Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

I think the issue is that they just didn't sell well at all the first time around.  They stopped production on them quickly, because no one bought them when they were new.

Arcadia would probably have to charge the price they go for on ebay before they could actually turn a profit making another run.

What's funny is I'd buy the Maxl and 17D Custom there but I hate the Fire Valk.  I'd take a matte version of the 19P though.  I'd want proper fixes to the 17 and 19's garbage ankle design and the 19 needs the LERX joint fixed to work like Bandai's superior articulation.

11 might sell a bit better now that it can be sold outside Japan?  Mold would have to be updated anyway though.  I mean, it was $160 in 2011 and I bought two 11C's around Christmas the following year at HLJ for $100 each because it sold so poorly.  Then again I also can't imagine the 5000 would be MORE popular than the 11.

I'd love to see them update all of those molds to current standard, and if we ever get a VF-17T, I really hope they do the white and orange trainer scheme we saw parked in Macross Plus.  I've wanted one of those forever. :lol: 

I'm not sure what you mean about the LERX joint on the 19s though.  Better articulation might be nice, but if you're referring to the articulation on the Bandai YF-19, I'm not sure if that would work with the larger LERX panels on the VF-19s, just because they're so much bigger.  I went looking at the lineart, and those triangular panels wind up much smaller than they should be in the back view, and are completely omitted in the front view.

Also, my only experience with the DX YF-19 was to have the hip panels repeatedly pop off because the pivots were too stiff and the little plastic ball joints were far too weak in comparison (very reminiscent of how the VF-25 hip gun panels tend to pop off, rather than move).

The DX YF-19 is fresh in my mind, since I was messing with my Yamato VF-19s yesterday, and got the bright idea to do a comparison, and transform it from fighter to battroid and back.  Yeah, that was a mistake.  There's a reason the Yamato/Arcadia ones are what I transform on a regular basis.  It took me two hours to cycle that stupid thing from fighter to battroid and back, because the process involved completely disassembling the hip joints (typical Bandai construction with a 6-piece metal and plastic socket held together by four separate screws) to make the legs move enough to transform.  Yeeeeesh.

Edited by Chronocidal

5 hours ago, Mommar said:

11 might sell a bit better now that it can be sold outside Japan?  Mold would have to be updated anyway though.  I mean, it was $160 in 2011 and I bought two 11C's around Christmas the following year at HLJ for $100 each because it sold so poorly.  Then again I also can't imagine the 5000 would be MORE popular than the 11.

^ Damn. So jealous. 😮 😮 😮

Sadly high aftermarket prices don't seem to affect how well reissues do, as far as Arcadia releases go. We've seen how the VF-1Js Milia + Max, and the VE-1 turned out, and Arcadia themselves are probably scratching their heads on this too.

On contrary, YF-19 appear to be their most successful mold. The prices never really went to strato levels right from their first release, but they appear to be doing well enough on each re-issue. 

3 minutes ago, MKT said:

On contrary, YF-19 appear to be their most successful mold. The prices never really went to strato levels right from their first release, but they appear to be doing well enough on each re-issue. 

Also interestingly, while the PF VF-4 has made several rounds of restock on HLJ, the PF YF-19 never has.  I've kept it refreshing for a long time, wondering if I'd get a chance to grab a second one, but so far it's never gone back on sale.

9 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Also interestingly, while the PF VF-4 has made several rounds of restock on HLJ, the PF YF-19 never has.  I've kept it refreshing for a long time, wondering if I'd get a chance to grab a second one, but so far it's never gone back on sale.

I'm guessing Arcadia didn't produce any extras like they might had done for their other PF web exclusives. Possibly down to all the QC issues that was the likely the reason for the lengthy & repeated delays for it.

19 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I'd love to see them update all of those molds to current standard, and if we ever get a VF-17T, I really hope they do the white and orange trainer scheme we saw parked in Macross Plus.  I've wanted one of those forever. :lol: 

I'm not sure what you mean about the LERX joint on the 19s though.  Better articulation might be nice, but if you're referring to the articulation on the Bandai YF-19, I'm not sure if that would work with the larger LERX panels on the VF-19s, just because they're so much bigger.  I went looking at the lineart, and those triangular panels wind up much smaller than they should be in the back view, and are completely omitted in the front view.

Also, my only experience with the DX YF-19 was to have the hip panels repeatedly pop off because the pivots were too stiff and the little plastic ball joints were far too weak in comparison (very reminiscent of how the VF-25 hip gun panels tend to pop off, rather than move).

The DX YF-19 is fresh in my mind, since I was messing with my Yamato VF-19s yesterday, and got the bright idea to do a comparison, and transform it from fighter to battroid and back.  Yeah, that was a mistake.  There's a reason the Yamato/Arcadia ones are what I transform on a regular basis.  It took me two hours to cycle that stupid thing from fighter to battroid and back, because the process involved completely disassembling the hip joints (typical Bandai construction with a 6-piece metal and plastic socket held together by four separate screws) to make the legs move enough to transform.  Yeeeeesh.

Maybe I refernenced the wrong thing.  I just mean the Gerwalk joint+ankles make posing the DX19 in Gerwalk more enjoyable is all.  I might be the only person who bothers with that mode on the 19 though.

Edited by Mommar

13 hours ago, sjoebarry said:

Dude me too. The VF-11C is my while whale 

You must have got into the game a little bit later?  At the time it just languished.  Nobody bought them.  They weren't even selling when they were nearly half price.   I have three because of that.  The moment Yamato went belly-up suddenly it was everybodies favorite Valk, though.

Edited by Mommar

12 hours ago, Lolicon said:

VF-11 might do well as an Arcadia webshop item rather than a regular retail release. PF only of course. 

I think this is the only avenue we'll have for a lot of these odd releases.  Even with the popularity of Plus outside of Japan I think we're the only people pining for a White and Orange 17T.

Still baffling they never finished Sound Force given 7's standing in Japan though.  You'd figure they'd at least bother with a 17T mould that could be reused a few times.  Maxl's a one-off harder sell.

• 1 month later...

I don't see anything on MrK's or Arcadia-official x/tweet-pages, but Ami seems to be offering preorders for the Arcadia 1/60v2 Roy and Hikaru Strike VF-1S (both non-PFs) right now for 23,500y and Feb/2024 release:

Roy Strike-VF-1S (non-PF):

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-161452

Hikaru Strike-VF-1S(non-PF):

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?scode=FIGURE-027240-S001

new/reissue

23500y (each)

Feb/2024

hmmm I honestly have no idea what Arcadia is thinking, release this to:  

a) To not lose the Macross License for the VF 1's

b) ran out of ideas

c) easy to manufacture and have a quick cash income.

d) None of the above :D , I have no idea :unknw:

I have no effing doubt if they release a YF-21 under the Arcadia brand it would sell like crazy, maybe they lost the YF 21 Yamato bluprints or diagrams, just don't know :( , still nonetheless I might PO the both of them lol.

21 hours ago, Alex GS said:

hmmm I honestly have no idea what Arcadia is thinking, release this to:  

a) To not lose the Macross License for the VF 1's

b) ran out of ideas

c) easy to manufacture and have a quick cash income.

d) None of the above :D , I have no idea :unknw:

In all honesty, I think it's a response to Valkyrie Factory. Those two non-PF releases have been their biggest-selling Arcadia knockoffs.

It's too odd that they are doing these when the main grey market/KO talk as of late has specifically about these two.

31 minutes ago, Radioguy said:

In all honesty, I think it's a response to Valkyrie Factory. Those two non-PF releases have been their biggest-selling Arcadia knockoffs.

It's too odd that they are doing these when the main grey market/KO talk as of late has specifically about these two.

id buy it, and i'm oddly glad for it... hopefully get some more runs now to given the world wide release status. Maybe this might result in more bandai releases to? i do hope some of the other toys outside the VF-1's get releases again :<

Edited by R0P3-F15H