Then why buy it at all, if it’s just sitting in a box? :acute:

Bottom line:  if you’re worried about there being any differences between the Japanese and American releases (with the actual toy inside, NOT the box itself), there ain’t any differences.

2 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

exactly!.....MISBISSB

28 minutes ago, Mog said:

Then why buy it at all, if it’s just sitting in a box? :acute:

Guess you did not read the "no immediate plans" portion of what I wrote.....simply put....and as the Lion Voltron can attest to....if you decide to buy later....you most often end up paying much more in the future....so if you can....buy it when it is available for MSRP or less and just keep it in a safe spot untill the day comes when you get the "itch"....

:rolleyes:

6 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Guess you did not read the "no immediate plans" portion of what I wrote.....simply put....and as the Lion Voltron can attest to....if you decide to buy later....you most often end up paying much more in the future....so if you can....buy it when it is available for MSRP or less and just keep it in a safe spot untill the day comes when you get the "itch"....

:rolleyes:

But your original response with the Schrodinger's Cat analogy is crap, because it's not two mutually exclusive events:  you get BOTH nameplates.  You can observe BOTH of them in the box at the SAME time.

It's not an dead Golion OR an alive Golion. 

Or a proverbial Golion OR Stoplion. :p

It's a Golion nameplate AND a Voltron nameplate, regardless of whether you purchase the Japanese or American release.

7 hours ago, Mog said:

But your original response with the Schrodinger's Cat analogy is crap, because it's not two mutually exclusive events:  you get BOTH nameplates.  You can observe BOTH of them in the box at the SAME time.

It's not an dead Golion OR an alive Golion. 

Or a proverbial Golion OR Stoplion. :p

It's a Golion nameplate AND a Voltron nameplate, regardless of whether you purchase the Japanese or American release.

Nah....your understanding of the reference to the Schrodinger's Cat analogy is crap....you really do not know what's in the box until you open it.....you think you do based on what you are expecting......but you could get Bandai'd....8)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, jenius said:

I was going to list my MISB Voltron for sale here but is there about to be a reissue? I see sideshow has a waitlist but I don't see it anywhere else.

Yes. The third reissue is coming soon. Surethingtoys even secured more stock for preorder earlier this month. 

• 2 weeks later...

Green lion looks awfully boxy and similar to red lion, and that instantly sets off the Voltron fan in me.  Blue and yellow lions are quite similar, but red and green should be quite different.  Red is a couple cubes stuck together, green is a couple spheres, basically.  

1 hour ago, David Hingtgen said:

Green lion looks awfully boxy and similar to red lion, and that instantly sets off the Voltron fan in me.  Blue and yellow lions are quite similar, but red and green should be quite different.  Red is a couple cubes stuck together, green is a couple spheres, basically.  

Looks like they used the same body for both red and green, TBH. I wonder if they did that just to get the prototype shot up?

Looks like a good attempt to me. Better than the Chogokin just because the legs are hidden in robot mode. Except on the Blue and Yellow lions front legs which I guess is for it to be stable. I still wouldn't care if they made an accurate non-transforming version. We'll see how the panels work soon I guess. Hopefully they tweak the Green Lion design too.

Edited by JetJockey

Ohhhhh. I see why the green lion looks so boxy. It's the panels hiding the lion legs that are doing it.

Can't tell if those panels fold away somehow or if they're additional pieces that just snap on when hiding the legs is desired.

Yeah you can tell in lion mode that the Green lion is definitely different to Red lion. Need to see better pictures of the panels. That Robot Japan forum found a few more pictures from a Facebook site. But still not good enough. I would guess though that the panels can raise and lower to cover the legs in Voltron mode. And be underneath the legs in lion mode. You can zoom in on the original teaser image and see those panels probably aren't the pop on and off removable type.

Looks okay but it's an easy pass for me, I'm plenty happy with my SoC Voltron. I don't like a number of things I've seen on this one since pics started popping up this morning, covering the arm-lions legs is cool, but they stopped there, the leg-lions don't get covered, which looks odd. I'm seeing a serious lack of neck on the arm-lions too, it's a bit weird looking. I'm also not a fan of the thigh section of the combined mode, it looks odd, two silvery blocks stacked on each other, the lower section can rotate, breaking the clean uniform look of the "thigh" area, I think SoC looks better there too, it should be one big section, not separated into two. Also, the SoC just has so many neat little accessories, pretty much everything you'd want, the stand was a neat addition too, this looks to only include the basics. 

The one thing that keeps bugging me is that the wings look so much smaller in this rendition.

Which isn’t helped either with how much thicker the chest is vertically, when compared to the SOC.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, hey. It looks like there might be clearance on those panels to fold lion legs in on top of them or below them. Be nice to have the option of being toon-accurate OR right toy-accurate.

Clever bit of engineering on those hinges. Curious how they keep them from being fiddly and fragile.

Nice feature with the pilots. Although I thought the pilots controlled the lions from the heads? I can't find a video right now. Still, this seems like the ultimate Voltron. But I think it's 100% that we'll get a new Chogokin or Action version now.

16 minutes ago, JetJockey said:

Nice feature with the pilots. Although I thought the pilots controlled the lions from the heads? I can't find a video right now. Still, this seems like the ultimate Voltron. But I think it's 100% that we'll get a new Chogokin or Action version now.

You know what, I thought that placement of cockpit was correct in the torso as it was shown in the series. Below shows Keith was being transported by a tube towards the chest. And the next sequence of that is him inside the cockpit. There was no sequence of him going to the head.

voltron_lion_cokpit.jpg.d4fcdf8f8ee425027b360985032db4fb.jpg

Now by reading it from the Voltron Fandon/Wiki, it states:

"There are at least three entrances to the cockpit. One entrance is at the bottom of the neck, where the pilot's seat is lifted up from the lion's lair to the cockpit. The second entrance is a hatch on top of the lion's head. A third entrance is on the right side of the lion's head."

After reading that I'm trying to remember if there was some instances that the pilots came out from the said location. Anyone can remeber if they did?

24 minutes ago, JetJockey said:

I don’t think it’ll be the ultimate Voltron.

It’s got some design choices that may rub folks the wrong way (Green not looking cylindrical in combined mode, the wings looking a little undersized).

And although it looks like they have all the individual lions’ weapons, we haven’t seen the secondary weapons for the combined mode (the spear or the shield).

Not saying the SOC version is perfect either.  But it’s a tough act to follow.

Here is an episode with the Blue Lion's top head panel opening. And we can basically see Princess piloting near the eyes of the Lion. Check at 18:39

I only remembered this episode to check because it has good sound effects for the final Voltron fight. And I found it funny how the robeast bats Voltron's disc back. Another thing, when we were kids I assume most watched these episodes on normal TVs. Unless you really had cool parents that had a good audio setup. I doubt most kids had a subwoofer hooked up to enjoy this stuff.

16 minutes ago, Mog said:

I don’t think it’ll be the ultimate Voltron.

It’s got some design choices that may rub folks the wrong way (Green not looking cylindrical in combined mode, the wings looking a little undersized).

And although it looks like they have all the individual lions’ weapons, we haven’t seen the secondary weapons for the combined mode (the spear or the shield).

Not saying the SOC version is perfect either.  But it’s a tough act to follow.

The end all best Voltron set would be separate lions and accurate Voltron. I'm waiting on that Action Line Chogokin for the accurate Voltron. I don't think there is a real market for separate lions that don't transform though.

I assume we'll get all the weapons on this Blitzway Voltron. Green lion looks ok when not in Voltron form. Could be a bit better. I imagine that they are still working on it since it's not up for order yet.