Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Why are their arm armors the DYRL type? Aren't they supposed to have the TV type arm armors?

That is strange. I do appreciate the color coding, but it doesn't appear to be SDFM accurate (as far as I can tell).

Guest davidwhangchoi

this is such garbage, miria has grey stripes and max's is blue is 110x better than arcadia' making them look so much better???

bandai why are you valks looking so good :angry::angry:

Same reason the 1J pilot is wearing the wrong flight suit. Bandai cutting corners again.

Looking back at the first display pictures from 2014, they had the gray fast packs. I wonder what's caused the change at this point. Just an mistake perhaps? Or maybe this display is inaccurate?

It's a bit of a shame, but not necessarily a deal-breaker.

Edit: Maybe it's the lighting in the display? Maybe that white is actually a light gray? It doesn't explain why the front portion of Max's Fast Pack is white though. I don't recall ever seeing Max's VF-1J with that before. There is a brief moment where the front portion of Milia's Fast Pack is white/light gray though. That might explain some of the confusion.

Edited by RDX17

WTF Bandai, can we stop with the random "We don't care about accuracy, we're gonna do whatever we like" crap? Those are the same colors they used on their 1/72 kits, and now they're just sticking with their home-grown nonsense again.

It's not that they look terrible, but how hard is it to follow the freaking designs and colors from the animation?

Edited by Chronocidal

Bandai went "Arcadia" on the Max and Millia colors ever since they released their recent 1/72 kits....now it looks like they gave Max the color treatment they gave their Millia.... ;)

I'd prefer the classic TV color schemes, but not that concerned.....I'll just accept them as how Max and Millia Super VF-1J's would have looked like after the events of DYRL.....

Valkyrie_04.jpg

Question guys. When you say anime accurate and TV color accurate, do you guys also consider in which format you've seen it?

ecran-television.jpg?w=440

VS

52bc0a4394c505b26a5d2d1b9cdf1091_550.jpg

OR

500px-VHS-cassette.jpg

VS

05713010-photo-blu-ray.jpg

:lol: Hahaha! My bad. just kidding guys. I forgot that THIS IS MacrossWorld.

Question guys. When you say anime accurate and TV color accurate, do you guys also consider in which format you've seen it?

Not sure about everyone else, but I am just referring to the paint job "scheme"...not the shade or hue of the red or blue....which can be open for interpretation or can vary depending on the viewing source as you point out....however, even on the crappiest bootlegs...you can tell there are no "white paint applications" on the armor or missile pods...so bandai is definitely taking some Arcadia-style liberties on the paint applications with these two....

Basically, the only canon scheme for TV-style Super VF-1J Max and Millia should look like this.....no white paint on any part of the armors or missile pods on the fast packs...the white on the Bandai HMR super Max/Millia VF-1J armor and missile parts should be grey....with that all said....these are still insta-buys! ^_^

hs1406011.jpg