Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S/A Reactive Armor

Valkyrie addict

Haha that would be awesome!..if I never wanted the vf-0 to see the light of day again..or transform it

No, I was thinking dremnel and adding tabs( to the armor)

Should be a fun experiment.

When the time comes and if your experiment works, let us know. I have 3 Yamato VF-0S's. B))

Haha that would be awesome!..if I never wanted the vf-0 to see the light of day again..or transform it

No, I was thinking dremnel and adding tabs( to the armor)

Should be a fun experiment.

this should be interesting to see! I hope you get the parts to fit! be sure to post pics of your efforts!

I was hoping the price not to stretch too far beyond 15k, but i guess arcadia put it at the maximum end of tolerance. (i betcha they wanted 18100k but 17800k sounds better) :p

That aside, the build quality looks quite good. From Mr. K's past video demo, looks like its built to withstand some rough handling...

Am probably going to only get 1 due to the expensive year!

edit: And yes its likely the flash lightened the blue up quite a bit...

You can see the grey armor pieces become near white, which means the grey isnt that dark in the first place...

long story short ..am just glad the white is white!

Edited by seti88

I know we have discussed this before, but what is the justification for the huuuge missile shoulder packs? Is it line art or anime accurate?

Probably closer to 15000s after retailer discount, but still ....... that amount can almost get a bandai valk :mellow: ...

Except there is no way for most of us to get a Bandai valk these days in 2 sec windows. I've been shut out two times in a row.

Are the wings supposed to be that visible from the front? Its armor and should be able to cover the most vulnerable bits....like wings! :rolleyes:

vf-0s-reactivearmor.gif

Can't unsee it now.... :wacko:

ar54.jpg

the back piece seems to be sufficiently covering the wings as the line art shows....

vf-0s-reactivearmor-rear.gif

Still looks ok I suppose......at least they did not mess too much with the colors..... ;)

Wow. That's only 4000y less than the VF-1S with super packs. Sure, that was a re-issue of an existing mold but still...

Not only does it not transform but, other than the missile covers, I don't see any moving parts or gimmicks of any kind. In the end I'll probably still get one but that price is going to make me feel like I was cheated and will probably negatively color my opinion of it no matter how good it is. I'll probably always be comparing it to what else I could have purchased instead for the same amount (like a V2 VF-1 on Jungle or Mandarake).

Ridiculous price if you ask me, glad I don't want a set! It reminds of the the Sound Booster for the Fire Valk and the Super Parts for the VF-17's. Waaaay overpriced, and I'm sorry, but the shoulder packs are JUST TO DAMN BIG and the hands are just to small. Congrats to those who want it/need it to round out your Zero stuff though!

The lineart actually depict oversized shoulder packs....ironically....Arcadia's armor is so chunky the packs actually look appropriately sized...

Unfortunately, the PWS-0X armor is not supposed to have a "bulky" overall look....except for those shoulder packs...

The biggest problem are the super exposed wings when looking at it head-on....can't believe Arcadia didn't think of that when they "re-designed" the VF-0....it makes it look like the armor was an afterthought....HMR-style swappable wings could have resolved that...

Edited by jvmacross

Cool. Thanks for the info no3Ljm.

You're welcome. :)

I don't see any hands in the layout of all the parts. Aren't those hands just the stock ones that come on the figure?

Yup. It's the stock hands. And it's been using that since they showed the prototype months ago.

Wow. That's only 4000y less than the VF-1S with super packs. Sure, that was a re-issue of an existing mold but still...

Not only does it not transform but, other than the missile covers, I don't see any moving parts or gimmicks of any kind. In the end I'll probably still get one but that price is going to make me feel like I was cheated and will probably negatively color my opinion of it no matter how good it is. I'll probably always be comparing it to what else I could have purchased instead for the same amount (like a V2 VF-1 on Jungle or Mandarake).

Don't forget the front skirt armor tend to move based on some photos which the GBP doesn't have. So that's new. :rolleyes:

Ridiculous price if you ask me, glad I don't want a set! It reminds of the the Sound Booster for the Fire Valk and the Super Parts for the VF-17's. Waaaay overpriced, and I'm sorry, but the shoulder packs are JUST TO DAMN BIG and the hands are just to small. Congrats to those who want it/need it to round out your Zero stuff though!

Thank you. I couldn't back out now since this is the reason why I bought my second VF-0S. Though I'm thinking if I need an extra one for my Shinn's VF-0A. ^_^

The lineart actually depict oversized shoulder packs....ironically....Arcadia's armor is so chunky the packs actually look appropriately sized...

Unfortunately, the PWS-0X armor is not supposed to have a "bulky" overall look....except for those shoulder packs...

The biggest problem are the super exposed wings when looking at it head-on....can't believe Arcadia didn't think of that when they "re-designed" the VF-0....it makes it look like the armor was an afterthought....HMR-style swappable wings could have resolved that...

Remember that Arcadia is saving money from production? I don't think that's a possibility. ^_^ And besides a lot of members here will react on the 'parts-former' thing. :rolleyes:

I've been thinking about the prices of Arcadia stuff. I remember years ago I bought my 1/48 Max (Yamato) for about 13K yen. Back then it was the most expensive toy I bought (and still is). I just realized that with inflation, these prices are not surprising. I know I'm comparing 1/48 with 1/60, but still. And we don't know if their manufacturing costs have gone down either. (Have they?)

I've been thinking about the prices of Arcadia stuff. I remember years ago I bought my 1/48 Max (Yamato) for about 13K yen. Back then it was the most expensive toy I bought (and still is). I just realized that with inflation, these prices are not surprising. I know I'm comparing 1/48 with 1/60, but still. And we don't know if their manufacturing costs have gone down either. (Have they?)

If they did if ever, we don't know if it helped their company. Remember that it's not as same as Bandai where they have lots of factory per line of toy. (Assuming.) And Arcadia is still using the same factory that they've been using so we really don't know and we really can't tell unless Mr. K will put out a new blog explaining production once again. And since prices is still going up, I doubt it went down.

Edited by no3Ljm

Remember that Arcadia is saving money from production? I don't think that's a possibility. ^_^ And besides a lot of members here will react on the 'parts-former' thing. :rolleyes:

At the current MSRP....not sure how much more a swappable "short" wing part would have affected the cost...not much I think... -_-

As for the "parts-former" issue.....the collector would have the "option" of not using it.....wonder how many opt out of installing their "option parts" when displaying their so-equipped 1/60 VF-1 Battroids? I'm guessing very few....at least the side/neck covers... ;)

Anyway....this Arcadia "dress up" option can get away with the "Evolution Toys" defense I suppose....as it is "the only game in town".....

Still, the obviously exposed wings are close, if not exactly, as bad as how Toynami handled their GBP's "crotch" (which you can at least conceal by closing the wings)...except IMO leaving a forward-facing part uncovered is far worse! :rolleyes:

At their stage in the game, you'd think Arcadia would have come up with a solution....the current execution seems as if they just decided to ignore it....and hoped no one would notice.....

Shame on you Arcadia! :nea:

gallery_12176_633_16028.jpg

ar54.jpg

Edited by jvmacross