• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Mog said:

Second trailer for The Expanse’s final season:

Looks like a throw-down with Inaros.  But I’m not sure what that last bit is all about though.

Looks like a pretty big departure fro the books. Hopefully they don't pull a GOT with the last season.

Also, I'm a bit worn out on Inaros. I don't remember him being around this long in the books? I may be mis-remembering though. Or he wasn't as annoying in the books. In the books I remember him being a charismatic leader (misguided). In the show he's straight up generic/evil. The generic/evil thing makes him way more intolerable and weakens the character IMO. The protagonist is always better if you have to have a internal moral wrestling match with their motivations/tactics/etc. Inaros in the show is not that.

2 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Wife and I are watching YOU on Netflix and it's way better than I expected. Really good pacing for a Lifetime series, lol.

Lifetime, LOL

I had a friend try and explain it to me and I just wasn't interested. Eventually gave it a shot. I can't explain why I really like the show. "On paper" it doesn't sound good.........................but it is. My wifey likes it too.

For the Dexter fans out there........They started the show back up. I think there are three episodes out so far. I'm really enjoying it. It's the same ol Dexter, but not. It's a nice advancement on the story of Dexter Morgan.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Dobber said:

Just saw this too. The actor definitely LOOKS and from what can be seen behaves more like how Reacher is supposed to be. I’ll give it a try…didn’t hate Cruise’s movie either.

Chris

Same on all points.  The actor has charisma and definitely the “look” of Reacher as described in the books

On 12/3/2021 at 10:56 AM, hutch said:

Looks great

Music choice for the trailer was great

Main actor has the right energy*

will have to check this out

*he played  THAD from "Blue Mountain State", I'm DEFINITELY watching this now!!

Edited by slide

On 12/6/2021 at 6:56 AM, TangledThorns said:

While we wait for Hawkeye episodes to be completed we're watching SUCCESSION on HBO MAX. It's a comedy drama that is based on the Murdoch family. So far we're into the second season and enjoy it's wild dialogue. Oh, and Brian Cox is awesome AF in it too.

Just started Succession Saturday night, it's really good, definitely going to keep binging it. 

Just finished Ep. 6 of 9 of Arcane on Netflix. HOLY CRAP! This is an AMAZING series. Not only is the animation gorgeous but the story is so well done and mature.  The first season is essentially broken into 3 parts of 3 40 min episodes…so essentially a trilogy. Well thought out and fleshed out characters really make you care. The first episode had me interested which continued well in ep 2. Episode 3 though…..damn did it hook me and it just keeps getting better and better. I can’t recommend it enough. I know NOTHING about League of Legends which is yet another thing this show does so well. It tells a story without relying on prior knowledge of the franchise. 

Seriously, look at reviews for this show, it is a masterpiece. If you haven’t seen it please give it a try. Thankfully I see it has been renewed for a second season too.

Chris

I'm three episodes into Midnight Mass, and wow is it good! Creator Mike Flanagan did a pretty competend adaption of Stephen King's "Doctor Sleep" in 2019 (the movie was better than the book IMO), and Midnight Mass feels like one of King's work when he was at the peak of his career. It's a slow burner, with the mystical elements only sprinkled in so far, but the show is so well crafted in all aspects that it's a delight to watch. Great writing, great dialogues, great acting, great camera work (those long shots...) – I hope they can keep up this level for the rest of the series.

Watched the first two eps of Expanse Season 6.

First ep definitely felt very disjointed, as they’re trying to show us what everyone’s been up to and resetting the proverbial table.

Second ep was better.  A little more focused and better story payoff.

Still don’t see the point with the little girl though.  Yeah, I know the planet is Laconia and I know its significance to the book series.  But with 6 eps only for this season, I thought the show would focus more on the whole Free Navy situation.

Finally had a chance to watch the final season of LOST IN SPACE. 

I love this show and while it's sad to see it come to an end, with any show there are things that were amazing and others that could have been better, overall I feel the whole Team & Cast of the show did an amazing job and the ending was quite satisfying IMHO. B))

• 3 weeks later...

Wait what? I had no idea that The Expanse's last episode was going to be #6. What a weird way to end the series. I thought they had left themselves enough time to finish out the story (it would have been tight but they could have done it in 6-7 more episodes). Instead the tease a couple three books worth of content and don't cash you out??? It's just.......weird.

I myself am not sideways about it because I know how it all plays out. If I was just watching the show I would feel very unsatisfied though.

That said, it's nowhere near the disaster that was the ending of GOT.

Isn’t there a bit of a time-jump for the Laconia book arc?

Based on interviews I’ve read and heard, they figured it was best to end the TV series at the Free Navy arc.

There’s been some good moments here and there this season.  Drummer’s still freakin’ awesome.  No one can cuss like Avasarala.  And the space fights have been ramped up some.  So, I’m excited to see how they end this.

One thing they added for this season is some extra scenes that you can only watch on your mobile device or desktop/laptop (the X-Ray stuff).  Unfortunately, you can’t access these scenes from your smart TV though. <_<

One other thing that’s been kinda fun to watch has been the aftershows with Ty Franck and Wes Chatham (Amos).  Fun interviews with the cast and crew, and it’s a trip to see the cast out of character.

16 minutes ago, Mog said:

Isn’t there a bit of a time-jump for the Laconia book arc?

Based on interviews I’ve read and heard, they figured it was best to end the TV series at the Free Navy arc.

There’s been some good moments here and there this season.  Drummer’s still freakin’ awesome.  No one can cuss like Avasarala.  And the space fights have been ramped up some.  So, I’m excited to see how they end this.

One thing they added for this season is some extra scenes that you can only watch on your mobile device or desktop/laptop (the X-Ray stuff).  Unfortunately, you can’t access these scenes from your smart TV though. <_<

One other thing that’s been kinda fun to watch has been the aftershows with Ty Franck and Wes Chatham (Amos).  Fun interviews with the cast and crew, and it’s a trip to see the cast out of character.

They do one more book after the Free Navy arc and then they jump 30yrs.

I get why they stopped at the end of the Free Navy arc. It's just weird that they teased out the story going forward so much.

Drummer is awesome. Her, Avasarala and Amos carry the show for me. Honorable mention for Fred Johnson. The show really fell short with Bobby, Naomi and Holden for me. Not that I was ever a Holden "fan" even in the books. Oh yeah, they NAILED Alex on the show too.

1 hour ago, Dynaman said:

Yes, roughly 30 years.  So it would be a bit of a problem continuing with the same cast.  

There is one more book where they are the current age. They could use makeup for the 30yr jump. Considering that in the Expanse universe people live to 120ish yrs old a 30yr time jump from 65ish yrs old isn't going to represent a huge physical change.

21 minutes ago, hutch said:

OMG OMG OMG!!!!