I know everyone's excited for the Blitzway Voltron I can't talk myself into dropping $700 on when I still think the SoC one is pretty great, but has anyone else seen this?  It seems to be a 3P figure from Micro Cosmos going by the name Elvis.

reduced-image_18564_6_1628115610.png.dc8e638ec773dfc8e575b8ba7c0934dd.png

Yeah, yeah, it's a bit stylized.  But it does come apart and the lions do transform, and the whole thing is apparently under 7" tall.  And it looks like it'll only be around $100.

On 7/29/2021 at 10:59 PM, Syro said:

YES!!! I didn't think this could be repaired but i gathered all the pieces (found one across the room) and I figured out how they go and it fits snug. I'm going to try this weekend. Thank you for the advice!

My pleasure! Let me know how it goes; if you run into any issues or need help, don't give up! Contact me here and I'll help you work it out; I've dealt with a lot of issues concerning transformable toys (having rebuilt my Trendmasters reissue Voltron into my own version of SoG Voltron, for starters!) and I have a lot of experience in fixing busted pieces. :)

15 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

My pleasure! Let me know how it goes; if you run into any issues or need help, don't give up! Contact me here and I'll help you work it out; I've dealt with a lot of issues concerning transformable toys (having rebuilt my Trendmasters reissue Voltron into my own version of SoG Voltron, for starters!) and I have a lot of experience in fixing busted pieces. :)

As it turns out the head was connected to the body by having the head attached to a plastic square. On the body side it fit on the shoulders inside of a slightly larger flat square box and the way that it came out was the head side square snapped and then ripped out from the flat box through the middle. In order to fix it I would have to glue the head square together and then it will not fit back in the shoulders. I would have to cut the sides on the shoulder box and slide it in... and I have no faith that I can do that without causing more damage. It's a bummer but honestly the lack of possibility and amount of display space it uses had been bugging me since I found out about the Bandai GX-71 a few years ago which was why I'm buying the Blitzway Voltron (and I still have the original 1980s die cast Voltron anyway). I didn't come to the decision lightly, but in the end it's not worth it to try and fix it because I don't want to display it anymore, and even so these big lions don't belong in a box. 

yellow_lion.png

Edited by Syro

46 minutes ago, spacemanspiff said:

Does anyone have any idea how to find what happened to these larger Lion Playmates prototypes?  I'm so bummed they didn't get produced.

image.png.40af17f9c156c908f6402b9ed5658cb9.png

I guess they had planned a few different version (one transforming, one smaller die cast, and one non transforming all with similar boxes). Seems the non-combining just got scrapped

https://lionsandpilotsandbots.com/2018/05/01/playmates-toys-no-pidge-allura-hunk-action-figures/

So... I preordered GX-71 Golion Voltron from Nippon-Yasan in March.

and the result is.................................

everything seems normal , just like before the pandemic ..:unknw:..

image.png.a4c38129eaa5d2f0a26d0fa2749d35ed.png

I can't say for TWE items or all the stuff that happen before in 2020

But the stuff preordered in 2021 do looks like normal processing now...   I preorder the  METAL BUILD GUNDAM DYNAMES REPAIR III and it was also shipped out in July

On 8/12/2021 at 1:31 PM, F360 said:

So... I preordered GX-71 Golion Voltron from Nippon-Yasan in March.

and the result is.................................

everything seems normal , just like before the pandemic ..:unknw:..

image.png.a4c38129eaa5d2f0a26d0fa2749d35ed.png

I can't say for TWE items or all the stuff that happen before in 2020

But the stuff preordered in 2021 do looks like normal processing now...   I preorder the  METAL BUILD GUNDAM DYNAMES REPAIR III and it was also shipped out in July

Nippon-Yasan gave you merchandise in exchange for money? I only got excuses the last two times i tried to order from them. They are dead to me (1 refund and 1 credit card chargeback, both about 6 months without any word before having to reach out to them)

EDIT: Sorry... allot of frustration there... no offense

Edited by Syro

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2021 at 9:07 PM, mikeszekely said:

I know everyone's excited for the Blitzway Voltron I can't talk myself into dropping $700 on when I still think the SoC one is pretty great, but has anyone else seen this?  It seems to be a 3P figure from Micro Cosmos going by the name Elvis.

reduced-image_18564_6_1628115610.png.dc8e638ec773dfc8e575b8ba7c0934dd.png

Yeah, yeah, it's a bit stylized.  But it does come apart and the lions do transform, and the whole thing is apparently under 7" tall.  And it looks like it'll only be around $100.

Here's a link from ShowZ for those interested.

https://showzstore.com/lucky-cat-micro-cosmos-cm-01-elvis-voltron_p3363.html

0a306d71b8.jpg.914115998d54c0f7bfd462ec46ece96b.jpg

c6616d5d03.jpg.5ed1ed16f69116b2b89c895f607fd0a4.jpg

77e791dfa9.jpg.7abe3e748e5383d1e507812a081cbad5.jpg

25427c8e42.jpg.2903e5e95a9d50cd68f614dae8016d49.jpg

df48f606ac.jpg.59fd4b4590b55fdc3dfcff3ee8ab889f.jpg

6f8c65bc7c.jpg.db8f495953878224c9930432b7db83a4.jpg

9636bbc444.jpg.a899f43a203715f349399df62eea2388.jpg

db48e5b27d.jpg.602dc7963092bea2d402bccd8b3bb660.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 10/2/2021 at 10:18 AM, sqidd said:

It's sold out.

There is about to be a glut of used SOC's soon anyway. If I was looking for a SOC I would wait.

I believe you that there will be a glut but what is the reasoning behind your statement?

*shrugs*

Blitzway has a very promising Voltron coming, but I'm fairly content with my SoC Voltron that matches nicely with my other SoC Voltron and not looking to drop $600-$700 on another.  But, y'know, more power to the people that do.

19 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

*shrugs*

Blitzway has a very promising Voltron coming, but I'm fairly content with my SoC Voltron that matches nicely with my other SoC Voltron and not looking to drop $600-$700 on another.  But, y'know, more power to the people that do.

I agree. I’m good with my SoC

20 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

*shrugs*

1 hour ago, kanedaestes said:

I agree. I’m good with my SoC

I've got a SOC with the aftermarket thighs and I love it. Fantastic Voltron. I hope I don't regret PO'ing the Blitzway. I PO'd it through BBTS though. The reviews will be out before I have to pony up. I can cancel and lose my $70 deposit. Better than having a $700 toy I don't like anymore than the SOC though.

• 4 weeks later...

Literally just received my SOC GoLion (Voltron), and it's beautiful. All that shiny metal looks amazing, and the toy has some serious heft to it. Articulation is more limited than I thought it would be for both individual Lions and Voltron.  However, it does the job as a display piece. I'm not willing to drop $700 for the Blitzway, even though it appears to fix some of the SOC's weak points, especially hiding the legs away in combined form. Love that, but  I'm admittedly not a rabid Voltron fan; I didn't grow up with it, I've yet to see the original show, I couldn't get interested in the 2011 show, and I love the Netflix show. That's my history with Voltron.

That said, after passing twice before on the SOC version, when it came available again for its second rerelease, I thought I'd finally go for it. I'm glad I did.

As for my need for a more articulated and playable Voltron toy, I have MC01 Elvis preordered, and I suspect it will prove to be a rather fun little figure. I like, too, that it will fit in with the rest of my MegaBox toys from 52Toys. At that scale, he'll be a perfect coffee table toy to mess with while I'm watching the tube. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Just a heads up for anyone who picked up an Elvis ... you can switch out the numbered plates on the red and green lion so that it matches the Titan Power TP-01 King of Beasts Golion it was modeled after since the lions enumeration is reversed from the factory.

unscrew.jpeg

fixed.jpeg

So it goes from this (Elvis)...

elvis_king_of_beasts.jpg

to looking like this (Titan):

titan_king_of_beasts.jpg

Got mine on Saturday, and I think it's a pretty cool set. I didn't even notice the switcharoo with the numbers, so I may have to attend to that.  The individual lions were done pretty well, but the combined form is where they really shine. One nitpick: I wish they'd put the lions' heads on ball joints, at least the red and green, as none of them can look side to side, and at this scale, a sturdy ball joint would have been practical, as well as giving it more useful articulation.  

Black Lion's shoulders are mounted to double jointed armatures, which gives Elvis a fantastic range of fore and aft butterfly- this Voltron can form Blazing Sword. That's something that should definitely become a standard with actions figs of all stripes.

I wasn't aware that Elvis was based on an existing figure; they did a great job mirroring the overall aesthetic, which I like a lot.  I don't know much about the Titan toy, but it doesn't look like it splits into the individual lions which is a plus for its mini-me.

10 minutes ago, M'Kyuun said:

Black Lion's shoulders are mounted to double jointed armatures, which gives Elvis a fantastic range of fore and aft butterfly- this Voltron can form Blazing Sword. That's something that should definitely become a standard with actions figs of all stripes.

That's something I need to find a way of building into my current Voltron (as soon as I can replace Blazing Sword for him...).

1 hour ago, Bobby said:

Agreed, the dbl-jointed armatures are nice, box mode is kinda cool, and you are correct, no transformation on Titan but it is quite huge and definitely has a presence...

67264389_2675760665777211_63718030269480

The Titan is one of my favorite "toys". I've posed it more than everything else I have combined and it's taken more than a few headers off the shelf with no damage. It's just plain fun. And looks cool.