HMR Macross Zero VF-0D Shin

MKT

1 hour ago, derex3592 said:

Anybody heard from Anime-Export yet????

Not yet.  I'm planning on shipping my order with other items I have stored there.  Their main page says they are in annual summer vacation from 8/11 to 8/16.  Nothing will be shipped out and there is limited customer service during that time.

1 hour ago, Tking22 said:

frakking gorgeous, I'm hyped!

Yep.  Same here!

3 hours ago, borgified said:

Getting my copy form Amazon Japan sometime next week and don't have to wait until November for the domestic release. Just of curiosity, are you going to panel line your copy @Lolicon like you usually do or keep it the way as it is?  

Yeah, same here. I went with them as Amazon Japan now ships direct to Europe and due to that deal with the EU, don't pay customs. 

Card charged today. 

I look forward to @jenius's review, and hope he does a comparison to the 0S in build, but for anyone else who now have each already, does it feel much weightier in hand compared to the 0S?

I just wonder even more considering the continuing price drop on the (Roy) 0S on Amazon and some possible connection to the weight of it.

On both my HMR VF-0D the wings cannot peg in all the way into the legs in fighter mode.  The pegs only go about halfway into the leg slots. I think the pegs or tabs (whatever you want to call them) are slightly oversize.

I may need to try carefully filling down the peg/tabs on the wings.

Here's a question that I wanted to ask for those that have the HMR VF-0d in their hands.

Since there's reports that the HMR 0s feels like it's made with a lower grade plastic and quality wise feels like a cheap KO, does this 0D echo the same sentiments as the 0s? 

15 minutes ago, borgified said:

Here's a question that I wanted to ask for those that have the HMR VF-0d in their hands.

Since there's reports that the HMR 0s feels like it's made with a lower grade plastic and quality wise feels like a cheap KO, does this 0D echo the same sentiments as the 0s? 

Haven't opened mine yet, Will let you know later when I do. 

1 hour ago, borgified said:

Still have to receive my 0D. But I wouldn't say the 0S was made with lower grade plastic. It's made with thinner plastic so it doesn't feel as heavy as other HMR, but it's a great figure nonetheless.

1 hour ago, borgified said:

I got my copy from HLJ delivered to my work today and from a glimpse into the window, I really dig the blue how it turned out.:good:

d.jpg.2b59775431f6b9754d4eca052327a992.jpg

Hello says Mr. HLJ!

Finally opened it. 

I don't have the 0S to compare, but the plastic is like a blend of SH figuarts and Robot Evas 2020 release. So I'm fine with it. 

Instructions not clear enough, should have been in colour, doesn't show reverse transformation, and not well planned, example, it shows the Gerwalk stand adopter needs to be inserted prior to locking the legs AFTER it shows how to lock the legs. 

Blue isn't seamless as the grey parts with the blue painted on it are a bit lighter depending on your room's light. 

The knee sliding out joints are bit loose, and the arms could have been tighter. The forward winglets don't have a angle lock for plane mode. 

Due to the scale, transformation requires careful steady transformation. 

Overall, a beautiful piece, great detail and the proportions perfect. And even though there's some nice heft, it does feel like a already built but firmer model kit to display. Still a definite buy. 

image.jpeg.26c1bcf15d2d4b28764141efa516a657.jpeg

Edited by Raikkonen

7 minutes ago, Raikkonen said:

Can you make a claim for the damage? 

I have already done it. But the fact that they are sold out with no intention of re-stock at HLJ, Im not sure what they can do. And I have never had any issue with HLJ, and know it was FEDEX that are at fault. Gonna do the same with FEDEX now.

30 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

I have already done it. But the fact that they are sold out with no intention of re-stock at HLJ, Im not sure what they can do. And I have never had any issue with HLJ, and know it was FEDEX that are at fault. Gonna do the same with FEDEX now.

Shouldn't one of the 2 refund you something? Even if you're an opener, mint boxes are the norm for all buyers. 

4 hours ago, Radioguy said:

That bit reminds me of reviews of KitzConcept valks, and it scares me a little.

It's also the small scale with thinner parts that creates this impression.

They probably could have used a denser yet slightly more elastic compound plastic, but that might have costed too much and even increased the weight, which adds up  when shipping out cases of them. 

But, I'm also glad they didn't go done the path of a PVC compound, sure heavier, more rubbery for less stress, but eventually hardens to easily break or becomes sticky. 

3 hours ago, Raikkonen said:

It's also the small scale with thinner parts that creates this impression.

They probably could have used a denser yet slightly more elastic compound plastic, but that might have costed too much and even increased the weight, which adds up  when shipping out cases of them. 

But, I'm also glad they didn't go done the path of a PVC compound, sure heavier, more rubbery for less stress, but eventually hardens to easily break or becomes sticky. 

Well, durability is often equated with heft, and quality as a result, so I hope they don't regret not going with that compound plastic. HMR carries a certain reputation of quality above Revoltech, Toynami, etc., so I hope they haven't tarnished that. Part of me has wondered from the reviews whether they now consider the accessories to be an adequate tradeoff compared to more invested in the figure itself, though. I'll find out today if the 0S seems similar (and if my box survived). At the price I paid I doubt I'll have as much reason to complain as others on that one.

Saying that, I'm going to wonder if Bandai Namco considers the line a success or not if the 0S price stays or drops even more. With the 0D, I anticipate picking it up (no, I didn't succumb to that eKnight price yet), but if it's comparable in quality, I'll also wonder if the current price might still drop as well. Obviously, I want the line to continue (although I'd care less if DX increased production and were more easily found in the USA), but I'm also of the opinion that at a lower price point Bandai might actually erase Toynami from the market what with their price point gap narrowing already. I guess it depends on how much Bandai is clearing per piece sold, at least in the US market.

52 minutes ago, Graham said:

So, anybody else having trouble getting the wings tabbed all the way into the legs in fighter mode? Especially the left wing.

20230816_075350-picsay.jpg

20230816_075435-picsay.jpg

Mine arrives tomorrow, if I should happen to have that issue I'll let you know. 

Is that the lighting from your camera or does your 0D have two shades or blue?