Bandai 1/60 DX Chogokin Macross Plus YF-21

Berkut

Since the DX YF-21 has now been legitimately announced and after all those embellished teases, what does everyone think that it will be packed with? 

(1) Fold Booster, a plethora of missiles, Fast Packs

or 

(2) Bandai’s regular MO: Bare bones valk with two gun pods. Missiles and everything else is an additional $$$$ to get Bandai to make our wallets croak in agony to keep us buying their hollow worthless pieces of plastic, clown hands and clown feet attachments and shoddy workmanship. :5:

1 hour ago, borgified said:

Since the DX YF-21 has now been legitimately announced and after all those embellished teases, what does everyone think that it will be packed with? 

or 

(2) Bandai’s regular MO: Bare bones valk with two gun pods. Missiles and everything else is an additional $$$$ to get Bandai to make our wallets croak in agony to keep us buying their hollow worthless pieces of plastic, clown hands and clown feet attachments and shoddy workmanship. :5:

We will likely never see a full sets pack again, it was a one off occurrence at this point. My optimistic self would say 'wait and see' but my self that has seen the trend /since/ the YF-19 release says 'not going to happen'. Bandai probably makes more money from selling them separately if the DX 1/48's are anything to go off of, but we have the hope with a World Wide Release that they will make /far/ more stock then usual. maybe.

10 hours ago, borgified said:

or 

B is more likely to happen since they are reissuing a simple YF-19.

Yamato did the same years ago.

Firs they released the YF-19. Then they released the fold booster and fast packs set for the 19 only. Then came the bundle YF-19 with fold boosters and packs. The first release of the 21 came with packs but no fold booster. When they reissued the 21 it didn't include the packs and Yamato lastly launched the combo packs for the 21 and the 19. But only include 1 fold booster. 

If Bandai is releasing a YF-21 full set l can bet it will be a tamashii exclusive or those kind of roulte thing items.

Edited by Froy

12 hours ago, borgified said:

Can’t remember, but does the 21 even load different types of missiles in the ova/movie? 

i dont expect a similar full pack like the 19 just because the 19 had way more load out configurations (plus an arm cannon) than the 21.

That was my thinking as well. A "Full Set Pack" of the YF-21 would consist of only... what, the FAST Packs and Fold Booster? Maybe a similar fold barrier punch effect?

I was always under the impression that the YF-19's extra ordinance is only due to that one artwork of it all laid out being so iconic. The YF-21 doesn't have such a depiction IIRC.

That said, I do think a DX should include at least the FAST Pack by default. Especially on these two prototype VFs, the "Super" parts are so minimal as to be a foregone conclusion. It was actually really disappointing to see the YF-19 WWM release be SO stingy by not including them.

4 hours ago, Mog said:

No external hardpoints on the -21’s wings.  The missiles are either loaded in the FAST Packs or in those black diamonds on top of the wing roots.

I always assumed it could mount weapons under the wings, but we never saw it done, and I don't know if there was ever art to depict it.

Technically speaking, I don't even remember if there was any art or animation of the YF-19 like that either, but it always gets associated with all of the weapons seen in that one illustration.

The Yammie YF-21/VF-22 had nothing underneath or above to indicate that any armaments can be placed inside the valk itself. All we can see is the smoke trail behind the missiles from the top triangles (and maybe from underneath the fuselage of the YF-21 based on M+ if I remember correctly). 

Bandai can implement the sliding (yet hidden) hatch covers a la the VF-31, but we all know that Bandai loves to make things simple during the first production round and then jazz it up for the next stage (like the DX Leg armours for the VF-1. Super glue the covers with no colour and then add colour for the second release as the Clear Parts version [which is the up coming TWE pre-order madness]). 

Be a cheapskate with the no frills version now and then jack up the add ons as a TWE. Years later, slam us with the complete combo pack (just like the rerelease VF-25 Full Set, YF-29 Full Set and the upcoming VF-171ex Full Set after so many flaws and sloppy workmanship in the first release.

12 hours ago, seti88 said:

Can’t remember, but does the 21 even load different types of missiles in the ova/movie? 

i dont expect a similar full pack like the 19 just because the 19 had way more load out configurations (plus an arm cannon) than the 21.

here:

(scale reduced at 50% for forum)

snap-00001-.png.258e94ad76e4ae4d4215ce38492ded17.png

snap-00002-.png.6d75eab8c12071169d50be1abeae995f.png

snap-00003-.png.a2b77fc03b11d42178edcf2e89b66fcf.png

snap-00004-.png.c94d349c19c7944635e59711cc238513.png

On 10/19/2023 at 8:15 AM, MKT said:

Announcement to show off the prototype yet again. But safe to say it will be released next year to coincide with Mac+ 30th anniversary.

https://tamashiiweb.com/item_character/macross_series/?wovn=en

TNNov2023Macross.jpg.748d3d789b9a03b2bb78b6b8af9a3241.jpg

I hope that's the silhouette for the actual sample. The bay doors look longer than on the one we've seen so far and the forearms aren't scrawny.

2 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

I hope that's the silhouette for the actual sample. The bay doors look longer than on the one we've seen so far and the forearms aren't scrawny.

We can hope that it is, right? :good:

But then if you look closely at the silhouette’s backpack, that is now too short compared to the figure sample that was shown for months/years. Unless ofcourse, that’s the lineart’s silhouette (as shown below along with Fire Valkyrie) or it is indeed a new prototype sample.  :rolleyes:

IMG_9787.jpeg.1176e33a9028c3fff58bbadc0253d1eb.jpeg

IMG_9788.jpeg.e379f75f4a47ce6c0ac6bb38920696f5.jpeg

Edited by no3Ljm

7 hours ago, treatment said:

here:

(scale reduced at 50% for forum)

Thanks for the screenshots...so yeah mostly internal micro missile loadouts

forgot to reference the macross mecha manual site.....fast packs have micro missiles as well..

missile-yf21.png.3e2f4884ae88476c6d9b9a60281eb6d7.png

18 hours ago, kajnrig said:

That was my thinking as well. A "Full Set Pack" of the YF-21 would consist of only... what, the FAST Packs and Fold Booster? Maybe a similar fold barrier punch effect?

I was always under the impression that the YF-19's extra ordinance is only due to that one artwork of it all laid out being so iconic. The YF-21 doesn't have such a depiction IIRC.

That said, I do think a DX should include at least the FAST Pack by default. Especially on these two prototype VFs, the "Super" parts are so minimal as to be a foregone conclusion. It was actually really disappointing to see the YF-19 WWM release be SO stingy by not including them.

Sums up a more likely 21 DX release scenario...

8 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

We can hope that it is, right? :good:

But then if you look closely at the silhouette’s backpack, that is now too short compared to the figure sample that was shown for months/years. Unless ofcourse, that’s the lineart’s silhouette (as shown below along with Fire Valkyrie) or it is indeed a new prototype sample.  :rolleyes:

IMG_9787.jpeg.1176e33a9028c3fff58bbadc0253d1eb.jpeg

IMG_9788.jpeg.e379f75f4a47ce6c0ac6bb38920696f5.jpeg

Gah, I think you're right. That is exactly the line art's silhouette. Consider my hopes dashed.

16 minutes ago, twich said:

I wonder if it will have a plate that you put in for high maneuvering mode? Can’t wait for more pics and details.

Twich

As MKT already replied, the pic I posted looks like it has an optional belly plate for the delimeter (high maneuver mode).

FB_IMG_1698134634327.jpg

I really hope that's just the magazine photo artificially foreshortening the fighter mode, because that looks REALLY squished up front, like bizarrely out of proportion.

I kind of want to say the battroid looks a bit better?  But it's probably just my reaction to not seeing it splattered with five gallons of tampo.  Hips are still Urkel-high, canopy is still entirely the wrong shape, and the upper arms still look like spaghetti.

The arms in particular are just painful to look at.. I can't comprehend how they could blow out the backside of the thing to as big as it is, and not use any of that space to give the thing beefier arms.

If the Yamato version needed Omega Pants, this one needs Omega Arms. <_< 

6 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I really hope that's just the magazine photo artificially foreshortening the fighter mode, because that looks REALLY squished up front, like bizarrely out of proportion.

It really is that. Check the profile pics in plane mode on previous pages here. 

27 minutes ago, Raikkonen said:

It really is that. Check the profile pics in plane mode on previous pages here. 

I wouldn't say those other pictures actually look good, this one just looks even worse.  The nose has always looked far too short to me, but I would like to see an actual flat scan of that photo, as well as the facing page that looks like it details the transformation.

3 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I wouldn't say those other pictures actually look good, this one just looks even worse.  The nose has always looked far too short to me, but I would like to see an actual flat scan of that photo, as well as the facing page that looks like it details the transformation.

This doesn't look good?

IMG_1214.png

Just now, sh9000 said:

76C68330-A5B3-4392-804C-5B8F62E2F462.jpeg.38a64f94f63e4e61c7658d3f63ff3720.jpeg

Hope it comes with all of the parts and accessories shown.  Still buying 2.

Will it include 4 gun pods? Or they just forgot to remove the ones attached to the fast packs for the photo?

Also, I don't see any fold booster attachment pieces.