Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

I love it. The panel lines look much finer than the deep canyons the older VF-0's had. The chest piece looks proportionally narrower too, although when I compare to the 0S, it looks about the same. It could just be the longer torso due to the double seat cockpit. The older Zeroes look kinda squat in comparison.

Actually, the VF-0D is the same overall length, nose included. It's just that components are shifted around similar to the way the VT-1 is, and the canopy is a little closer to the nosecone than on the A or S. They might have to push the heatshield closer to the cockpit to make it longer.

If the intake fins are molded in one piece with them, I don't think I'm too concerned about their strength. They obviously won't take any kind of drop well, but they'll probably be fine as long as you don't leave pressure on them. If you keep the gunpod loaded, it might keep them from even touching on a flat surface.

I am cautiously optimistic that this will be a nice companion piece to my Yamato SV-51 Nora-type. And I really like how the wings form a flared skirt/cape in battroid mode.

I know it's too early but I'd love a revised SV-51 to be a companion to this beauty.

Yeah, an improved SV-51 would be an easy upgrade for me, if Arcadia ends up going down that road. And, much as I enjoyed Zero, I was thinking of keeping my display for the show small (limited to two Valkyries).

Edited by technoblue

Are we sure that these are indeed die-cast arms? Realistically, I see no other reason for those parts to be bright glossy gold on the test shot, but you never know.

Pretty cool nevertheless. The 0D was the valkyrie I admired the most when watching Macross Zero [first ever macross thingie I watched as an adult going into the hobby].

It will be glorious and I'll be putting one pound aside each day for it until its release day. Will probably have cash for 2 but it never hurts lol

Would love the 0S, 0A and also 0B!

There are so much additions, I can't decide what I prefer most between: reactive armor, super parts or ghost!

Well, if they decide to make a 0S or 0A the only thing stopping them from mixing and matching the different parts for the 0B and 0C is sales projections.

That looks good no matter hw many times it's looked at :p

Wondering if I shd choose between this or a 0S (whenever it's gonna get reissued) or get both...

Get this, then if you don't like it and once it is sure that 0S is getting remade then sell the 0D. Better to get both in the end, because they're the two main guys!

Edited by close313

They may not keep gold. I think it's a promo thing to show off the diecast.

They almost didn't keep gold with the Getters from T-rex but they asked the fans.

He's joking because it's colored gold in the photo.

Edited by Mommar

That plastic in particular was bad all around. It wasn't even limited to the VF-0s, my old YF-19 has some of the same types of cracking on certain parts. On my VF-0s, it wasn't just the shoulders either.. every part made made of that same texured plastic has developed spiderweb-style crazes and cracks all over them.

I took apart the knee joints on one of mine, and the insides of them looked like shattered glass from all the cracking. They were just thick enough not to fail catastrophically like the shoulders tended to. I soaked them in superglue from the inside, and they've held up ok since then.

If I do wind up buying a v.2 VF-0S/A, I'll probably find some crazy way to customize the ones I already have.

I remember reading somewhere that Yamato had stated that the shoulder problems with the original VF-0 releases wasn't the weakness of the plastic that was used per se, but due to how the plastic that was used reacted with other plastics used for adjacent parts, having a corrosive effect.

LEGO tires will slowly dissolve the wheels they're on, if you keep the tires on for years. (which is of course what most people do). Maybe LEGO's fixed this now, but if you happen to have like some 1990 or 1995 LEGO wheels around---try pulling the tires off. It'll probably take a lot of effort, and some of the hub itself will peel off with the tire.

Oh, I'm referring more to the type of wheels that used technics axles, not the original metal ones. I don't think I own any from the period before they became the common treaded tire you see today.

Anyway, given the quality of the past few releases, I seriously doubt they'll have these sort of issues again.

I know that rubber seal of the 0s that were on seemed to corrode on its own as well, which is what I think they were referring to. For some reason, my 0s never had the arm breakage. Even when I sold them, they were pretty solid. Still, after sometime, it freaked me out to transform them, so I sold them all.

I know that rubber seal of the 0s that were on seemed to corrode on its own as well, which is what I think they were referring to. For some reason, my 0s never had the arm breakage. Even when I sold them, they were pretty solid. Still, after sometime, it freaked me out to transform them, so I sold them all.

Actually, one of them you sold had it's arm randomly crumble last week...