Hi-Metal R

joppewo

22 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

WHAT.???? Dude.....Set them free!!!

17 minutes ago, mickyg said:

Ditto!

@derex3592 Thanks for the tip on step 12 - it's tight without sliding it, but there's a gap. Doing what the instructions say to do eliminates the gap altogether.

9 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Yeah all the glowing comments have me itching for more VF-4 variants to be released asap!

HMR's tampo's arent as detailed as the larger scales, but sufficient.

My little irk is i wish bandai did away with brown pieces, but after seeing the pics, the color adds its own character to the valk.
Also, until lolicon mentioned it i didnt realise the macross kite wasn't that striking of a red. Wish it was more striking but no biggie..

Hope you have a lovely opening ceremony to HMR!

3 minutes ago, DewPoint said:

Enjoy your HMR however you like!  There is no wrong way to enjoy HMR!

thanks guys, it's just too little room so i can't open em all. the completionist in me had me get them bc it's Macross but all your pics have me damn tempted to start opening this one.  not really a fan of the vf-1 mold in particular bc it's the same old design from the failed hi metal line (reason why i barely check this thread until pre-order night and post launch to read impressions) but the enemy mecha and these new molds are pretty damn intriguing.

i actually recommended this toy to a few non macross forums (guys that don't like mechs) and they seem very happy with the look of the vf-4.   it sounds like this is a huge winner for HMR. maybe a few of them will join MW and become new fans. 

9 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

thanks guys, it's just too little room so i can't open em all. the completionist in me had me get them bc it's Macross but all your pics have me damn tempted to start opening this one.  not really a fan of the vf-1 mold in particular bc it's the same old design from the failed hi metal line (reason why i barely check this thread until pre-order night and post launch to read impressions) but the enemy mecha and these new molds are pretty damn intriguing.

i actually recommended this toy to a few non macross forums (guys that don't like mechs) and they seem very happy with the look of the vf-4.   it sounds like this is a huge winner for HMR. maybe a few of them will join MW and become new fans. 

They are more than welcome to join...the vf-4 indeed is a lovely fighter...something abt that long sexy fuselage that makes me melt...and that black mascara around the canopy......*wha* where am i...

bandai better increase their pre-order limits too stat!

9 minutes ago, DewPoint said:

So long as you have extras! No problem!

Poor HMR subject to abuse! :cray::air_kiss:

Edited by seti88

I’m happy that I have 1 of every HMR release still sealed and all multiples opened so that I can enjoy them both ways.

Still looking forward to the VF-1D next.

5DD90552-A5FA-4105-946A-A4C237949599.jpeg.c4052bbc43efff67613ac4af8493a31e.jpeg

Oh and bring on Roy’s VF-4!

7 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

I’m happy that I have 1 of every HMR release still sealed and all multiples opened so that I can enjoy them both ways.

Still looking forward to the VF-1D next.

5DD90552-A5FA-4105-946A-A4C237949599.jpeg.c4052bbc43efff67613ac4af8493a31e.jpeg

Oh and bring on Roy’s VF-4!

I never noticed the new Head with laser-fin on Roy's....

So Mykombini honored my preorder after all (when I went to my account weeks after Preorder Madness there was a notice saying they wouldn't be able to fulfill my order b/c there were too many but to my surprise my one VF-4 is on the way). Seems to be the most fun to transform VF yet. I already want more but I'll patiently wait for the repaints.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

Sh9000, what’s the scale for the VF-25? I’m starting to also look to buy macross frontier kits so far the Arcadia is way overpriced but I’m trying to see if the Macross Frontier Kit 1/72 which you assemble is better for the moment like VF-25G.  

7 minutes ago, iguanaman8989 said:

I love the look of fighter mode, it’s just so different from pretty much any other VF, and looks more like a futuristic space plane than most others.

Agreed, fighter mode on the VF-4 is beautiful. That’s likely where mine will stay, since I’m not as much of a fan of it’s battroid mode.

Interesting to note that based on @sh9000‘s photo above, the VF-4 appears to be the longest HMR valk released so far.

25 minutes ago, Fcdeleon5 said:

what’s the scale for the VF-25?

That VF-25 is from Bandai's "VF100's" line.

29 minutes ago, Fcdeleon5 said:

I’m starting to also look to buy macross frontier kits so far the Arcadia is way overpriced but I’m trying to see if the Macross Frontier Kit 1/72 which you assemble is better for the moment like VF-25G.  

Arcadia hasn't produced any Macross Frontier toys, nor do they make model kits.  Perhaps you're thinking of Bandai...?

Bandai produced a wide variety of Frontier toys at 1:60 scale, and a number of 1:72 model kits.  Hasegawa also has a wide range of Macross model kits at the same scale.

All these beautiful shots are making me antsy, I won't have mine until Saturday via DHL. BUT, my VF-4 is being delivered with none other then the big purple dinosaur himself, Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron. Now THAT is going to be a fun box to open...

6 hours ago, apptt4 said:

yes mine was posted and arrived in Melbourne today. probably get it Monday.

4 hours ago, Smacky said:

Yup got my shipping notice on Monday.

Thanks guys. Also, additional question: Did you guys just ordered one from them or multiples? And did you pay those in advance or paid it when the item got released?

I already reached out to them and I'm just waiting for their reply.

Edited by no3Ljm

3 hours ago, CrossAir said:

Mine took off from NY today. So only a few more days to go. Patience is so damn boring!

Consider it a test of character.  Patience is a virtue... a laborious and excruciatingly boring and frustrating virtue.^_^

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Thanks guys. Also, additional question: Did you guys just ordered one from them or multiples? And did you pay those in advance or paid it when the item got released?

I already reached out to them and I'm just waiting for their reply.

I ordered one from them and paid up front when I ordered it.  I think they require payment when you place the order.  If you get boned by them, I can flip my copy from Nin Nin to you, I have 2 others coming in from NY and really don't need 3.

Anyone else have to transform theirs to tighten-up head/fuselage gaps?

I had to do that with both of mine, but otherwise they're fine.

Edited by slide

53 minutes ago, Smacky said:

I ordered one from them and paid up front when I ordered it.  I think they require payment when you place the order.  If you get boned by them, I can flip my copy from Nin Nin to you, I have 2 others coming in from NY and really don't need 3.

Thanks Smacky. I will let you know. I did paid for my 3 orders during the first day of PO. I have a feeling that they probably shipped out those who have orders of one rather than multiples. Also, they finally replied to my inquiry and they told me that they're waiting for incoming stocks. And to be honest, I'm starting to get worried for my orders. :unsure:

14 hours ago, Lonely Soldier Boy said:

So Mykombini honored my preorder after all (when I went to my account weeks after Preorder Madness there was a notice saying they wouldn't be able to fulfill my order b/c there were too many but to my surprise my one VF-4 is on the way). Seems to be the most fun to transform VF yet. I already want more but I'll patiently wait for the repaints.

Mine is still in preparation from them. I placed my order last wednesday and still no ship notification. Good thing i got another one that got shipped out today from somewhere else. Have a feeling MK might not full fill it :/ 

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

One of my copies has dried glue residue on the fuselage from a sloppy worker who didn't wash his hands properly. I don't need four so maybe I'll sell it discounted. :unknw:

214938248_VF-4boxes.thumb.jpg.37c6577a5f2bba557eeaab76c2b9f7a0.jpg

Considering how many have just arrived, and more to come, and the defects or sloppy ness, it sounds like a production rush was happening. This is just our neck of the woods , let alone in Japan..

5 hours ago, sh9000 said:

7B119F02-A5FF-4977-8DF1-69CE37341F56.thumb.jpeg.beace39a51d81d0b5b69f7cf5371d28c.jpeg

:wub:

Is that VF-25 1/100 scale? Looks nice, where can I get one?

Edit: NV, saw Tekering's reply. It is a VF100 line.

Edited by kkx

5 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Agreed, fighter mode on the VF-4 is beautiful. That’s likely where mine will stay, since I’m not as much of a fan of it’s battroid mode.

Interesting to note that based on @sh9000‘s photo above, the VF-4 appears to be the longest HMR valk released so far.

I also expect that I will like fighter mode the best, but after having it on hand and try out gerwalk and battroid mode, I didn't expect to find that both of them looks so nice. I might like them more (much more) than fighter mode. That was a total surprise for me.

One of my copies has dried glue residue on the fuselage from a sloppy worker who didn't wash his hands properly. I don't need four so maybe I'll sell it discounted. :unknw:

I might buy it from you for customization or weathering project. Let me know if you really decided to sell.

214938248_VF-4boxes.thumb.jpg.37c6577a5f2bba557eeaab76c2b9f7a0.jpg

let me take a guess which one...:search:

it's the bottom one on the left.  i can tell that's the dirty worker didn't wash hands and flush the toilet after taking a #2 one:cray: am i right?

hiding it in the bubble wrap can't fool me:yahoo:

9 hours ago, Fcdeleon5 said:

Sh9000, what’s the scale for the VF-25? I’m starting to also look to buy macross frontier kits so far the Arcadia is way overpriced but I’m trying to see if the Macross Frontier Kit 1/72 which you assemble is better for the moment like VF-25G.  

1/100 scale VF100 VF-25F.  I think it still looks good in Fighter mode.  I have a 1/100 YF-29 kit coming in that will go well with this group.

9 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Fighter mode of the VF-4 is lovely and that is the mode that most of mine will stay in.

4 hours ago, kkx said:

Is that VF-25 1/100 scale?

Yes.  VF100 line.