The valkyrie (or other Macross toy) you just don't care for...

drkstar00

Seriously? MPC VF-1. Not only is it a cheap knock off of a classic, it's not even a well done knock off.

What he said. I saw one in a GameStop bargain bin for $10 so I snagged it. I knew what I was in for, I had seen them before but when I opened the box I still felt ripped off.

That...and Joke Machines. Sorry, I know a lot of people love them but I hate anything SD or Chibi.

all of the MPCs.

all variants/scales of the Bandai VF-25.

all of the Revy VF-1.

the VF-19 Kai, regardless if it's by Bandai or the upcoming Yammie.

the VB-6 Konig Monster from both Bandai and Yamato.

the Toynami Regult or anything else from Toynami.

all variants of the SDF-1 from every one that ever made it.

those are prolly it for now.

I prolly would not care for the Phalanx if Yamato ever offers it, either.

things that suck, and I therefor hate:

all 1/55 chunkies, especially the VF-1S

all Yamato 1/60 scale VF-1's (v.1 and v.2)

all of the 1/48 VF-1's

Bandai's 1/65th scale Macross 7 toys.

anything from Macross 7

Destroids

any valkyrie that isn't a VF-1 (especially the VF-0, VF-11, YF/VF-19, YF-21/VF-22, VF-25, VF-27, VB-6 and SV-51)

Yamato's SDF-1 (way too big and expensive, also DYRL? sdf-1 is ugly)

Waves SDF-1 (too small and expensive, also ugly and not articulated enough)

every other SDF-1 (old and not articulated enough, also TV SDF-1 is ugly)

Macross quarter (ugly, expensive, can't support it's own weapons)

Non-transforming macross toys (this completely defeated the purpose of transforming robots.)

anything in 1/100 scale (same scall as gundam, and therefor sucks)

anything in a smaller scale than 1/60th (too small)

anything in a larger scale than 1/60th (too large)

anything in 1/60 (what kind of stupid odd scale is this?)

anything thats "non-scale" (either SD which sucks, or is ugly)

anything that's a model kit

products made by Yamato (overpriced and fragile)

Products made by Bandai (overpriced and chunky)

all revoltechs (cheap plastic, ugly sculpts)

Products made/distributed by toynami (do I really need to explain this one)

any toy that has weathering (why the hell would I want a dirty toy?)

"exclusives" (how dare companies not make products I had no interest in readily available to me.)

things that suck, and I therefor hate:

all 1/55 chunkies, especially the VF-1S

all Yamato 1/60 scale VF-1's (v.1 and v.2)

all of the 1/48 VF-1's

Bandai's 1/65th scale Macross 7 toys.

anything from Macross 7

Destroids

any valkyrie that isn't a VF-1 (especially the VF-0, VF-11, YF/VF-19, YF-21/VF-22, VF-25, VF-27, VB-6 and SV-51)

Yamato's SDF-1 (way too big and expensive, also DYRL? sdf-1 is ugly)

Waves SDF-1 (too small and expensive, also ugly and not articulated enough)

every other SDF-1 (old and not articulated enough, also TV SDF-1 is ugly)

Macross quarter (ugly, expensive, can't support it's own weapons)

Non-transforming macross toys (this completely defeated the purpose of transforming robots.)

anything in 1/100 scale (same scall as gundam, and therefor sucks)

anything in a smaller scale than 1/60th (too small)

anything in a larger scale than 1/60th (too large)

anything in 1/60 (what kind of stupid odd scale is this?)

anything thats "non-scale" (either SD which sucks, or is ugly)

anything that's a model kit

products made by Yamato (overpriced and fragile)

Products made by Bandai (overpriced and chunky)

all revoltechs (cheap plastic, ugly sculpts)

Products made/distributed by toynami (do I really need to explain this one)

any toy that has weathering (why the hell would I want a dirty toy?)

"exclusives" (how dare companies not make products I had no interest in readily available to me.)

what the hell do you like??? LOL! :lol:

Where's the hate for the 1/100 Banpresto VF-1a/j/s? This is easily the worst toy I own (not just Macross). I know it's supposed to be a prize for those toy grabber games, but it is built so poorly. Every joint is loose and the thing won't hold any of its 3 transformation modes.

Those toys were so bad, its almost a given!!! :p

Edited by 505thAirborne

For me is the MPC's. But the time it was the only Valks that I knew off. And the other is the Revy Transformable valks I just can't get into them.

And for those guy's who hate everything, "treatment" & "anime52kb". Why are you posting on this thread?

It sounds like you guy's just want to stir the pot. And if you hate all the Macross toys in existance, Maybe, just maybe you should get another hobby, or interest.

For me is the MPC's. But the time it was the only Valks that I knew off. And the other is the Revy Transformable valks I just can't get into them.

And for those guy's who hate everything, "treatment" & "anime52kb". Why are you posting on this thread?

It sounds like you guy's just want to stir the pot. And if you hate all the Macross toys in existance, Maybe, just maybe you should get another hobby, or interest.

Huh?

Maybe you need some reading-comprehension lessons since what *I* listed from my post ain't everything. It ain't even half of what's in existence.

fwiw, I think only anime52k8 was the one who makes the all-you-can-hate post and I rather think he's just being sarcastically funny.

I dunno about the other posters, but I don't *hate* the stuff I listed. I just really didn't care for them. They're all meh to me.

It's really tough for me to hate anything, toy or otherwise.

I'd have killed for the MPC somewhere around, say... 1997 through 2000. Toynami just had the worst timing evAr by releasing in Yamato's wake (and then Bandai cashed in with some reissues, too otherwise the chunky crowd might have liked them).

I'd have killed for the MPC somewhere around, say... 1997 through 2000. Toynami just had the worst timing evAr by releasing in Yamato's wake (and then Bandai cashed in with some reissues, too otherwise the chunky crowd might have liked them).

It's kinda cool looking in Gerwalk. It's like a tank with wings!

STUFF

th_BADUMTSSSHHH.jpg

Hey guys why you gotta hate on the MPs? They have light up visors, magnet attached FPs and ladders!. That's way out of Yamato or Bandai's league! In all seriousness though the old "super posable" non transforming Toynami battroids were serious POSs the like some of Arii's figure releases.

I can kind of forgive the Bandai Macross 7 stuff from back in the day, but with the way the collectors' toy market is now, I really think the VF-25 DX Chogokin is inexcusable. Absolutely the worst modern toy, it's like Bandai did no research on their customers nor their competitors whatsoever.

myself?

all of YAMATO's early efforts, the early MAC. PLUS valks, the atrocious VF-11B with disintegrating hips,

and most especially the 1/60v.1 VF-1. what a P.O.S. that turd was!! good Effin' riddance!! :angry:

Yammie sure made up with the 1/48 VF-1 series though, the first VF toy/model to truly blow my doors off.

and many years later they blow me away yet again with the 1/60 VF-1 v.II.

every complaint i ever had about every VF-1 toy/model i've ever owned, YAMATO or otherwise,

have been so beautifully addressed in the 1/60v.II. it's the VF-1 replica i pictured in my mind

twenty years ago! as such, i heartily forgive YAMATO of their past sins, and am forever indebted to

them for making one of my greatest dreams come so beautifully true...

I can kind of forgive the Bandai Macross 7 stuff from back in the day, but with the way the collectors' toy market is now, I really think the VF-25 DX Chogokin is inexcusable. Absolutely the worst modern toy, it's like Bandai did no research on their customers nor their competitors whatsoever.

Seconded, thirded, etc. I have two DX VF-25s, and I don't really regret getting them, but there really is no excuse for how crappy they are compared with anything else made this century. No research, lousy engineering, failtacular design choices, and paint that comes off if you breathe sideways.

Ok,

Toys that are "meh". . .

1) Bandai Mac7 valks, I've got two and thought hey its cool at the time but now not so much.

2) The old school Arii non-transformable valks (either came in gerwalk or battroid modes in a bubble on a card), at the time I couldn't afford to buy the old 1/55's.

3) Toynami's MPC's, a buddy bought me a few when I lived in Japan and I thought it might be nice to display them with my Yamato's almost like a collage (sp?), but NO DEAL, Yammies look way sweeter.

4) Yamato's VF-1 V.1's super/strike debacle first releases weren't even designed to use them then later oops let's go back and sell em' modded to make up for it. Nice try but . . .

The few toys I HATE. . .

1) Yamato 1/72 VF-11, busted hips on both. :angry: Granted they broke 6+yrs later. Hell I still haven't had a "tab B" break either.

2) The prize machine toys I got from Toys R Us Japan toys, you had toy build them from pieces in tiny baggies.

Once you did get them built they looked pretty good but they fell apart if you farted in the same room, and don't try to glue them either. :rolleyes: