Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

This song auto played in my mind when I saw that caped battroid picture from masterfile :

"saber rider...and the star sheriff *whip-sound* of the star"

I had forgotten all about this show until now. Ahh memory lane...

• 3 weeks later...

For the ones who still have a[ny] VF0 in their collections...

Does it look like a brand new mould, or is the chest/back area and the legs the same from the old VF0 toys?

Eagerly anticipating this!

Looks all brand new to me. Definitely new backpack, legs and feet - ankles look to be a revised design.

Looks all brand new to me. Definitely new backpack, legs and feet - ankles look to be a revised design.

Minus the ankles, wouldn't all of those things have to be new anyway? I don't really see why they wouldn't revise everything anyway, otherwise you would have parts that seemed really antiquated engineering-wise along side parts that seem modern. It would be like the VF-27 re-release only much older and worse.

d0wlIby.jpg

Embed that crap yo :D

I'd been up for 18 hours straight, worked 9 of them and looked after a baby for half the rest. It was 12:30pm. i was lucky i remembered how to hyperlink ;)

i dont thnik u can tell if it's all new or not from this, however I'd be very surprised if it wasn't. I suspect we'l start seeing new Macross Zero product with all new molds soon.

Edited by Scream Man

Looking at the backpack piece shown in the picture it looks like the same design can be used on the A, S and D. Looks like the D tail fins are attached to the usual place on the backpack via a linkage. Or maybe the linkage goes somewhere under the backpack. You can see where the A/S style tails would attach to the backpack piece shown in the picture.

I haven't had a Zero in a number of years so I can't do a direct comparison, but looking at the picture it seems like the D model has the moveable air brake and removable forward section of the conformal tank (this allowed swapping with a piece that had a mount point for the missile pod).

After looking at the Zero pictures on AnyMoon I can't say that I can see any differences in the backpack, back panel, head-hole panel or chest. That's not to say that this mold isn't an improvement since the pieces I had the most problem with on the Zero were the shoulders and ankles and I can't make any judgements about those from this picture.

Edited by Matt Random

Guest davidwhangchoi

oh man i'm so sorry! i was watching wrestling and didn't see i had this box open.... deleted post

i'll just add it's going to be a great year with all these macross toys coming out and then capping it next year with the 0d

Edited by davidwhangchoi

new smaller hinge on the backpack means new molds for the backpacks and added canard wings means new molds for the front chestplate. Everything will be new with this bird for fittings also.

Not necessarily a new upper chest, since I think the canards attach to the intakes, but they might remold the underside lip of the chest to let the canards sit flush.

So shades of grey aside (ha ha ha) any comments or concerns about how the hinges on the wings will hold up over time, or do we view that as a non-issue?

-b.

The hinges on all of the flaps on the VF-4 have been holding up quite well if that's any indication.

The hinges on all of the flaps on the VF-4 have been holding up quite well if that's any indication.

Good news then. My VF-4 is boxed, I've never removed it. Sold an extra awhile ago, but I never dared to transform it.

I really hope the VF-0D does well in sales and is a quality release, I really want a v2 VF-0S that's re-worked from the feet up.

-b.

Not necessarily a new upper chest, since I think the canards attach to the intakes, but they might remold the underside lip of the chest to let the canards sit flush.

They're not reusing any parts from the old toy... complete redesign. Remember one new mold every year. This is the one for 2015. ;)

Oh, I don't doubt they'll make all new molds, because the quality of the processes has changed so much. I'm only wondering if they're building the CAD from scratch, or using the old models as a starting point, and just updating them. No reason to redo what already worked before.