On 1/27/2021 at 6:11 AM, sqidd said:

Finally it was not the Naomi Nagata show on the Expanse last night. MUCH more enjoyable.

I hate Marco so much at this point that his poofy haircut makes me mad!:lol:

It was a fun episode this week. This season has me on the edge of my seat with Camina Drummer and her path, even though it's not always center stage. 

Truly, I'm waiting for that shoe to drop, but I may have to wait until next season.:lol:

46 minutes ago, technoblue said:

It was a fun episode this week. This season has me on the edge of my seat with Camina Drummer and her path, even though it's not always center stage. 

Truly, I'm waiting for that shoe to drop, but I may have to wait until next season.:lol:

I think they will wrap he current arc in this season. Big things are afoot before seasons end!

Regarding The Expanse, I’m so ready for Drummer to start putting slugs into folks.

One odd thing I noticed, I thought last week’s episode subtitled the edited message as 

Spoiler

“This is Naomi Nagata of the Roci. . . I am in . . . Nav Control.”  Whereas, this week’s message was subtitled, “I am in . . . control.”

:unknw:

Edited by Mog

19 hours ago, Tking22 said:

I'm addicted to Peaky Blinders right now on Netflix, I watched four seasons in two weeks, I'm already onto the latest season. Really good show, excellent performances, great soundtrack, it's a very solid gangster series.

I tried one getting into it. I'm having a hard time with the accents/ figuring out what they're saying. I really need to get in the groove. I hear it's s fantastic show.

I can understand Tony Beets from Gold Rush without needing the subtitles. I can't understand why I can't get the British accent. Especially considering my grandparents had THICK British accents.:fool:

14 hours ago, Mog said:

Regarding The Expanse, I’m so ready for Drummer to start putting slugs into folks.

One odd thing I noticed, I thought last week’s episode subtitled the edited message as 

Reveal hidden contents

“This is Naomi Nagata of the Roci. . . I am in . . . Nav Control.”  Whereas, this week’s message was subtitled, “I am in . . . control.”

:unknw:

Yeah, it's time for Drummer (who I love!) to start taking scalps.

Spoiler

Maybe her hack is deteriorating? Or, maybe they screwed that detail up on the show. For most shows I would bet on the latter. Not the Expanse though.

On 1/28/2021 at 11:26 PM, 505thAirborne said:

A legit reason to watch the SyFy channel again, only one episode so far (new one next week) but I recommend it. 

I've always liked him. Lovable goofball in Firefly to hired assassin for the mob in Justified.

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

I tried one getting into it. I'm having a hard time with the accents/ figuring out what they're saying. I really need to get in the groove. I hear it's s fantastic show.

I can understand Tony Beets from Gold Rush without needing the subtitles. I can't understand why I can't get the British accent. Especially considering my grandparents had THICK British accents.:fool:

I had a very hard time with the accents too, they're thick and heavy, especially when Tom Hardys character shows up, he's got a real mouth full of marbles accent going. I watched nearly the entire first season with subtitles, by then I was sort of used to it, especially the main cast, there's a lot of characters that speak The Queens English/Proper English, and it can be a bit much at times.

If you can power through it, it's definitely a great show with an excellent, quite expansive cast, lots of A list talent involved.

32 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

I had a very hard time with the accents too, they're thick and heavy, especially when Tom Hardys character shows up, he's got a real mouth full of marbles accent going. I watched nearly the entire first season with subtitles, by then I was sort of used to it, especially the main cast, there's a lot of characters that speak The Queens English/Proper English, and it can be a bit much at times.

If you can power through it, it's definitely a great show with an excellent, quite expansive cast, lots of A list talent involved.

I'm a big Tom Hardy fan.:good:

2 hours ago, electric indigo said:

Did you see the 2017 "Taboo" miniseries?

41 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

I did and it was really good. Per Wiki there is supposed to be a second season, right now I doubt we'll see it :unsure:

Yeah, loved it! I was really hoping for a second season.:(

I was just thinking about The Expanse. If I remember correctly in the books the rocks killed billions. In the show it's millions. Maybe I remember that wrong. If I don't I wonder why they chose millions opposed to billions for the show? Too gruesome?

The Expanse

WTH was that? That last episode felt really rushed and I was actually confused about what was going on at times despite having read the books and knowing what was going on. They spent 3 episodes futsing around with the Naomi family drama and then jammed a whole bunch of super important stuff into the last 5min of the lest episode??? The big battle was really confusing and seemed way too rushed.....at least to me. This is the first time I have been disappointed with The Expanse. I sure hope they don't pull a GOT for the last season.

Spoiler

When they killed Alex off I was super confused. I didn't know what they were talking about. I thought I was listening to a massive continuity error. In the books Fred Johnson died of an aneurysm. I was like "Did they forget they killed him 5-6 episodes ago?" Then I realized it was Alex, who didn't die in the books. I looked up what was going on after the show. Apparently he (well, the actor) was accused of sexual misconduct in 2020 after the show wrapped so they killed his character off. Looks like Bobby is going to be taking his place in the quartet? Maybe that Earther that was piloting the Roci will be the pilot now?

I'm going to miss Alex.

I’m surprised that was the season finale.  Kinda was hoping for more of a resolution.

Spoiler

So, Free Navy and Laconia Empire all for the final season?!

Yeah, the rock tosses and Amos’ backstory were the highlights of the season.

But I was expecting more of a head-on throw down with Inaros and the Free Navy on one side and the Roci and Drummer and whoever else on the other side.

And I felt so sad for that bottle that Amos dropped. RIP expensive alcohol! 

1 hour ago, Mog said:

I’m surprised that was the season finale.  Kinda was hoping for more of a resolution.

Reveal hidden contents

So, Free Navy and Laconia Empire all for the final season?!

Yeah, the rock tosses and Amos’ backstory were the highlights of the season.

But I was expecting more of a head-on throw down with Inaros and the Free Navy on one side and the Roci and Drummer and whoever else on the other side.

And I felt so sad for that bottle that Amos dropped. RIP expensive alcohol! 

Spoiler

I don’t know where they’re planning on ending the series. A lot happens in the next two books. There is a kerfuffle over who controls the ring gates if I remember correctly between the free navy and UN forces/The Roci. The Martians/Laconians are completely MIA and no one hears a thing from them……for a long time. They eventually come back with some super advanced ships using Protomolecule technology and they take over the Ring Gates and the solar system. The main protagonists spend a book fighting a guerilla war in the ring gates against the Laconians.

I wonder where in there they’re going to stop. Or if they’re going to fast forward through all of that and kind of make it all into one “event”. The natural stopping point would be after the Laconians come back and take over the solar system. There is a big pivot from that point forward.

I finished off Raised By Wolves last night.........and I'm not sure what I think of it. It starts getting really weird and not a lot is explained (I suspect intentionally). It's left open for a season 2 where things go bonkers and hopefully some stuff is given some explanation. 

I have to say that there is a lot of subtle stuff going on that shows the writers were not just throwing stuff up on screen. Hopefully all of it pays off.

Right now I'll give it a C+. The right second season could raise the grade of the first....if that makes sense. I'm glad I watched it. It didn't compel me to stay up all night binging it though. Which is my test for if I really like a show.

3 hours ago, sqidd said:

Right now I'll give it a C+. The right second season could raise the grade of the first....if that makes sense. I'm glad I watched it. It didn't compel me to stay up all night binging it though. Which is my test for if I really like a show.

Yes it does - the first season of Babylon 5 was boring as heck for the most part but became must watch material after seeing the second season.  

1 hour ago, Dynaman said:

Yes it does - the first season of Babylon 5 was boring as heck for the most part but became must watch material after seeing the second season.  

B5 was starting to get its footing towards the end of Season 1.

Curious how the story would have panned out had Sinclair’s actor been able to continue.

Gotta give JMS credit for figuring out a way to pull off that change mid-story.

Finally started watching the latest season of The Expanse (I like to wait till I can binge at least most of it an episode a night).  Two episodes in is good, not too much Marco (who was a lame character in the books too) and a good bit of Amos (who is one of the best characters in any medium).

Just a reminder that ALIEN RESIDENT might be one of the best shows on regular TV in a long time, I recommend it! 

CLARICE on the other hand, rather disappointing if not simply bad. If you're hoping for either Jodie Foster or Julian Moore's take on Agent Starling simply toss that out the window. Apparently NBC owns the rights to Dr. Lecter so you won't see him either. Maybe it will improve but my Magic 8 ball says "Outlook not so good." 

Watching more of The Expanse last night and got to the part where Amos is told that that killing someone and taking their stuff simply because you need it is wrong and his response is "I have to get back to my crew".  I'll say it again, one of the best characters ever written, and Wes' acting is perfect for it.  I saw an interview with the actor on youtube and he is nothing like the character he plays.