Jump to content
Valkyrie addict

Arcadia 1/60 SV-51 Ivanov

Recommended Posts

Display stand (sold separately) can be attached”

 

:( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, wmkjr said:

I feel like this needs labels, because I had to look through the rest of the thread to confirm which was which. :p 

It looks.. like it should?  It's exactly what I'd expect, and it looks good, but at the same time... it's like the difference between a 2018 car and the 2019 model, feature-wise maybe?

I can't say I'm underwhelmed exactly, but not excited either.. to quote a friend recently, "I'm just perfectly whelmed."

That being said, I'll probably have room in my budget for one, and I'll probably get Nora's when it happens.  That way I can pair this one with my Arcadia VF-0S, and the Nora with my VF-0D, and leave my old Yammies paired up with each other.

What I really want is a nice 1/60 F-14B++ for Nora to shoot down. ^_^ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, this thing is...expensive.

I'm on the fence on this one, though I'd really like to have Fokker's former instructor turned nemesis to display along with the VF-0S. Maybe I'll get it if Arcadia releases the Ghost pack?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So... This is NOT a Premium Finish, but I do see very little tampo in the new images.

 

Are the images for tampo-less valk, or the sheet is tiny?

Does it make sense what I am asking? :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the sticker sheet is similar to the Yamato version there's not to much to add on for a PF version. This was the Yamato sheet:

Image result for Yamato SV-51 sticker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, it might just have the tampo included.

The VF-0D normal version already had things like the cockpit displays tampo'd, the PF seems to be adding even more markings and that awesome weathered paintjob.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d like to get doubles but that is a lot of money. Let’s see what NY sets the price at. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to see a CDJ listing also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still hoping Amazon Japan opens it up for international shipping.

Maybe they've instituted a waiting period first?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wmkjr said:

If the sticker sheet is similar to the Yamato version there's not to much to add on for a PF version. This was the Yamato sheet:

Image result for Yamato SV-51 sticker

Thanks for the info.

The big skull from the chest came tampoed, yes? :-|

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Arkham said:

Thanks for the info.

The big skull from the chest came tampoed, yes? :-|

It's safe to assume that it is.

Because it's unforgiving if it's not. It's like getting Roy's VF-0S without the Skull mark on it.

 

Edited by no3Ljm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems that finally we going to have a  Battroid mode solid

and Maybe is the view but seems Arcadia make the bicep wider and with the double join in the shoulder let the pad display in an angle that in the yamato could not be maintained plus the elbow articulation mine while in the Yamato is simple Arcadia again make double so improves the articulation a lot at least in the arms

VS.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went ahead and pre-ordered one from HLJ. Missed out on the Yamato offerings back in the day cause I was too young to afford them. Don't want to make the same mistake now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Archer said:

I went ahead and pre-ordered one from HLJ. Missed out on the Yamato offerings back in the day cause I was too young to afford them. Don't want to make the same mistake now. 

As much as I love my Yammy, and won’t replace her:wub:

I know your going to get a better product ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought a used sv-51 Nora last year for 10k yen, and the new Ivanov is 4 times the cost of my Nora.  I understand joints are crappy and Battroid and Gerwalk are floppy, but I mostly keep it in Fighter mode, so am quite happy with it anyway.

The improvements to the mold may be more apparent in Battroid or Gerwalk, but to pay 3 to 4 times the price to get a better look of these two modes, the gain seems very marginal and not justifiable to me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hmmm too expensive and I don't see too much diecast on that thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

hmmm too expensive and I don't see too much diecast on that thing.

Honestly, if you can see the die-cast, they're doing a terrible job.  It should be hidden internally, so you don't wind up with paint scraping off everywhere.

I'm not really sold on the elbow joint, and how that's suppose to be better though.. probably one of the uglier joints I've seen on a mech.

But eh.. no harm in putting an order in at HLJ.  Not sure if I'll keep it, but we'll find out. ^_^ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't want to order this and then have Arcadia announce a PF version next year. Just give me the PF already if I'm shelling out so much money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VF-1A Cannon Fodder said:

For the price of one, it’s almost as much as 2 DX 1/48 VF-1A Max(es) from YJapan.   No thanks

True. But then again, we never had problems securing one expensive Arcadia Valk compared to trying to secure a preorder of one DX VF-1’s. ^_^ 

12 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I don't want to order this and then have Arcadia announce a PF version next year. Just give me the PF already if I'm shelling out so much money. 

But you still PF-ing a PF Valk, Lolicon. ;) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

33,480¥ at NY, 5,900¥ for EMS to the states. Man they pricey on the shipping. Probably works out to just a bit cheaper than HLJ though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too rich for my blood, if i get charged custom at this price its gonna be ridiculous. Will play the long game with this one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

But eh.. no harm in putting an order in at HLJ.  Not sure if I'll keep it, but we'll find out. ^_^ 

There’s a Macross  “feelin’ cute” meme there :rofl:

Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Too many other expenses in the pipeline at the moment, so I’ll be joining the wait and see queue this time around. A PF of Nora’s livery will definitely tempt me, though, but I’m terrified of the price tag. 

On a related note, I guess I better start saving for that PF VF-0D now in case it ever sees the light of day at retail.

Edited by technoblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I don't want to order this and then have Arcadia announce a PF version next year. Just give me the PF already if I'm shelling out so much money. 

They won’t wait until next year. It will be announced right after all the non PFs ship. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1267574442_SV-51Comparison.jpg.31f754dc77def6a01c111b247f024dd8.jpg

Maybe it's just the lighting perhaps but the Arcadia appears to be a darker shade of grey with a really nice matte finish. 

I like it, I want it but $$$ wise can't do it right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

been moving house and only just saw this. purchased at AE, by far the cheapest retailer for Oztralian Macross fans.
 

looks soo good!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not available at HLJ anymore. It doesn’t show as sold out....you just can’t order it, strange.

Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheapest shipped price at NY is 36380 JPY.  I might pull the trigger later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m kind of scared this is going to be Arcadia’s last hoorah (and I really hope it isn’t). 

Seems like things have slowed down on their end. It would be a shame if they had to stop after effectively engineering the basis of modern macross toys (during the Yamato years). 

Amazing to think how far things have come from the Masterpiece Veritechs that got me into collecting (and how panned those were:p)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Archer said:

I’m kind of scared this is going to be Arcadia’s last hoorah (and I really hope it isn’t). 

Is there any reason to really think so?

47 minutes ago, Archer said:

Seems like things have slowed down on their end. It would be a shame if they had to stop after effectively engineering the basis of modern macross toys (during the Yamato years).

For whatever reason, Yamato had to stop. 

If Arcadia hadn’t risen from the ashes, that would have been that .

Arcadia certainly could be susceptible to closing down. But still,  are there any warning signs yet? Are there many shelf warmers , they’ve produced so far?  Is the cost of their products going down on the secondary market? I don’t know. They seem solvent to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Is there any reason to really think so?

For whatever reason, Yamato had to stop. 

If Arcadia hadn’t risen from the ashes, that would have been that .

Arcadia certainly could be susceptible to closing down. But still,  are there any warning signs yet? Are there many shelf warmers , they’ve produced so far?  Is the cost of their products going down on the secondary market? I don’t know. They seem solvent to me. 

I am feeling like @Archer on this, this SV-51 has been in dev for 2 years (near 3) and I can’t see why it didn’t went into production earlier. They have been reducing their PF prices for the VF-1 releases probably because they have been hit hard by the VF-1S from Valkyrie Factory. 

In fact I can’t imagine a sustainable model for a company producing only one new mold every 3 year. And I still don’t understand why they don’t plan to update their VF-1 mold to be at least on par with the Bandai engineering. 

I hope for the VF-0D PF version but it seems that it is not a highly awaited model. And we don’t know yet what is next plan for Arcadia if any

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Is there any reason to really think so?

For whatever reason, Yamato had to stop. 

If Arcadia hadn’t risen from the ashes, that would have been that .

Arcadia certainly could be susceptible to closing down. But still,  are there any warning signs yet? Are there many shelf warmers , they’ve produced so far?  Is the cost of their products going down on the secondary market? I don’t know. They seem solvent to me. 

Arcadia's development and production cycle is much slower than Yamato's was, for reasons we can only really guess at.  They're much more cautious about overproduction than Yamato, so they're selling much more limited runs, and raising their prices accordingly, I think.

They have to walk a fine line on the supply/demand chart, because many of their releases are the more niche designs.  The SV-51s were all shelf-warmers the first time around, so the price of these reflects the lower production numbers, and sales expectations.

3 minutes ago, Xigfrid said:

I am feeling like @Archer on this, this SV-51 has been in dev for 2 years (near 3) and I can’t see why it didn’t went into production earlier. They have been reducing their PF prices for the VF-1 releases probably because they have been hit hard by the VF-1S from Valkyrie Factory. 

In fact I can’t imagine a sustainable model for a company producing only one new mold every 3 year. And I still don’t understand why they don’t plan to update their VF-1 mold to be at least on par with the Bandai engineering. 

I hope for the VF-0D PF version but it seems that it is not a highly awaited model. And we don’t know yet what is next plan for Arcadia if any

I don't feel like the bootlegs are doing that much damage, because they're still more expensive than the original Yamato releases, and they're not the major competitor anymore.  I think the bottom line here is that they know they can't compete with Bandai on really any level.

Arcadia had to reduce the prices on their PF VF-1s, because they were completely out of scale with the Bandai DX.  You can factor the fast packs and missiles in there too to a point, but at the end of the day, the early PF releases were almost twice what the Bandai DX listed for.  Unless Bandai gouges to high heaven, odds are, the 1/48 standard DX VF-1, combined with TWE missiles and fast packs, would still have been cheaper than a 1/60 Arcadia PF VF-1 release.  Arcadia just cannot compete with Bandai's ability to produce lots of items at a very rapid pace.

I don't think Arcadia has nearly the same size product lineup as Yamato did either, which hurts their ability to produce products.  Smaller company, less products, less employees, and much longer development cycles.

Edited by Chronocidal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It sounds like Yamato was a business and Arcadia is more of a hobby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jenius said:

It sounds like Yamato was a business and Arcadia is more of a hobby.

I Guess , that’s always been my impression too, from way over here.

Right away Arcadia seemed to veer off the Yamato model of higher production runs.

Arcadia certainly isn’t running the usual program..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...