Yeah, I wasn’t a fan of Sheridan having a SECOND ex-wife we never heard of before Season 5.

And Sinclair’s archeologist girlfriend was probably gonna wind up on Zahadum (sp?), if he was still the main dude.

Don’t take these as me hating on the series though.  Season 3 is up there with some of my personal favorite all-time best sci-fi shows/movies.

For the reboot, it’s gonna be hard as stink to replace Peter Jurasik and Andreas Katsulas though.  I don’t envy the actors that have to step into those roles.

7 hours ago, Mog said:

Be curious to see how the story would pan out with Sinclair as the main character throughout.

Give JMS credit:  he somehow pulled off the original story despite a few major cast changes.

It actually looks like they're starting off with Sheriden instead. I wonder if Sinclair will be relegated to the B4 captain, or perhaps an occassional EF battleship captain.

Just finished Squid Game last night too.  Didn’t completely feel the ending,

Spoiler

especially since they’re obviously hinting toward a second season.

I get the main guy feeling depressed, sad that he couldn’t save his mom, and wanting revenge. . . But see your daughter first, ya’ jackass!

But to summarize, you’ll definitely get hints of Battle Royale in there, but they don’t completely stick the landing.

On 10/5/2021 at 7:46 PM, TangledThorns said:

Watching SQUID GAME on Netflix and yes, it's really good.

I'm on episode 2 right now and enjoying it. The creators of this show were definitely fans of Battle Royale... and I'm ok with that. 

Well like 99.999999999% of most video games, the X button gets spammed and mashed to death. . . much like the participants in the Squid Game!

On another note, just finished Ted Lasso.  Yes, it can be a bit cheesy and saccharine, but damn, is it so frakkin’ good!  Really good character work there.

39 minutes ago, Mog said:

The Expanse Season 6 is coming December 10:

It's been a minute since I read the books.........but that looks like a big departure to me.

I really, really like the Expanse but the last season (the Naomi Nagata show) was a mess IMO. The book it was based on was balanced between everything that was going on because everything is important yo the story. The show spend way too much time on the Naomi Family drama and it took away from everything else. And then they jammed a TON of important stuff into the last 10min of the last episode that was hard to understand. 

I have GOT fears for the last season.

Edited by sqidd

Knowing how much I scrutinized Peter Jackson's interpretation of The Lord of the Rings and how critical I was of The Hobbit, I'm glad that I'm watching The Expanse before reading the published novels. Last season didn't ruffle my feathers too much. The only thing that felt odd was the obvious change in direction that the writers implemented when they had to strike Alex Kamal's character from team Rocinante due to the scandal that popped up around the actor. I'll have to wait to read the books to see where Alex ends up there. In the TV universe, his part of the story is over.

On 10/7/2021 at 12:48 PM, Tking22 said:

Squid Game was really good overall, like others have said, I feel they didn't stick the landing, the ending was just so-so. 

Spoiler

The ending wasn't the best nor the worst, however the last few minutes kind of reminded me of the original AREA 88 OVA finale. Gi-hun was like Shin Kazama in that he couldn't let it go and move on. So close to going on with life only to be drawn back in. If there's a season 2, I'll watch it. 

2 hours ago, technoblue said:

Knowing how much I scrutinized Peter Jackson's interpretation of The Lord of the Rings and how critical I was of The Hobbit, I'm glad that I'm watching The Expanse before reading the published novels. Last season didn't ruffle my feathers too much. The only thing that felt odd was the obvious change in direction that the writers implemented when they had to strike Alex Kamal's character from team Rocinante due to the scandal that popped up around the actor. I'll have to wait to read the books to see where Alex ends up there. In the TV universe, his part of the story is over.

When did shows get so afraid of recasting?

9 hours ago, Keith said:

When did shows get so afraid of recasting?

Sometime in the last couple decades when fans started getting so vocal about everything.  If the actor had died or gotten ill they might have recast the role.

Losing the character will not have too large of an impact on the main story.  From what I remember his own side story was not that important either.  The bigger challenge is a new character taking his place, filling in that will be a problem.  Time spent introducing the character and setting up some background - and then possibly messing it up.  Hopefully the two writers of the actual books take part in setting that up.

EDIT - ACK! forgot to say December is going to be a great month!  With this and Lost in Space coming out.  Book of Fett soon after that IIRC too.

Edited by Dynaman

Recasting solves so many problems so very easily. Nowadays the show comes second and usually suffers for it. Expanse was not so bad, though they could have done his death a little better. Anvar's death just came out of nowhere. CW Batwoman was worse though. Rather than recasting RR, they made up a whole new character, dumping the entire first season in the process and making it pretty much unwatchable.

Edited by Thom

12 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

We're watching MAID on Netflix right now. It's more for the wife but it's good.

Edit: it's Good Times for white people, lol.

Since the inception of TV there has never been a shortage of "Good Times" for white people.