HMR Macross Zero VF-0D Shin

MKT

2 hours ago, Froy said:

Mine popped in my warehouse this morning.

But I also have a preirdered t-shirt that released last weekend, not charged yet, but already shows as discontinued.

Seems it is taking them some time to process orders. 

Going by emails from HLJ it appears they have all taken off for the Obon holiday already.

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

Yeah, glad I grabbed two of these.  I can use the spare white landing gear on my VF-0S.  :rolleyes:

I'll be really amused (read: screaming in frustration) if we start seeing them paint the landing gear on other valks after this.

It would save me a lot of hassle if they did...

18 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Not sure about white.  They still look light blue.

They do, but it looks like it's just the same shade as the other light blue plastic parts.  I'll still take it over silver. :lol: 

Maybe Bandai got wise and realized how much money and effort they could save if they just left the gear the same color as the lighter plastic parts.

so, double-checking on Hacchaka's pics, I came across this:

5524c9f4-s.jpg.66e713773ddc42e81ebe962c61359044.jpg

Yeah. The gunpod is in the way of the arresting hook.

That reminded me of the issue with the original Arcadia VF-0D non-premium that was later corrected in the VF-0D Premium Finish release:

(pic courtesy of Jenius' anymoon/scorched earth yt-channel):

https://anymoon.com/blog/?p=7715

anymoon-Arcadia-PF-VF-0D-4.jpg.046f2345b0cf71651cb61ff058d380b2.jpg

Since Jenius didn't explain the issue in his yt-review, here's one of the other YT-reviewers demonstrating the issue:

youtu.be/d2QhaF9cfbA?t=287 (timecode at 00:04:47)

So the question is...

did Bandai copied this particular quirk verbatim from Arcadia's non-PF VF-0D, or is this a particular quirk in Kawamori's design masterfile for the VF-0D ?

4 minutes ago, treatment said:

so, double-checking on Hacchaka's pics, I came across this:

5524c9f4-s.jpg.66e713773ddc42e81ebe962c61359044.jpg

Yeah. The gunpod is in the way of the arresting hook.

That reminded me of the issue with the original Arcadia VF-0D non-premium that was later corrected in the VF-0D Premium Finish release:

(pic courtesy of Jenius' anymoon/scorched earth yt-channel):

https://anymoon.com/blog/?p=7715

anymoon-Arcadia-PF-VF-0D-4.jpg.046f2345b0cf71651cb61ff058d380b2.jpg

Since Jenius didn't explain the issue in his yt-review, here's one of the other YT-reviewers demonstrating the issue:

youtu.be/d2QhaF9cfbA?t=287 (timecode at 00:04:47)

So the question is...

did Bandai copied this particular quirk verbatim from Arcadia's non-PF VF-0D, or is this a particular quirk in Kawamori's design masterfile for the VF-0D ?

No, I think it's blatantly obvious that this has been a direct copy of the design from day one.  The screw covers are all in the same spots, the details are all the same, heck, why do you think this and the VF-4 are the only models to have moving gear doors, rather than having them attached to the gear themselves?

And yeah.  The gunpod collision was fixed in later Arcadia VF-0 releases, but the VF-0D was the first new VF-0 mold they made. 

3 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Not sure about white.  They still look light blue.

Yeah, which I'm happy about... it's identical to that broken white from the ROTJ Tie inceptor. 

6 hours ago, MKT said:

Huh white landing gears.. better late than never I guess LOL

Sorry, not yet... 

This is just is too glorious... 

b5a93796.jpg

Edited by Raikkonen

6 hours ago, Froy said:

How is Nin-nin? I'm always to tempted to try them, but came across a few stories of them listing items they actually don't have stock, and then the buyer is either stuck with a long refund process or a voucher. 

8 hours ago, treatment said:

hacchaka pictorial now available!

https://hacchaka.net/archives/52098584.html

samples:

54a530c9-s.jpg.1d7e8ea88101018fddd02cb2ca813dd2.jpg

3b1434c8-s.jpg.5456432fb18a2fb753c16df0268dfc43.jpg

adfcf2d6-s.jpg.e859e2b769d91f4227f977ef6fbc0d9d.jpg

eac295ed-s.jpg.429e61c5c9a037494b69daa5834e4d12.jpg

97695a3f-s.jpg.e8e440cf1215e3a3a9f63065c101b6c3.jpg

d556d9d0-s.jpg.6d752f477516101e1884e73073844bd3.jpg

What a bluety! 😍🤪  and with a nice rainbow canopy no doubt!

liking the grey-ish? underside color as well.

this version would come really close to the premium finish if someone adds some nice panel lining.

Edited by seti88

5 hours ago, Raikkonen said:

How is Nin-nin? I'm always to tempted to try them, but came across a few stories of them listing items they actually don't have stock, and then the buyer is either stuck with a long refund process or a voucher. 

No problem with them on my pre orders, go for it 

4 hours ago, Raikkonen said:

Legit. My first preorder with them went smooth. 

If you are ordering this weekend have a bit of patience for any reply from them. Japan is closed by the Obon festival

2 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I got two.

After the disappointing 0S, I've lowered my expectations accordingly, so hoping this one won't be a letdown.

Well, on the bright side these appear to have white landing gear so that's an improvement. I look forward to seeing your 0D's all detailed up! 

I sold my Arcadia 0D a few years ago, so this HMR will partially make up for that, especially if I get two more. 😎

I'm betting the color difference is either between painted and bare plastic, or possibly different plastic types.  Looks pretty good overall though, and I think those sorts of things pop out more in photos than you generally see in person.

I'm guessing HLJ is out on vacation as well though, because my order with them has been "processing" for three days. now. :p 

1 hour ago, 505thAirborne said:

Well, on the bright side these appear to have white landing gear so that's an improvement. I look forward to seeing your 0D's all detailed up! 

I sold my Arcadia 0D a few years ago, so this HMR will partially make up for that, especially if I get two more. 😎

I might do a panel wash, but that'll be it. Don't have a lot of time for hobbies as of late, and I'd rather use that time on 1/60 scale toys.

Also, for some reason Bandai valks just feel like way more hassle to make look good, particularly HMR. :unknw:

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

I'm betting the color difference is either between painted and bare plastic, or possibly different plastic types.  Looks pretty good overall though, and I think those sorts of things pop out more in photos than you generally see in person.

I'm guessing HLJ is out on vacation as well though, because my order with them has been "processing" for three days. now. :p 

They're gone for the Obon holiday. Was waiting for one more item this month before shipping my PW anyway.

4 hours ago, betocc said:

No problem with them on my pre orders, go for it 

Thanks. :) 

3 hours ago, Froy said:

Legit. My first preorder with them went smooth. 

If you are ordering this weekend have a bit of patience for any reply from them. Japan is closed by the Obon festival

Yeah, I see some items there that are sitting on mind. Gonna try them. Thanks :) 

Just now, ValkAddict said:

Looks like some customization/correction might be needed ... d'oh!

https://twitter.com/simsim5479/status/1689975465375879168

Is it a tolerance problem?

By chrome translation I under stand that he had just to file down some parts.

My VF 1D have a problem on the part where the head is attached to the fuselage, I can't fold it far enough for fighter mode.

5 hours ago, Raikkonen said:

Thanks. :) 

Yeah, I see some items there that are sitting on mind. Gonna try them. Thanks :) 

Hobby Genki also has 0D in stock for a better price

https://hobby-genki.com/en/hi-metal-r/14365-hi-metal-r-vf-0d-phoenix-shin-kudo-use-ver-macross-zero-4573102651266.html

Edited by betocc

So far from the pics the colors look much better than Arcadia's non-PF version, especially the undersides which are a very light grey blue as compared to Arcadia's white. The wings look like they are molded in that light color, before being painted with the darker blue, hence the slight difference in shade to the fuselage which is likely molded in blue.

I do hope Bandai has opted to make the plastics less transparent unlike what they did with Roy's VF-0S.