43 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

Got Paramount+ super cheap for 3 months at $2 but their original content doesn't seem that great when compared to HBO Max and Netflix obviously. Lots of CBS prime time and Star Trek shows that I'm not interested in though Halo is coming soon this month to Paramount+. Any suggestions?

-Ink Master (even if you aren't into tattoo's the art is great). And I HATE reality shows. It says something I like this one.

-Yellowstone

-Evil

-The Stand. It wasn't great. But I'm glad I watched it.

Edited by sqidd

6 hours ago, sqidd said:

-Ink Master (even if you aren't into tattoo's the art is great). And I HATE reality shows. It says something I like this one.

-Yellowstone

-Evil

-The Stand. It wasn't great. But I'm glad I watched it.

I thought Yellowstone was on Paramount+ too but it's on Peacock now which apparently confuses other folk too. Same goes for South Park where there was COVID specials on Paramount+ but the actual series is on HBO Max. F'ing stupid TBH. 

So, Raised By Wolves season 2.

I have no idea what is going on. I hope the show creators do. They don't have very many episodes left to pull this thing back to some sort of situation where everything that is going on makes sense. I still like it (hoping for a payoff). But I'm getting worried.

Spoiler

The return of the homicidal little girl android with her "Friday the 13th" mask......man, she is creepy!!!!!:rofl:

Heh, Chris Pratt as a Navy Seal out for revenge? I did say years ago he would have been a great choice as Chris Kyle in American Sniper.

Raised by Wolves is a pure sci-fi show and its great being so, doing stuff that I don't see other sci-fi shows do and reminds me of the sci-fi books I used to read back in the 1980s.

1 hour ago, TangledThorns said:

Raised by Wolves is a pure sci-fi show and its great being so, doing stuff that I don't see other sci-fi shows do and reminds me of the sci-fi books I used to read back in the 1980s.

It's bonkers. And I like it a lot. I just hop they have a plan to tie all of this madness into a "point".

38 minutes ago, sqidd said:

It's bonkers. And I like it a lot. I just hop they have a plan to tie all of this madness into a "point".

The last couple episodes were just a lot of wtf all over the place. I mean, there’s how many things going crazy can they add and how many things can just go wrong or right or I don’t even know. If it wasn’t so entertaining I would have checked out a long time ago. This show somehow seems to have jumped the shark and doubled back to jump multiple sharks at the same time.

honestly when I first saw this show I thought it would just be a more simple conflict between the androids and the newcomer religious fanatics. I sure was wrong.

This is a show that gets better after a few episodes. At first the cast seems rather wooden, a bit emotionless and well down right clueless at first when sh*t goes south. Things start to progress and the plot expands in a good way. The main cast of students finally figure out they're in real trouble and get in gear.

Best zombie themed series ever? Not sure I'd say that , it has some flaws but after shows like Waking Dead & Fear the Walking Dead both became discount flaming toilet wine... the Korean film studios prove again that they can make some really good shows/movies and being 9 episodes in I'm all on board to see how it ends. 

The dub is so-so, best to leave it Korean w/subtitles. B))👍

On 3/12/2022 at 11:56 PM, 505thAirborne said:

This is a show that gets better after a few episodes. At first the cast seems rather wooden, a bit emotionless and well down right clueless at first when sh*t goes south. Things start to progress and the plot expands in a good way. The main cast of students finally figure out they're in real trouble and get in gear.

Best zombie themed series ever? Not sure I'd say that , it has some flaws but after shows like Waking Dead & Fear the Walking Dead both became discount flaming toilet wine... the Korean film studios prove again that they can make some really good shows/movies and being 9 episodes in I'm all on board to see how it ends. 

The dub is so-so, best to leave it Korean w/subtitles. B))👍

I binged this the weekend it came out and agreed, it's a damn good zombie series, it absolutely dunks on Walking Dead and it's various spin-offs in every way. The main thing that blew me away, like with Train to Busan, is how absolutely into it the zombie actors are. I mean, damn, they really sold the fast moving crazy infected zombie thing, big time, they literally throw themselves from scene to scene, it's incredibly intense. This series had, by far, some of the most intense zombie action I've ever seen, it was fantastic!

I'd also recommend #Alive on Netflix, not a series but a film, a Korean one, excellent zombie film, one of my new favorites by far. Korea is putting out some damn fine films and series these days, Squid Game, Hellbound, Train to Busan and Peninsula, not to mention they practically own the zombie genre now, putting whatever comes out in the US to shame, with a fraction of the budget. I'd also recommend Kingdom, I've recommended it on here before, it's easily one of the best zombie series ever made, just phenomenal start to finish, there's a tie-in movie for it as well on Netflix. 

Is anyone else checking out Our Flag Means Death on HBO Max? I binged every episode that's out last night and I really like it, it's very much What We Do In the Shadows, but pirates. It's a bit slow in the first two episodes, but it really picks up in episode 3. Really funny stuff, Taika Waititi is a pretty damn talented guy, he's a solid actor and director, he's putting out a lot of funny stuff these days. 

p21456593_b_h8_aa.jpg?w=1280&h=720

55 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

YES!!!!!!!!!  :D

Yup, this is another incredible series, I'm hyped. Who would've thought funny guy Bill Hader is also a fantastic actor? Seasons 1 and 2 were amazing, great supporting cast too, Anthony Carrigan is frakking fantastic! 

23d969952b80cc8cf521a457ade64696.gif

Just now, 505thAirborne said:

Definitely one of the best shows ever made, can't wait for season 3. B)) 

It strikes such a great balance between drama and comedy. It’s really weird how it has this unique tone.

Chris

16 minutes ago, Big s said:

The first season was good, but it felt like it ended. Not sure how this season will be.

That was my vibe with season 1, I'll for sure watch this to see what they came up with for a season 2.

Fingers crossed it's good.

On 3/19/2022 at 9:34 AM, sqidd said:

Finished Raised By Wolves. I'm underwhelmed and will be surprised if there is a season 3.

I didn’t realize it was already the last episode of the season. That show took a simple concept and went so far off the rails with crazy subplots that I have to agree that I’d be surprised if season 3 happens 

6 hours ago, Big s said:

I didn’t realize it was already the last episode of the season. That show took a simple concept and went so far off the rails with crazy subplots that I have to agree that I’d be surprised if season 3 happens 

THis is what happens when you have writers who were raised by wolves...

14 hours ago, Big s said:

I'd like to attempt the creation of a new term:

Plot line salad.

48 minutes ago, electric indigo said:

DMZ is one of my favorite comic series, but the approach from the trailer didn't look very promising.

The premise looked great. 

Add a nice heaping layer of "The Message".....and it's crap. Hollyweird does this thing where undeniable basic human nature is ignored. In this case you have a high stress high danger situation that is effectively lawless and everyone from every race, religion, social ideology, etc is hanging out together. That just doesn't happen in real life. For better or worse people sort themselves. And in a lot of cases are antagonistic to each other. One, it's just plain unrealistic and makes it all but impossible to suspend reality and enjoy the show. Two, I'm sick to my back teeth of this heavy handed messaging.

Aliens showing up would be more realistic than the social interactions they portray on the show.

14 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Reminds me of FOX's Wayward Pines with Matt Dillon.

I tried getting into Wayward Pines a few times. Like really tied. It didn't hook me. Too bad, I heard good things.

Aside from being trapped in the town From is nothing like Wayward Pines as far as I can tell. If I was going to compare it to something I would say it has more of a soft Lost feel (before it jumped the shark). Then add actual monsters and gore.:D