So what's next from Yamato?

jvmacross

@ jvmacross, I just drooled all over my keyboard (luckily I couldn't see it from my iPad, that's a no-drool zone).

@ locidm, It looks like a custom 1/48. I remember a forum member was working on one a while ago but I lost track of their progress.

-b.

No love for the SDP-1 Stampede?

For those not familiar with this beast of a Valk, Link courtesy of the Macross Mecha Manual;

http://www.macross2....ossga/sdp-1.htm

I would pay VF-4 money for one.

-b.

sdp-1-stampede-battroid_small.gif

Would totally buy three of these!

Would also totally go for that massive 1/60(?) prototype Destroid Monster that Yamato showed way back ~2002-2003 that was like three feet long. Sure it'd be $500 but who cares? It's just money, lol.

@ locidm, It looks like a custom 1/48. I remember a forum member was working on one a while ago but I lost track of their progress.

-b.

that's definitely the same one, I recognize the in progress pics. looks like he finished it.

Yamato should grab the M3 license.

VF-9 Cutlas

VF-14

VF-3000

VF-5000B

Variable Glaug.

How many of those valks have been made yet?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

one thing to note with all those valks from what I can see Yamato will more likely take something that has a reference the VF-5000B, VF-4 and the VA-3 all have already a model built by studio eye so it would make sense for them to use that as starting base for future products.

I'm so confused...yet oh so excited for whatever this may be...

Please be a VF-0D or YF-19 renewal (name still pending lol)

Personally I'm hoping for more mecha from the games and such.

VA-3 Invader, VF-9 Cutlass, VF-14 Vampire, VF-3000 Crusader...

So many great VFs. Although I can't say I'd be unhappy to get a VF-0D or a VF-11 in the Ravens scheme.

I still need to get my hands on a VF-17, tho. Too many toys, not enough money.

I would definitely go for a VF-0D. My VF-0A shoulders cracked so bad that I have to pack it back into the box. My VFoS was riddled with missing parts that I did not bother to look at it anymore (sold it to a friend a year later).

With Yamato's experience with the VF-0 mold, I believe they can dish out a beautiful and problem free VF-oD.

Just saying.

I would definitely go for a VF-0D. My VF-0A shoulders cracked so bad that I have to pack it back into the box. My VFoS was riddled with missing parts that I did not bother to look at it anymore (sold it to a friend a year later).

With Yamato's experience with the VF-0 mold, I believe they can dish out a beautiful and problem free VF-oD.

Just saying.

Visit Veef's shop to get the replacement parts for the shoulders; http://www.shapeways.com/model/566409/fighter-variable-zero-right.html?li=productBox-search

And visit my shop to get the C/D conversion parts; http://www.shapeways.com/model/777967/fenix-trainer-conversion-kit-a-type.html?li=productBox-search (no head-unit yet)

Some assembly & painting required... :ph34r:

Considering a toy of the TV version does exist in the same scale, I'd much rather see Battle Frontier get made before a TV version SDF-1. The old Takatoku was a quality enough toy for it's time and still holds up well enough visually as a placeholder for that version of the ship... But no Battle 7 toy has ever been made period, so far as I'm aware.

Wouldn't mind having a TV SDF-1 sooner or later, but please, PLEASE Yamato, fill some of the void for toys that have never been made before!

On board for the variable Glaug, Cutlass, and VF-14. Considering my previous landlord sold the house and I was forced to choose between having a VF-4 and having a new home, I'd love to see some variants (you don't know how close I came to sleeping in a Yamato box after seeing some of the reviews - sigh, it took me almost six months to save up four hundred dollars and it ended up going to a new landlord. Thank god my credit score is finally high enough I didn't have to do the security deposit ).

If Yamato stays away from the pastel colors in the game, I think the Max and Milia versions could actually look pretty cool (personally rich dark reds and blues could make the touches of yellow look a lot less silly). Of course I'm still hoping for a Hikaru.

If the bird is the word I suspect a Jamming bird. Not that it couldn't be a Sturmvogel or Pheonix, but somehow Jamming bird seems far more on point with the crack from Jenius, but we'll see at Winterfest (although in the sv-51 vs. VF-0 thread Graham did tell someone it would be wise to hold of on a VF-0, so the VF-0 pheonix is definitely a bird that could rise from the ashes of its original design and Yamato DID consider the VF-11 to be a failure. . . hmmm ).

The one thing I don't understand is if they do make the VF-0D, how are they gonna get that whole dual seater cockpit assembly going in battroid. But hey, what do I know, that's probably the least of Yamato's worries considering some of the technical feats they've put out in the past couple years...

The one thing I don't understand is if they do make the VF-0D, how are they gonna get that whole dual seater cockpit assembly going in battroid. But hey, what do I know, that's probably the least of Yamato's worries considering some of the technical feats they've put out in the past couple years...

They might have to increase the length of the sliding mechanism some to do it. With the VF-1, the cockpit remained mostly the same size, and they just scrunched the seats. I don't think you could do that with the VF-0D, because the canopy just seems much longer on it.

Yeah, the canopy on the VF-0D, IIRC, is almost 1.5x to 2x the length of the standard one seater canopy. If they do make the -0D though, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Don't know why they didn't start off with the -0D in the first place, what with it being THE iconic valk of Macross Zero (even more so than the -0S in my opinion).