2 hours ago, sqidd said:

The Titan is one of my favorite "toys". I've posed it more than everything else I have combined and it's taken more than a few headers off the shelf with no damage. It's just plain fun. And looks cool.

Agree with you and Bobby; the sculpt and overall appearance of this fig is beautiful, and Lucky Cat did a great job capturing the essence in a smaller package that not only is capable of splitting into the individual Lions, but the Lions are capable of assuming cube forms that work alongside 52Toys' Mega/BeastBox toys.  That's a lot of engineering in a small space, and they pulled it off really well.  It's a handy toy, literally; if you're like me and like to have something to fidget with when you're watching tv, it's a great coffee table fig. My coffee table is populated by a nice assortment of TFs, assorted LEGO minifigs, Classified Zartan, some MegaBox figs, and now this guy.  It's always playtime at my house. :)

Can someone explain what the purpose is for these cube versions. I was confused by this toy with the cubes and large accessories attached. I wasn’t sure what this Voltron was supposed to be. 

Chris

Who can fully know unless they told us but I'll offer a few comments regarding trending and how it influenced at least my buying decision...

52Toys is making all sorts of transformables from Predator to GetterRobo to Icarus Jet (discussed elsewhere on here),

0439fe7e-d784-468d-97ab-bfa770f3c518.jpg

7d2e3f20-5de1-4f89-af43-ccdaec6af2ed.jpg

to something very similar to Logicoma (from Patlabor).

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0upY_c587FC9M34W0c4A

64b24d02-af6d-4f91-a93d-d5c983e031a3.jpg

602f5a6e-f68e-4c8d-890f-9faa39635771.jpg

and BBTS has ~100 of them listed on their site [LINK] and for whatever reason they ALL fit into these little 2x2x2 cubes.

The Diaclone Reboot has been doing something very similar for awhile with there Powered Suit Systems by providing cubes they could dock with/deploy from.

In my opinion there's something about this that's "nice and neat"  or "clean" where box-mode lends itself to solving storage issues where organization and arrangement on shelf space is limited (a commonly shared problem). There might be another "real" reason but this aspect or gimmick has gotten my vote.

This guy for ex., Megabox Deep One, raised my brow as it has vibes of R-Type, RB-79 Ball, EVA Pod (2001: A Space Odyssey), and a "Max" colored Quaedluun-Rau Power Armor going on...

d7bfda22-6d6a-42c3-b532-ca0757df8a40.jpg

cafdeab4-25a7-40a9-96b8-64fb67b93aa5.jpg

2c32f08c-f6a0-4ea2-bf3c-19bf3eaf1d8d.jpg

and oh let's throw in a box-mode

1d692524-f0c0-4347-b89c-d21a17c196d1.jpg

There's also something special to appreciate engineering-wise when all these figures can take on a box form since it adds an additional design parameter during development.

So Lucky Cat Voltron also happens to transform into a "box-mode" that fits into these same 2x2x2 cubes

avh4kr2iw7f71.jpg

But to answer the question (sorry for the length) product photos show this mode as being able to serve as a base for displaying weapons ...

9636bbc444.jpg

And even ummm, ah ... a totem pole?

3918a0b477.jpg

These extra features certainly help differentiate it along with the intentional mis-numbering of the lions and name Micro Cosmos Elvis to maybe "help" it avoid some licensing issues perhaps. But regardless of it's real intent, this added "box-mode" offering additional transformation modes plus the idea of simplified storage and the universality of a "shared" form swayed me to purchase Elvis over the Minipla version of the same height.

Imagine moving and you have a bunch of these little 2x2x2 cubes ... you could just throw'em all in a big box, shake it up until they settle like Tetris blocks and be on your way ;)

Edited by Bobby
Pressed Reply too early :/

6 hours ago, Bobby said:

3918a0b477.jpg

These extra features certainly help differentiate it along with the intentional mis-numbering of the lions and name Micro Cosmos Elvis to maybe "help" it avoid some licensing issues perhaps. But regardless of it's real intent, this added "box-mode" offering additional transformation modes plus the idea of simplified storage and the universality of a "shared" form swayed me to purchase Elvis over the Minipla version of the same height.

Imagine moving and you have a bunch of these little 2x2x2 cubes ... you could just throw'em all in a big box, shake it up until they settle like Tetris blocks and be on your way ;)

This Voltron's such a square... :p

Edited by pengbuzz

On 11/30/2021 at 10:05 PM, Bobby said:

I can see that. Actually ... in messing around with it some ... it can FORM VOLTWAVE ... or ... SOUNDTRON ... or ... SOUNDVOLT ... or ... WAVETRON ... or ... BLASTRON ... or ... 😁 

voltwave.jpg

"Ready to form...BOOMBOT!!!"

3 hours ago, Mechapilot77 said:

does it come with those 2 x2 cubes?  or someone just used the ones from the 52Toys stuff (i assume those DO come with them?). 

Elvis does not come with the cubes so probably just used to show compatibility while 52Toys does come with and they are sometimes customized to the theme (like a TMNT boxes, etc.)

--

Hey I think I figured out what "Totem Pole Mode" pays homage to 😉 ...

LJN_battleriser.png

LJN's 1984 Voltron Battle Riser! 😁

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

@sqiddIt's as tall as Voltes V DX, Mazinger DX, etc and weight 5 lbs so the presence and weight are there. At the very least it will fit right in with your collection.

Yeah, I'm optimistic. The volume of the clicks when you articulate it are a great sign. The weight is a great sign. And it appears like it's very good quality.

Still not feeling some of the design choices made.

But would be curious to see how posed out the lions and Voltron can get.

Other than the leg covers and adding the pilots, the poseability (I’m guessing) is what will determine if this is worth the US$700 charge.

11 minutes ago, Mog said:

Still not feeling some of the design choices made.

But would be curious to see how posed out the lions and Voltron can get.

Other than the leg covers and adding the pilots, the poseability (I’m guessing) is what will determine if this is worth the US$700 charge.

It's really hard to argue that it can be twice as good as the SOC.

The one thing I like about the SOC better is that the chest to waist ratio seems to be bigger giving it a more aggressive Vee taper.

It's unlikely I won't get the 5Pro though.:D

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

No commentary review. It looks nice and it clicks loud. I'd really like to hear a full review in english (or at least english dub) though.

Great review! Stoked to get this!  Hopefully, BBTS won’t take too long after release to get theirs to send out.

Chris

18 minutes ago, Dobber said:

Great review! Stoked to get this!  Hopefully, BBTS won’t take too long after release to get theirs to send out.

Chris

5-6 months I'm guessing. That's the sea shipping/freight out of China transit time right now.

I just had to have some stuff I get produced in China air freighted because I couldn't wait. Shipping ended up costing more than than the items.😲

50 minutes ago, sqidd said:

5-6 months I'm guessing. That's the sea shipping/freight out of China transit time right now.

I just had to have some stuff I get produced in China air freighted because I couldn't wait. Shipping ended up costing more than than the items.😲

Yikes! I originally had ordered from ShowZ but after they cancelled the order due to the required deposit increase I just decided to order from BBTS instead to give a little extra time due to the high cost…..just hate waiting THAT much longer. Bright side is I have more time to save and practice patience. ;)

Chris

Edited by Dobber

I wish the lighting effects were better integrated with the toy. I know it's a small gimmick but it is a small level of polish I wish more companies would do. CCS Toys Mazinger Zero has a very simple on/off where all you have to do is touch the back and it activates the light.. having to use spudgers or remove panels just to access the on/off switch is a let down.

On 1/29/2022 at 8:17 AM, sqidd said:

They're less narrow compared to the chest than the SOC.

Yeah, but the SOC has them at least out a little bit from the pelvis. Blitzway's look squished into the pelvis on either side, and the waist looks a bit long too.

Edited by pengbuzz

1 hour ago, pengbuzz said:

Yeah, but the SOC has them at least out a little bit from the pelvis. Blitzway's look squished into the pelvis on either side, and the waist looks a bit long too.

I see what you're saying. I find that the SOC's chest width is more attractive too. That said, The Blitzway looks more toon accurate. I guess it comes down to what is more important to the buy. Toon accuracy or imaginary aesthetics.

I'm actually leaning toward the SOC having better proportions. Especially with the aftermarket thighs.

71NB1cVdxAL._AC_SL1476_.jpg

voltron_soul_of_chogokin_gx71__161724858

Edited by sqidd

11 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I think you're seeing things.

71NB1cVdxAL._AC_SL1476_.jpg

voltron_soul_of_chogokin_gx71__161724858

If you look at the pics you just posted, the hips on Blitzway Voltron don't stick out from the pelvis sideways, while on the SOC, they protrude a bit. And the torso (particularly the black area) is longer vertically from abdomen to head on the Blitzway than then SOC.

6 minutes ago, sqidd said:

40ffeee4085cf0c1b07f918c881c1c99.jpg

They look funny here as well (yes, the official art looks bad).

Edited by pengbuzz

17 minutes ago, pengbuzz said:

If you look at the pics you just posted, the hips on Blitzway Voltron don't stick out from the pelvis sideways, while on the SOC, they protrude a bit. And the torso (particularly the black area) is longer vertically from abdomen to head on the Blitzway than then SOC.

They look funny here as well (yes, the official art looks bad).

I agree that the Blitzway is a little goofy looking compared to the SOC. Darn. Am IO going to cancel my PO?:(

4 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I agree that the Blitzway is a little goofy looking compared to the SOC. Darn. Am IO going to cancel my PO?:(

No dude! If you like the Blitzway, then get it!

I apologize; I was just stating my opinion; I didn't mean to rain out your enjoyment on you. :(

I had rebuilt my Trendmasters Voltron more towards the SOC standard a few years back, so admittedly, that might influence my opinion. But if the Blitzway looks to you how Voltron should look, then keep that pre-order!

Edited by pengbuzz

32 minutes ago, pengbuzz said:

No dude! If you like the Blitzway, then get it!

I apologize; I was just stating my opinion; I didn't mean to rain out your enjoyment on you. :(

I had rebuilt my Trendmasters Voltron more towards the SOC standard a few years back, so admittedly, that might influence my opinion. But if the Blitzway looks to you how Voltron should look, then keep that pre-order!

I absolutely want and entertain all opinions. Sometimes people see things that don't sit as high on my radar, but are still important to me.

I have my PO at BBTS. I have a LOOOONNNGGGGG time to decide if I'm going to get the Blitzway. I probably will. I'm a child.:p