Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

yeah, i'm pretty disappointed. not enough people complaining. i expect more.

Maybe because no one cares for Macross Zero.

Or because it's easier to design a Valkyrie to look screen accurate when it is based on a existing 3D-Model.

No one knows! *du dudu du dudu* :)

I wonder how many hard points are on this thing? The Master File is pretty loaded out with four per wing. The CAD here only looks like they have room for two... possibly a third.

I think they only show two clearly, the wingtip one, and the one the big boxy missile pack is mounted on. But if you look at the underside of the wing closely in that half-battroid pic, it looks like there's a another fixed hardpoint poking out around the edge of the intake strake.

Also, going by panel lines in the views showing the top of the wing, it looks like the upper panel on the wing to cover the hardpoints extends inward to about the wingroot. There's plenty of room there for another mount, it just might not work in battroid.

Edit: Yep, I dunno if the quote will work properly, but one of Tochiro's close-ups of the VF-0D CAD drawings shows a third hardpoint clearly in blue.

Edited by Chronocidal

Ah, I didn't catch that one. Thanks. It's pretty close to the second one. I wonder if they'll actually try to sneak in a fourth that absolutely won't work in anything other than fighter on the extreme inside too. It would look very cool to have a fully loaded 0D like in that Master File photo.

Guess I'm Nobody :D

The D looks too big and clunky to me. I'll definitely be tempted once the 0S comes along.

You're not alone Matt. I'm hoping for a new 0S Focker too. Although a stealth colored D with a full Ghost and wing load out could be interesting...

Just looking at the Hi-Metal thread a moment ago I do hope Arcadia has come up with some ways to open up the hips/articulation in the legs on this thing. Since the VF-0 and 1 are pretty much exactly the same in that regards the Hi-Metal threaded reminded me that while I love the Yamato stuff the Battroid mode on the Hi-Metals is still more poseable/fun. It would be nice if Arcadia could work some of that additional poseability in to this new mold.

Guest davidwhangchoi

imagine if it's the same mold as the vf-0s and they just added a two seater and tacked on the wings :wacko: jk ;)

this looks exciting. i guess all we can do is bite our nails and wait for a prototype

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I hope not! I have one of those and the panel lines are giant deep trenches... they are the same level of detail of the 1/48 - but would be way too clunky next to the fine panel lines of the current v2 1/60s. I hope its a new mold, it can be based on the transformation mechanisms that were engineered for the original VF-0s so they own the intellectual property rights for the ideas. Just tighten everything up. I'd definitely go for it.

Guest davidwhangchoi

oh no!!! two people were biting their nails watching too much walking dead and ate more than they needed to chew. who's going to send photos of their toys left out to rust or make Mospeada figures now for MW???

Mr. K, it's your fault for not showing a prototype sooner to alleviate our fears of anime magic not being able to be overcome.

Folks, please calm down. the CAD for this is FAR from final.

Save and I spoke with Mr.K directly at Wonderfest and most of the points that you have expressed concern about are things that he is well aware of and that are currently still being decided upon.

He is also aware of the Phenix misspelling.

The man is a professional and knows his stuff, as do those who work with him. Suddenly throwing English Tweets or emails at him when the poor guy doesnt speak a word of English doesn't help anyone.

Everyone's passion and enthusiasm is appreciated - it's what keeps new toys like this being produced.

But tempering it with some patience and cultural understanding helps.