So I recently made a thread for Arrow on CW, but I just gotta make another. I believe we're in the golden age of TV, we're finally at the point when we are getting truly quality performances and stories on both basic and premium cable, there's literally something for everybody. So how about Hannibal? This is yet another series that's been blowing my mind for two seasons now, easily the most graphic and disturbing show on television, I find every episode to be pretty excellent. There are some really incredible performances throughout, Mads Mikkelsen is pretty much my favorite Hannibal since Anthony Hopkins horrified people in Silence of the Lambs, as a long time fan and reader of the Red Dragon novels I've got even more to love. Another fantastic episode tonight, the situation Graham has found himself in is hard to watch but you know there's more there than we're seeing, Hugh Dancy also absolutely dominating his role as the tormented Will Graham. My DVR is full, I've got something recorded almost every night, but I always find myself looking forward to Friday night Hannibal.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope Tking doesn't mind but since there's no replies to his subject, I decided to change it to a more general thread...

Currently I'm watching Justified, Archer and Community among other shows that either aren't worth mentioning or I just assume everyone already watches, like Big Bang Theory.

With Justified, I'm really psyched about Boyd's storyline but I think Raylan is getting too boring. I get that he doesn't use his gun until he absolutely needs to but even without gunfights I feel like he's barely part of the story. Water Goggins is pretty much carrying the weight of the show was Boyd Crowder. His fiance fell into the trap of the character either captured or in jail for the season which is never ever a good storyline for anyone on any show. Like I hope that the Walking Dead crew gets out of Terminus quick enough, but that's a whole other thread.

Two other shows I enjoyed but are done for the season are Black Sails and Sleepy Hollow. I'm really shocked how good these two shows are, since they are attached to Micheal Bay and Len Wiseman. I'm assuming that their names are tacked on to get more viewers but aside from that I don't really see anything that I expect from either. Black Sails had pretty good production value but the season ended too soon for me to judge the storyline. Sleepy Hollow on the other hand looks like your typical X-Files/Lost B grade mystery but they managed to pull off a rich story line that's fun and creepy at the same time. The last episode was great and had a great twist that more shows need to even call their episode a season finale.

Game Of Thrones and Mad Men coming back soon! GoT has it's own thread also.

Several shows I like are ending for good this season. Psych ended last week, there's only two episodes left of Being Human and six episodes left of Warehouse 13. also Helix ended last week, but at least that'll be back next year. That leaves Once Upon a Time, Vampire Diaries, and their respective spin-offs as the only things I'm actively watching right now.

For some reason I thought they cancelled Helix... guess I heard wrong. The Wonderland spin off of Once Upon A Time was cancelled last week with the last episode showing either this week or next. They'll probably end up in the regular series. The funny thing is they made a big deal about the Mad Hatter not being to work in the show because he's out being the Winter Soldier.

I don't mind, poor Hannibal, it seems you may never make it to season 3 :(. I tried to watch Helix, I gave it a solid 8 episodes. I just thought it was very boring, I'm pretty surprised it got a second season, I though most reviews were average to poor, it must have had solid ratings.

Any one planing to watch the last "How I met you mother"?

Finally! My Mondays are free!

And I don't think I'll be hooping on the How I Met Your Father-train when that comes in the Fall. 9 years was enough.

HIMYM was about as satisfying as the ending of Galactica.

I'm honestly not sure what that means.

I never got into how I met your mother, I just never found it that funny.

Was out last night so I just watched the finale for HIMYM and I think it was a very bittersweet ending to the show. I haven't seen all of the episodes and I'm pretty sure I've missed a season or two (or more) but it was a sitcom I truly enjoyed.

Currently must watch-list includes (in no particular order); Archer, The Walking Dead, The Following, Sleepy Hollow, Marvel Agents of Shield, Almost Human, Game of Thrones and True Detective.

Currently in my catch-it-if-I-catch it list; Supernatural, South Park, Family Guy, Helix (huge letdown of a premise) Key and Peele and others.

Will definitely be cutting down my time in front of the TV, especially with the summer months coming but there are a few shows I enjoy for my daily escape.

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

currently watching Suits, The Voice, and Psych just ended.

i watch Agents of Shield if i get home in time. and i'm waiting for walking dead to end before watching the entire thing. i have seasons 1 and 2 unopened on bluray so far.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

What did you thing about the ending of Battlestar Galactica?

I thought it was perfectly fine, then again some people thought it was the worse thing since sliced Hitler. I'm not sure what he thought of it.

See, I'm pretty sure that people would be OK with sliced Hitler.

For me, I figured the Mom was

Gonna die and the story was told in retrospect.

What bothered me more was the way the finale undid the last 4 years of character development, and the events of the whole final season. They spent a lot of effort actively diverting you from the conclusion, rather than letting it play out organically. Not to mention the pacing - an entire season bogged down in one weekend of story time, capped with an finale that spans 15 years. If they had given the events of the last episode more time to breathe, it would've worked better - even if everyone still ended up in the same place.

Ted has a prop for every girl. Yellow Umbrella and Blue Horn. Take him out of the equation and cut it down to 6 seasons and that would have been a memorable series. Barney was a good character but he could have been legen...

See, I'm pretty sure that people would be OK with sliced Hitler.

For me, I figured the Mom was

Gonna die and the story was told in retrospect.

What bothered me more was the way the finale undid the last 4 years of character development, and the events of the whole final season. They spent a lot of effort actively diverting you from the conclusion, rather than letting it play out organically. Not to mention the pacing - an entire season bogged down in one weekend of story time, capped with an finale that spans 15 years. If they had given the events of the last episode more time to breathe, it would've worked better - even if everyone still ended up in the same place.

Yep, 200% agree about the too much time of the last season being about "that" weekend. The finale was fine but it definitely could have used another episode or 3 to help with the pacing.

Ted has a prop for every girl. Yellow Umbrella and Blue Horn. Take him out of the equation and cut it down to 6 seasons and that would have been a memorable series. Barney was a good character but he could have been legen...

LOL - I will probably due a full series run on Netflix at some point over a long weekend. I thought Barney was pretty legendary, but what a way to end it. 31 for 31 and BAM.

I think that this article does a good job articulating the finale;

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=860040&ocid=Outbrain=obinsite

In non-HIMYM news I'm looking forward to watching The Strain and The Last Ship this summer. Hopefully they are decent.

-b.

Wednesday night is a busy night for my DVR, aside from Arrow, I also love The Americans on FX. I didn't really want to start another thread, I started one for Hannibal and got zero responses, but I just wanted to bring attention to the series. I seriously think The Americans is the new Breaking Bad, it's very dark, it has excellent dialogue, some top-notch acting, and of course, protagonists who are bad guys, like really, really bad guys. The show is amazing, and gripping, I've always loved the Cold War era spy concept, mostly because I think it's pretty bottomless, nobody will ever truly know everything that went down, who knows how complex or dramatic things got?

Not much of a TV series or Sitcom watcher here; serialized shows can't hold my attention most of the time and comedies actually tend to bore me, so I gravitate towards science and history programming. Having said that, I have been following Agents of Shield, sad to see Being Human ending, and looking forward for the second season of Sleepy Hollow, but my favorite has got to be Vikings on the History channel... what a gem.

I know I might be stepping on a land mine by talking about "Elementary" CBS but I just finished Tonights Episode, and I am surprised the show is good in spite of the Two gender swaps any thoughts on the show. I also liked "Sherlock" PBS/BBC, and I am reading some of the Books.

I love both Sherlock Holmes also. I love that elementary is not a cheesy CSI type show with a chase at the end. The 2 shows differ in the fact that the BBC version is based on the books and the CBS version is all original plot.

Did anyone see Community tonight? It was an animated GI Joe episode complete with commercials and knowing is half the battle PSA drawn 80's style.

Sorry, 316, pretty sure the spoiler period has run out on that book!

I've been urged to watch Sherlock. It sounds good. No time for new shows. Oh well.

Sorry I was not complaining about spoiler The Hound of the Baskerville is the one Novel I have read, and I also have watched the "Sherlock" version of the Hound of the Baskerville. I was saddened they did not keep the basic story of the Hound of the Baskerville No large Dog to be found.

Sorry, 316, pretty sure the spoiler period has run out on that book!

I've been urged to watch Sherlock. It sounds good. No time for new shows. Oh well.

First Two seasons are on Netflix or try PBS website you might be able watch many of their programs online from their. "Sherlock" wont be as arduous as trying to stuff a entire 20-25 episode season into a week end they only have a hand full of episodes in a season.

Has any one watched the English language version of "The Girl with the Dragon tattoo" (Daniel Craig? Runny Mara) I know its a movie.

Edited by miles316

Don't mind me, just vein' a smartass.

It's my thing.

I do want to catch Sherlock eventually, but my nights consist mainly of getting kids to bed, then doing a host of administrative things for said kids.

The only reason I was ever able to catch up on Doctor Who was holding my son on his early, sleepless nights. I love them dearly, but they do cramp my style a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Nobody watching Hannibal? Nobody? It is indefinitely one of the best shows on television, the smart, gripping dialogue alone blows over-rated garbage like Walking Dead out of the water, which is sad because Hannibal may not see a season 3 :(. Also, VIkings and The Americans, both are really amazing TV shows, I'm really stunned by the production and costume design in Vikings, but it is History channel so it makes sense.

Love Vikings but I'm saving it all for a binge watch after all the other shows are over. As for Hannibal, I would take it up again since people are saying great things about it, but the fact that it might get cancelled makes me want to wait to whether I should invest in it or not.

Love Vikings but I'm saving it all for a binge watch after all the other shows are over. As for Hannibal, I would take it up again since people are saying great things about it, but the fact that it might get cancelled makes me want to wait to whether I should invest in it or not.

I can understand that, I invested in Sarah Connor Chronicles and look what happened there.

• 2 weeks later...

Another amazing episode of Hannibal tonight, I still can't recommend it enough. Vikings really blew me away last night as well, the production design and scale is simply brilliant, there are plentiful blood and gore effects that are done well, and some great performances all around, Ragnar's son is quickly becoming a stand out character for me. Also, VICE, damn, HBO lets these guys report on some pretty tragic real-world stuff, it's very heart-breaking and informative, I recommend it if you have HBO and HBOgo.

• azrael changed the title to General TV & Streaming thread