Jump to content
IXTL

Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

How many sets does one need to ensure the main squad is decked out?

This will depend on what you mean by "the main squad."  Four is sufficient to cover the largest group seen on-screen at once, but the entire movie as a whole will take five.  It will all depend on what your intended displays will contain.  If you're doing just the squad in a group, that'll be four, but if you also want Hikaru's pose from the final battle, that'll take a fifth set.

The trick to this is that Bandai kind of complicated things for themselves by numbering the skull logos for the packs.  If they hadn't done that, blue and red would cover all of the HIkaru and Max paintjobs.  Instead, assuming we're eventually getting the entire squad, we'll need a separate "11" logo for Hikaru's 1A.

Aside from that though, Max didn't use packs on his 1S, so I'm not betting Bandai will make him a "00" skull.  If you go past what was on screen, and give Max a 1S with packs, that'll just take a sixth set, and it will be up to you whether you care about proper numbering.

Either way, anyone who ordered a bunch of packs is going to have a boatload of extra skull logo panels.  Considering I already have the whole squad in 1/60, I probably won't be picking up the whole group, but I fully intend to repaint and decal my extras with other squadron markings, and use them on the CF version. :) 

If we do get more sales of super packs later, maybe I'll grab a couple more, but that will depend on how extensive Bandai makes this line.

Edited by Chronocidal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So 5 x 3 for each mode. 15 gawd damn...when did life get so complicated?

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

This will depend on what you mean by "the main squad."  Four is sufficient to cover the largest group seen on-screen at once, but the entire movie as a whole will take five.  It will all depend on what your intended displays will contain.  If you're doing just the squad in a group, that'll be four, but if you also want Hikaru's pose from the final battle, that'll take a fifth set.

The trick to this is that Bandai kind of complicated things for themselves by numbering the skull logos for the packs.  If they hadn't done that, blue and red would cover all of the HIkaru and Max paintjobs.  Instead, assuming we're eventually getting the entire squad, we'll need a separate "11" logo for Hikaru's 1A.

Aside from that though, Max didn't use packs on his 1S, so I'm not betting Bandai will make him a "00" skull.  If you go past what was on screen, and give Max a 1S with packs, that'll just take a sixth set, and it will be up to you whether you care about proper numbering.

Either way, anyone who ordered a bunch of packs is going to have a boatload of extra skull logo panels.  Considering I already have the whole squad in 1/60, I probably won't be picking up the whole group, but I fully intend to repaint and decal my extras with other squadron markings, and use them on the CF version. :) 

If we do get more sales of super packs later, maybe I'll grab a couple more, but that will depend on how extensive Bandai makes this line.

They showed Hikaru's 1A with the 011 Skull numbering. Bandai might bundle Hikaru's 1A with it's proper numbered Fast Packs.

Bandai always chooses to complicate their releases<_<

9deb919e.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing the green, blue and black skull& crossbones makes me feel like we ain't gonna see any tv variants for a looooong time. If that's the case give us a vf-1a brown CF movie version....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Bandai will just include the “11” skull circles in the Hikaru 1A.  A bundle with full super pack would be great, but I think with them selling the super packs separate, Bandai will just include the circles.

Edited by Ridden001

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Ridden001 said:

I think Bandai will just include the “11” skull circles in the Hikaru 1A.  A bundle with full super pack would be great, but I think with them selling the super packs separate, Bandai will just include the circles.

Unless they do a TWE release for the 1A as a bundle. Stranger things have happened haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2019 at 7:24 AM, DYRL VF-1S said:

Yup! You got it. And they seem to control inventory a bit better than N-Y’s model (though I did get two of my missile sets from them on the previous release).

I know I’m suppose to be more excited for Roy but can’t wait to get Hikaru

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ErikElvis said:

I know I’m suppose to be more excited for Roy but can’t wait to get Hikaru

roy's valk is my fav too, but i suspect the pre-order madness for that is gonna leave many broken hearts in its wake...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although Roy could be an alternate, I believe this will go down as the most anticipated VF-1 release: The DX 1:60 VF-1S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think for a lot of us who discovered Macross through robotech, and I know many people didn't even see the DYRL movie for a long time, Effectively, Roy's VF-1S IS Hikaru's TOO, so it's a favorite over where we were denied exposure to DYRL. Hikaru's movie version happens to be my favorite because that final battle is just SO awesome and iconic, but I'm also left with the memory of Roy's death and Hikaru's 'inheriting' his aircraft as the first time I'd seen a cartoon where anything warlike had any real consequences for the characters, and as a 12-13 yr old that was powerful stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like all of them but I think the CF variants are my favorite. If they do a low viz I will be over the moon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm very happy I was able to secure a Hikaru VF-1S preorder. Will see what happens when Roy is announced.

One step at a time.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sooooooo.....Roy -1S TV Edition and Movie Edition?

Has there been a pic of the Hikaru -1J and the Max -1A TV next to the new Hikaru -1S "Movie Edition"?  If the plastic is the same shade, then hopefully they would toss in 2 heads in the Roy -1S release like they did with the HMR VF-1A brownie...

The "Movie" distinction on the SSP is a good sign we may get TV editions for those afterall....:unknw:

Hopefully, when the GBP set finally is released it will come with both yellow and red tipped missiles...;)

Edited by jvmacross

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Sooooooo.....Roy -1S TV Edition and Movie Edition?

Has there been a pic of the Hikaru -1J and the Max -1A TV next to the new Hikaru -1S "Movie Edition"?  If the plastic is the same shade, then hopefully they would toss in 2 heads in the Roy -1S release like they did with the HMR VF-1A brownie...

The "Movie" distinction on the SSP is a good sign we may get TV editions for those afterall....:unknw:

Hopefully, when the GBP set finally is released it will come with both yellow and red tipped missiles...;)

I doubt they'll go the 2-heads route, the DYRL and TV tampo schemes are quite different.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I tripping or does it look like the fast packs (Valk facing backwards) are a slightly different shade of blue from the Strike cannon pack?

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scroll up and you can see the actual products. You're probably just interpreting glare on the box. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah it is probably the lighting from where the strike valk is to where the regular version is at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I doubt they'll go the 2-heads route, the DYRL and TV tampo schemes are quite different.

So with more tampo comes more ways to get bent-over by Bandai? :vava:

So now we may get a TV -1S Roy and a TV -1S Hikaru?  I would prefer a web-sclusive TV -1S Hikaru w/ FP bundle if they go that route...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, alan95_00 said:

Hi,

 

Anyone use this site before?

 

https://japanexclusive.ocnk.net/product/6280

Nothing in the "About us" area. 5 followers on their Twitter page that was started in April of 2018. Last post I am seeing there on Twitter was May 2019 for a Godzilla figure.  Seems pretty sketchy to me IMO. And from "Bootleg Mega Thread on Reddit "Thanks for the insight. The thing about them that kept bugging me was the fact that its twitter only has 2 followers and one of them is only posting porn lol. "

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

They showed Hikaru's 1A with the 011 Skull numbering. Bandai might bundle Hikaru's 1A with it's proper numbered Fast Packs.

Bandai always chooses to complicate their releases<_<

9deb919e.jpg

i agree, esp bc this is the lowest least desirable dyrl valk. 

i see a special version release by bandai to spice things up. Skull 11 will be so rare plp will cry bc they cannot get it:cray:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The House Intelligence Committee just questioned the Ukraine ambassador on if he has knowledge regarding the release date of Roy’s VF-1S.  
 

The ambassador responded that he doesn’t know because he only collects HMR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

i agree, esp bc this is the lowest least desirable dyrl valk. 

i see a special version release by bandai to spice things up. Skull 11 will be so rare plp will cry bc they cannot get it:cray:

Wouldn't Kakizaki be the least desirable?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Ridden001 said:

The House Intelligence Committee just questioned the Ukraine ambassador on if he has knowledge regarding the release date of Roy’s VF-1S.  
 

The ambassador responded that he doesn’t know because he only collects HMR.

;) 

 

....meanwhile candidates proposed free "Valkyriecare for all", pinpointing the fact that many macross collectors' basic need of valkyrie collection is being utterly neglected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...