Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Got in my Amazon VE-1 order, plus something from Mandarake, and a month+ of stuff I'd had waiting to ship from FromJapan's proxy service.

20190531_165037.thumb.jpg.95043da0909cf1fe912ba0cd0d326a05.jpg

Spoiler

20190531_165648.thumb.jpg.260320905669a237fda70bfddec6e6fa.jpg

The Kotobukiya Sanka Mk B is from Mandarake.

The Organic Sanka Mk B, the Spitfire, the Hayabusa, and the F-4 are from an auction.

The Bandai stuff is all from proxy P-Bandai/Tamashii Web Store orders. Jesta Cannon, Jesta Shezarr, 1/100 Base Jabber, 2x HG TR-6 Hazel IIs, RG Banshee VN/BS, and a pair of 1/48 DX Chogokin missile sets.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

4AF66301-3508-4416-B40A-06971E6F22C2.thumb.jpeg.0594dfa072966e1eb6e3adca8a49892b.jpeg

Marvel Legends Professor X for $20 after using a free Target gift card.

6EE10B52-9AD4-47BF-8A01-39151C5BC69E.thumb.jpeg.9753ffe913cfbb98d8e95efc55c5fbe5.jpeg

Hot Wheels 1/50 Batman TAS Batwing x2.

C47A6CFE-F881-4888-BF4E-37E8F18CCD5C.thumb.jpeg.2ad33fd73e7d97130084000fa45b4c74.jpeg

Marvel Legends Skullbuster x2.

1F3210C9-70CF-4DF2-BB4D-32271B7EDC8F.thumb.jpeg.d327b442ff3d86307516683ff3a3613c.jpeg

B3C3C4F1-602C-4099-90E3-557EAFD1A4D6.thumb.jpeg.a6b3278decb44b83b22daa984810b9fa.jpeg

EECDEB0A-ABCE-458F-8A03-A5F25601CC60.thumb.jpeg.a42e4983180950b2854b85e1dc48a1d7.jpeg

3C6D7865-D43A-4561-A516-A914EA93BE57.thumb.jpeg.ee2d8c721ebc63614e5b433578d86ea3.jpeg

NECA Alien vs Predator Arcade Dutch and Linn, Chrysalis Alien, Razor Claws Alien, and Arachnoid Alien.

Edited by sh9000

13 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

Did you get another Xavier, @sh9000?

Hey @vlenhoff

Thanks for messaging me, inquiring why I have not been around MWF much recently.

Last week was Spring semester final exams week at MIT, so I have been hosed with paper-writing and studying for the past month.

Now, I am doing some vacation traveling. Currently visiting the Tampa area for a few days, then off to Fort Lauderdale, then back home before visiting relatives in Japan and Korea.

Wait... is there an upcoming pre-order madness coming up soon that I am forgetting?  

6 hours ago, sh9000 said:

1F3210C9-70CF-4DF2-BB4D-32271B7EDC8F.thumb.jpeg.d327b442ff3d86307516683ff3a3613c.jpeg

NECA Alien vs Predator Arcade Dutch and Linn, Chrysalis Alien, Razor Claws Alien, and Arachnoid Alien.

This picture confuses me quite a bit.. are those figures partly cel-shaded? :blink: 

Edited by Chronocidal

5 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Hey @vlenhoff

Thanks for messaging me, inquiring why I have not been around MWF much recently.

Last week was Spring semester final exams week at MIT, so I have been hosed with paper-writing and studying for the past month.

Now, I am doing some vacation traveling. Currently visiting the Tampa area for a few days, then off to Fort Lauderdale, then back home before visiting relatives in Japan and Korea.

Wait... is there an upcoming pre-order madness coming up soon that I am forgetting?  

@Shizuka the Cat, I hear ya, we are all busy, and i am glad you are done with finals. I hope you enjoy your vacation!

Yes, we are close to pre-order madness , and i know you helped a lot of people back then. I think it was only fair to give you the heads up, just in case you wanted to order one yourself. You helped others, so i am trying to pay it forward.

I was one of the unlucky ones who had to pay inflated prices for the TV Max, but hey, I want to have that 1/48 vermilion dream.

The new pre-order is for the 1/48 DX Hikaru 1S, an it is on Sunday at 2am? (central time), I think...

2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Thanks!

Yes.  I buy multiples to keep in my collection and this is my fourth one.  First time I’ve seen one at Target.

Ha, I've done the same with my Black series collection. I found a few Han Solo figures on sale, and bought them, a few years ago. Same with Stormtroopers, and imperial officers, but you gotta have a few of those. I also got an extra Obi wan, and red arm C-3PO on sale, to be able to modify them to fit the land speeder. Yes, they don't fit in it out of the box... I find Hasbro's lack of planning... disturbing.

1927283729_Letmeseeyouridentification.thumb.jpg.2d8f3c3ecba68e7d71a811712938efcc.jpg

I had to cut extra material from 3PO on the hips to be able to sit like that, then paint the cut areas and the arm gold. Then i painted his leg silver. I had to give Obiwan cloth robe pants i bought on ebay, so he could actually fit in there. Lukes robe is also from a seller on Ebay. It is a little better than the one he comes with. Not pictured here are all the stormtrooper joint pins. I painted all those white pins flat black, so they look less toy-like, and more natural. Also not pictured here is all the damage i added to the landspeeder. I painted it to look closer to the movie version. I guess i need to update this picture, lol.

Edited by vlenhoff

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Nice job @vlenhoff!

Thanks @Slave IV, but i have to voice my gripe a little bit, if you don't mind. How does Hasbro produce a vehicle to carry those essential characters from the movie, and yet they don't make the figures to all properly fit in it? Is there no planning in their design/production department? It is like producing a barbie vette, yet she wont fit in it. Maybe thats a bad example, but I think you see what i mean. 

18 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

Thanks @Slave IV, but i have to voice my gripe a little bit, if you don't mind. How does Hasbro produce a vehicle to carry those essential characters from the movie, and yet they don't make the figures to all properly fit in it? Is there no planning in their design/production department? It is like producing a barbie vette, yet she wont fit in it. Maybe thats a bad example, but I think you see what i mean. 

Haha, yeah Hasbro sucks but they have the license to two of my all time favorite brands so they get too much of my money. 

I have the exclusive version but haven’t opened it yet. I’m trying to get a decent deal on SHF Farmer Luke to use with it but regret missing when I saw it for around $20. 

3 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

Ha, I've done the same with my Black series collection. I found a few Han Solo figures on sale, and bought them, a few years ago. Same with Stormtroopers, and imperial officers, but you gotta have a few of those. I also got an extra Obi wan, and red arm C-3PO on sale, to be able to modify them to fit the land speeder. Yes, they don't fit in it out of the box... I find Hasbro's lack of planning... disturbing.

1927283729_Letmeseeyouridentification.thumb.jpg.2d8f3c3ecba68e7d71a811712938efcc.jpg

I had to cut extra material from 3PO on the hips to be able to sit like that, then paint the cut areas and the arm gold. Then i painted his leg silver. I had to give Obiwan cloth robe pants i bought on ebay, so he could actually fit in there. Lukes robe is also from a seller on Ebay. It is a little better than the one he comes with. Not pictured here are all the stormtrooper joint pins. I painted all those white pins flat black, so they look less toy-like, and more natural. Also not pictured here is all the damage i added to the landspeeder. I painted it to look closer to the movie version. I guess i need to update this picture, lol.

Very cool @vlenhoff

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Haha, yeah Hasbro sucks but they have the license to two of my all time favorite brands so they get too much of my money. 

I have the exclusive version but haven’t opened it yet. I’m trying to get a decent deal on SHF Farmer Luke to use with it but regret missing when I saw it for around $20. 

Oh i deeply respect Hasbro/Kenner, I really do. But you know, they did GiJoe, and they fit in every vehicle... So it is not like this is new to them... anyway... I'll stop my first world rant here :5:

Thanks @Rogueload!

3 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Yeah, G.I. Joe was great back in the day. That’s all I have good to say about Hasbro. Not a big fan of the company but they got me by the balls, lol. 

Oh they definitely got me way further than that! :pardon:

So cleared out my warehouse from HLJ and got the following:

20190602_144523-1164x873.jpg.a7eeb1cf2ca516761a7aa77e4074c361.jpg
The Galaga fighters are a gift for my dad (his bday is coming up).

The M7 dvds were a gift from my mom, she found them at a goodwill, for a $1. It's eps 1-27 so guess what I get to do soon. Seems someone had unloaded your kids anime collection because she also found (not pictured), 3 vols of Captain Herlock (did not mis-spell that), 7 vol of Trigun, and 5 of Excel Saga. 

On 5/24/2019 at 12:29 AM, Keq said:

Hi all first post just got a 1/60 vf-1a with super/strike parts will need some work but I'm happy I found one

dtsReMl.jpg

C7oTM7F.jpg

The canopy film was the first thing I noticed and both shoulder joints are cracked

71sftMw.jpg

I have a set of shapways shoulder joints new but no more Yamato or Arcadia valks.  PM me your address and shoot a few dollars for shipping and I’ll send them for free.

Received this from CDJapan today.

ACCESS FLASH!

20190603_213554-M.jpg

20190603_230420-M.jpg

Generally, I'm not a fan of combining robot type toys but SSSS GRIDMAN was a really good series and each of the individual assist weapons have a charm that I just can't explain.

I just got and opened this so haven't messed around with it much but it pretty much defines definitive to me.

Hellboy.thumb.jpg.ea3c291b6385eab6295067c7b85153ae.jpg

I will never need another Hellboy figure again! Only thing I would say is it needs a dedicated Excalibur wielding hand. I'm fine with the articulated one.

Edited by Slave IV

8 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I just got and opened this so haven't messed around with it much but it pretty much defines definitive to me.

Hellboy.thumb.jpg.ea3c291b6385eab6295067c7b85153ae.jpg

I will never need another Hellboy figure again! Only thing I would say is it needs a dedicated Excalibur wielding hand. I'm fine with the articulated one.

I wish I couldve gotten in on the exclusive but I didnt know about this figure until a few weeks ago :lol: Bought the regular and im happy with it even though I want that sword :wub:

The Marvel Universe continues to expand. Marvel Legends Emma Frost, Hope Summers, Sub-Mariner x3 and Erik Killmonger x3 (bodies for custom Reavers) and FFF Marvel Legends Wendigo are on their way.

Edited by sh9000

1 hour ago, anubis20 said:

I wish I couldve gotten in on the exclusive but I didnt know about this figure until a few weeks ago :lol: Bought the regular and im happy with it even though I want that sword :wub:

It looks amazing right? People talk about figures looking like they jumped out of a screen which I don’t think is usually a great thing but this looks like it jumped right off a page of Mignola’s art and that IS a good thing to me!

I hesitated for a while before I decided to go with the exclusive because it adds up to about $45 to get a sword and a couple of horns in a sack tossed in the same box but in the end, I was counting on this being definitive so I figure might as well go all in. I’d be happy either way but I bet you can find a suitable sword for a lot less than $45. 

Well, it finally happened. I missed the 1S preorder, even thought i tried for an hour, but!

HMR Brownie finally adorns my HMR. You gotta have a brownie! or 9! They are like stormtroppers, leave me alone!

This is my first brownie, and this is my most comprehensive Macross collection, ever. This is how Thanos felt after he snapped his fingers, and sat down for that sunset.

1662363852_brownie4logos.thumb.jpg.931019f5f29022dd3255ac0427acecd5.jpg

I am not collecting every color in the HMR line, but i want to have all the different types and configurations. Oh crap, i forgot about the GBP! Meh, i got 1/48s to cover that. They are massive.

No Thanos for me.

Edited by vlenhoff
There are 4 kite logos in this picture, so cool.