? Or why wouldn't they?