Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

Tokyo weather report.

Heavyish snowfall today, some flights and trains are affected.

Not going to be fun waiting for the show to open tomorrow. Also good chance some dealers won't make it.

Just did a 7km walk in the snow with a Curry wurst and Gluehwein break.

Tokyo weather report.

Heavyish snowfall today, some flights and trains are affected.

Not going to be fun waiting for the show to open tomorrow. Also good chance some dealers won't make it.

Just did a 7km walk in the snow with a Curry wurst and Gluehwein break.

Oh how I miss Gluehwein!

So I wanted to through in my two cents on the why the VF-0D. Yes it is not a hero valk but my reason for this would be because Arcadia needs to establish itself as company that can attract new collectors and old. They also need to show that they can be innovative and not just produce remolds. The Macross Zero line is probably due for an anniverery (which helps), and the VF-0D is new. I also think that if the VF-0D is a solid build and fixes the issues with the VF-0S/A lines, then not only will this attract new collectors but also old as well. Plus the design of the VF-0D and VF-0S are very similar so design improvements should carry over easily. I also think they are going with the VF-0D as way to rethink the Ghost for the VF-0S. As we have seen, Arcidia has not allowed for the old fold booster of the YF-19 to work with the new one even though it would only take new mounts. They are probably doing something similar with the Ghost. It will be easier to build one valk versus two. Finally, the VF-0D, just like the VF-1D, VE-1, and VT-1 were always the ones that people passed on until they became rare. Makes sense to start with a non hero valk to get people thinking, "I should buy this now knowing it will not be made again." Once they hook you on this non-hero valk, we are more inclined to buy the hero valks to accompany them.

someone in Japan,

Please mug Arcadia reps who are on their way to the WF.

Snatch their bags and post pics of whats inside already!!

If theyre cancelling their travel because of the heavy snow, please ring their door bells for me!

*shrieks while pulling hair*

Thanks,

someone in the US

EDITED : cant wait for this to happen...I wonder what's the censored item below the VF-0D.

Edited by aaajin

So I wanted to through in my two cents on the why the VF-0D. Yes it is not a hero valk but my reason for this would be because Arcadia needs to establish itself as company that can attract new collectors and old. They also need to show that they can be innovative and not just produce remolds. The Macross Zero line is probably due for an anniverery (which helps), and the VF-0D is new. I also think that if the VF-0D is a solid build and fixes the issues with the VF-0S/A lines, then not only will this attract new collectors but also old as well. Plus the design of the VF-0D and VF-0S are very similar so design improvements should carry over easily. I also think they are going with the VF-0D as way to rethink the Ghost for the VF-0S. As we have seen, Arcidia has not allowed for the old fold booster of the YF-19 to work with the new one even though it would only take new mounts. They are probably doing something similar with the Ghost. It will be easier to build one valk versus two. Finally, the VF-0D, just like the VF-1D, VE-1, and VT-1 were always the ones that people passed on until they became rare. Makes sense to start with a non hero valk to get people thinking, "I should buy this now knowing it will not be made again." Once they hook you on this non-hero valk, we are more inclined to buy the hero valks to accompany them.

I think you're forgetting, it was just the second design they were working on before the company split.

It'd be cheaper to finish a prototyped bird, then start a new one.

Personally, I think the VF-0D is a gamble.

Regardless, I'll buy it, so bring it on!

Yeah, flights, trains, Busesd, etc are affected.

The big guys are at the show as they setup yesterday.

Many off the smaller and private dealers usually only setup on the day.

Haven't been to a show in some time as these g-kits are not to my liking.

, way different from shows 15+yrs ago.