Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie

UN Spacy

Man, can someone please pass a note to Yamato the hand armor plates are STILL red when they should be black...reminds me back with the Vf-11 when they had the red Macross kites when it should've been low vis kites - it took one of the macrossworld members to point it out to them. :0

Holy crap, that is utterly awesome. And the shade of red looks beautiful against that background. Color me drooling.

Although... despite the double-bendy-ness of the arms allowing such a pose, that shoulder design is not being plentiful with the giving of the good feelings. It looks like they're reusing the YF-19's arm structure, which made for a nice transformation, but was also utterly ineffective at making an arm that can hold even its own weight. I mean, I'm buying it for fighter mode anyway, but I'd like to see some proof I'm not going to have to dunk both arms in superglue so they hold a pose. :huh:

Definitely....WINNING!!! I'm looking forward to getting this, and I'm also hoping they finally make the VFX-2 Ravens blue version, as well as the Emerald Force version. There's 2 variants already.

Definitely....WINNING!!! I'm looking forward to getting this, and I'm also hoping they finally make the VFX-2 Ravens blue version, as well as the Emerald Force version. There's 2 variants already.

Just to point out, the VF-X2 Ravens version is the VF-19A, which is identical to the YF-19, NOT the VF-19Kai. So if a toy was ever made of this, it would use Yamato's existing 1/60 scale YF-19 sculpt, not the newer VF-19Kai sculpt. As pointed out many times over the history of both AFM and Macrossworld, the YF-19/VF-19A and VF-19Kai/P/F/S are so diifent from each other as to be effectively complete redesigns.

Possible canon variants for the VF-19Kai toy are:

1) VF-19P (Macross Dynamite 7).

2) VF-19S Emerald Force (Macross 7).

3) VF-19F Emeral Force (Macross 7).

There are of course many non-canon variants from the VF-19 Master Files book that could be made into toys, although that is unlikely, as Yamato has so far shown no interest in doing color variations based on any of the Master Files paint schemes.

Another more likely possibilty for VF-19 toy variants is Dengeki Hobby's 'Macross The Ride', if Yamato decided to and is able to get the toy licence. There are already three (possibly 4) VF-19 variants that they could do so far:

1) VF-19EF Caliburn.

2) VF-19EFs Caliburn (officers version).

3) VF-19ACTIVE Nothung.

4) VF-19E Macross Frontier/SMS use mass-produced version (unconfirmed?/unseen as yet).

However, all the above Macross The Ride deisgns would require extensive retooling, perhaps up to 60% new parts, so this would be a big investment for Yamato.

Graham

Just to point out, the VF-X2 Ravens version is the VF-19A, which is identical to the YF-19, NOT the VF-19Kai. So if a toy was ever made of this, it would use Yamato's existing 1/60 scale YF-19 sculpt, not the newer VF-19Kai sculpt. As pointed out many times over the history of both AFM and Macrossworld, the YF-19/VF-19A and VF-19Kai/P/F/S are so diifent from each other as to be effectively complete redesigns.

Possible canon variants for the VF-19Kai toy are:

1) VF-19P (Macross Dynamite 7).

2) VF-19S Emerald Force (Macross 7).

3) VF-19F Emeral Force (Macross 7).

There are of course many non-canon variants from the VF-19 Master Files book that could be made into toys, although that is unlikely, as Yamato has so far shown no interest in doing color variations based on any of the Master Files paint schemes.

Another more likely possibilty for VF-19 toy variants is Dengeki Hobby's 'Macross The Ride', if Yamato decided to and is able to get the toy licence. There are already three (possibly 4) VF-19 variants that they could do so far:

1) VF-19EF Caliburn.

2) VF-19EFs Caliburn (officers version).

3) VF-19ACTIVE Nothung.

4) VF-19E Macross Frontier/SMS use mass-produced version (unconfirmed?/unseen as yet).

However, all the above Macross The Ride deisgns would require extensive retooling, perhaps up to 60% new parts, so this would be a big investment for Yamato.

Graham

Actually, VF-19Kai is a modification from VF-19E, Head unit is a little bit different

post-5853-0-84940000-1304011153_thumb.jpg

Man, just re-color this thing gray or white and put a standard pilot in it and it would be a grand-slam! Hell, the origianl Low-vis VF-1 wasn't anything special or complex...just gray plastic and a light gray gunpod. didn't need to have a complex paint scheme and it was arguably one of the most popular Valks ever.

Chris

Damnit, I want one just for that pose! :lol:

After seeing that pose I almost forgot what I was about to write in response to that insane flexability....... crap what was I going to write :huh: .... oh yeah, I remember now. How the heck did they pull that off without a stand????? :o

I like this thing but I am able to resist it. :)

Now that its done, hopefullly yamato gives us a good blazer valk.

The reason I am happy that this is done first is if there are any classic yamato qc issues for first release, they will probably be on the basara clown type. lol.

You rich people make me sick. Show some resistence to the valk addiction for once in your lives.. :p

Oh and since bandai have the mac f range of variable fighters all to themselves I think it's time they considered doing the valks from other shows like macross II:

Show us something new other than re-releases of VF-1 for chrissakes.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Rich people??? I just spend my money wisely, and on specific items. I also save my money, which allows me to buy these things. I'll probably also drop the addiction, when the valkyrie designs really suck, which will probably be never, so never is about the time I'll stop. I've passed up most of the Bandai VF-25s as well, so there you go.

heh I was only joking around. I was thinking of getting one. But I'm hoping one day yamato does a v2 1/60 yf-19 with all the good things this is said to have. (locking chest for instance?)

1/60 VF-11 and SV-51 were my fave yamato valks. YF-19 was meh. I want to buy this fire valk more out of curiosity than for macross 7 love. I keep thinking why yamato don't give the fans the armor for the vf-11c yet?

And armor for the vf-0? People complain they can't touch the Mac F valks but there is lots of things they can do while bandai milks that show. Forget stuff like the GNU line and instead focus on the things like a redone qrau with better joints and articulation that can also be fitted to a stand. (I'm surprised there isn't a revoltech figure of this mech yet)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Yeah the SV-51 is surprisingly agile, I'm gonna try to get my VF-22S to stand on one leg the next time i transform it ^_^

the 51 1/60 is by far the most poseable, those legs are made for kicking ass! Too bad it gets floppy after a while.

Oh and the head lacks poseability, my only gripe really.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

the 51 1/60 is by far the most poseable, those legs are made for kicking ass! Too bad it gets floppy after a while.

Oh and the head lacks poseability, my only gripe really.

The head AND arms have seriously poor articulation. I really love mine but the joints suck even after stiffening them up and arm articulation makes cool posing really hard.