DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

If otherwise satisfactory retailers who aren't charging you up front can't fill orders, that's no one but Bandai's fault because of their shite production numbers. Saying you don't trust these guys or those guys despite the fact that their track records are otherwise pretty good outside of these newer Bandai valks seems like an unfair rush to judgement. Obviously some retailers have longer track records, but declaring you won't order from someone else because you "think" they won't get you your toy is lame unless you personally have dealt with them before and they f*cked you over.

What's lame about it? I happen to like HLJ and I've never had any problems with them so I throw them my business whenever I can. What's it to you that I don't want to shop at some other place? Those other guys may be really nice and dandy chaps but I haven't been shopping with them for the past 10 or so years.

For me it's not a big deal that I have to wait a little before they open preorders. My search has been pretty casual so far and I haven't lost any more sleep than I usually get. If I don't get one, I don't get one. I already have the one I wanted most (Ozma). The blue one is just icing on the cake.

I already have a preorder for two 171s from HLJ so if I have to, I'll consider an even trade with someone who has an extra G instead of customizing that second 171 into a different scheme.

What's lame about it? I happen to like HLJ and I've never had any problems with them so I throw them my business whenever I can. What's it to you that I don't want to shop at some other place? Those other guys may be really nice and dandy chaps but I haven't been shopping with them for the past 10 or so years.

Dude, chill out, because I wasn't talking about folks just "preferring" to shop at one place over another. I was talking about folks that express their mistrust negatively towards reliable retailers (i.e. talk sh*t about them) despite never having even dealt with them before just because they kept their preorder window open slightly longer than other stores. I've got love for HLJ as much as anyone, but I think it's lame that people are shooting down stores like Nippon Yasan who have great service and aren't charging anyone up front for preorders. If that wasn't you, then calm down and make sure to really read stuff before you take it upon yourself to get offended ffs. Sheesh.

Aw, I thought I was being pretty chill too B))

I still don't see what's lame about someone deciding not to buy from a place because they think that a certain store can't fulfill a preorder. All you have to do is look at stores like hlj and amiami, look at the situation with Bandai, and you can make a pretty good educated guess at it.

I'm gonna hedge my bets that a store that has a preorder window open for several days or weeks is going to have a lot of problems fulfilling orders. Am I absolutely certain? Of course not. There's always a chance that they might fulfill every single one of their orders...but that chance isn't very high (again, look at the situation for all the renewal VF-25s and the Durandal). Furthermore, I wouldn't want to go through the hassle of cancelling the order if I'm able to get the preorder with my preferred dealer (many reasons for this, especially if you have to pay up front).

The only place that anyone has really talked shi*t about so far is ishoptogo. There's a whole thread about it and I think the shi*t talking was valid in that case. I don't recall anyone shooting down Nippon Yasan (don't feel like going through whole thread right now)...just expressing doubt that they can keep that preorder window open for so long.

There's a whole thread about it and I think the shi*t talking was valid in that case. I don't recall anyone shooting down Nippon Yasan (don't feel like going through whole thread right now)...just expressing doubt that they can keep that preorder window open for so long.

There were a few shots towards Nippon Yasan, but whatever... ishop2go deserves the feedback they got for sure. I think I'm just over all the panic mode speculation going on right now. I've got no beef with you preferring HLJ because they would've been a first choice for me too if I didn't need my sleep. ^_^

At this point, is it too late for HLJ to put any pre-orders in?

Is their page truly a placeholder or did they really sell out within the first couple minutes they put up the VF-25G page?

It is strange that most other stores have had their pre-orders already, but we're still waiting on HLJ. They normally don't take this long to make pre-orders available.

I blame Bandai for this situation. It gets worse and worse with each subsequent release.

I had plenty of time to put in for the YF-29 preorder. I don't think I even did it the release day and I was able to get it from AmiAmi.

Alto's 25F stuck around for a bit on AmiAmi, as in I didn't have to camp the site.

Ozma's 25S wasn't entirely too bad in finding if going through HLJ.

The VF-171EX took a lot of camping and luck.

Now the 25G has thus far been unobtainable for pre-order through HLJ even after this long.

If they had already sold out of pre-orders, you'd think they would just say so when asked about them via email. Who knows though.

With how closely everyone here has been monitoring HLJ, I would figure at least one person would have been able to get an order through if it had actually been open for any amount of time... but then again, this is probably the longest they've had a placeholder listing up (assuming it's not actually just sold out).

HLJ will need to put in their order to Bandai for these units, and it seems like they're just waiting on confirmation of how many they will actually get. Yes, it sucks that we wall have to wait for this to happen, but at the same time, I'd rather know for certain if I'm getting one over keeping my fingers crossed on a smaller e-tailer.

I only read this thread up to page 23. But I would like to say how funny this whole thing is of people staying up in the wee hours of the morning just to get a chance to buy this stuff,

I hope one day we will be able to look back at this and laugh at how desperate people were to get their hands on these toys.

Here you have a bunch of fans wanting to give bandai their money and they won't take it! lol It's really pathetic.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Yep, its really kind of sad when you look at the big picture. Actually, luckily most of us are older and have the monetary means, I would feel really bad if I was still a kid that loved this (probably more passionately than us old folgies) and can't afford it. It would have been out of my financial realm when I was in highschool when I was first exposed to Macross, I still remember when the Gold Book first came out and I had the first printing in my hands (came back to it for a few weekends to look at it, and admire it) when an adult came in and literally bought it out of my hands. I had to save up for a year to buy it back then - but that memory has never left me!

I would feel really bad if I was still a kid that loved this (probably more passionately than us old folgies) and can't afford it.

Geezus... can you imagine kids trying to convince their parents to buy them these toys for Christmas? lol.... It's crazy to think that a lot of the valks in my collection are each worth an Xbox Elite Kinect bundle. Man... wtf did I get myself into by starting to collect these things. haha

I only read this thread up to page 23. But I would like to say how funny this whole thing is of people staying up in the wee hours of the morning just to get a chance to buy this stuff,

I hope one day we will be able to look back at this and laugh at how desperate people were to get their hands on these toys.

Here you have a bunch of fans wanting to give bandai their money and they won't take it! lol It's really pathetic.

To be fair, it's like 2 or 3 people staying up. The rest of us get our sleep with our laptops next to us with an alarm that detects any changes on a specific page.

Edited by xrentonx

Geezus... can you imagine kids trying to convince their parents to buy them these toys for Christmas? lol.... It's crazy to think that a lot of the valks in my collection are each worth an Xbox Elite Kinect bundle. Man... wtf did I get myself into by starting to collect these things. haha

Yeah, my parents would have said no for sure. Well, my mom. My dad would have bought me one. He bought me my first valkyrie back in the day. It was the Jetfire repaint of the old VF-1S. Still one of my favorite shopping moments ever with my dad. I asked him for it, and after he bought it, he asked, "Are you SURE you want this one?" I said yes, and he then promptly threw the store receipt in the garbage and said, "Don't tell your mom how much it was." B))

Yeah, my parents would have said no for sure. Well, my mom. My dad would have bought me one. He bought me my first valkyrie back in the day. It was the Jetfire repaint of the old VF-1S. Still one of my favorite shopping moments ever with my dad. I asked him for it, and after he bought it, he asked, "Are you SURE you want this one?" I said yes, and he then promptly threw the store receipt in the garbage and said, "Don't tell your mom how much it was." B))

Awesome... my dad would act like a hard ass at the store, but he'd usually be the one to throw down on my new robots too. I think dads in general can just relate to collecting hobbies more than moms can.

Great story pud. :)

Thanks!

Awesome... my dad would act like a hard ass at the store, but he'd usually be the one to throw down on my new robots too. I think dads in general can just relate to collecting hobbies more than moms can.

Yeah for sure. My dad was definitely the one that bought me all my favorite stuff as a kid. Off the top of my head, I can remember he got me Metroplex, Ultra Magnus, and the GI Joe Rolling Thunder. My dad also understood that I wasn't one of these kids that always asked for stuff. I rarely asked for anything, but when I did, it usually meant I had given it a lot of thought, and kept my grades up.

Edited by pud333

The current Macross goods are not for kids.

Under what situation I would buy a U12 a squad of VF-25?... After doing the math, maybe never.

On the other hand, I've got at least 2 for every new DX VF/YF myself.

I'm awaiting for that moment with my son. Although there would be two versions; i) I get him an expensive toy; ii) he finds me getting an expensive toy for myself.

Edited by ff95gj

Hi guys, anyone know why Bandai is making these valkyries so limited? Maybe I just didn't see the answer back in this thread. I remember all the Yamato VF-1 versions (at least the ones I wanted) were easy to pick up.

Hi guys, anyone know why Bandai is making these valkyries so limited? Maybe I just didn't see the answer back in this thread. I remember all the Yamato VF-1 versions (at least the ones I wanted) were easy to pick up.

I'm starting to think Bandai hates money, LOL.

I don't have a perfect answer but some say that Bandai has only so many production lines contracted. Even if the number of pre-orders shoot up, they are unable (won't pay the effort to) adjust the planned quantity.

Macross is never the cash cow for Bandai. I think these days the Kamen Rider, LBX, One Piece and Gundam product lines dominate in the director board.

"I want to assign more product lines for Macross."

"And produce fewer Gundams? Blah!" "Hahahahahahaha!"

(Regardless how Gundam Age is doing badly... maybe)

Edited by ff95gj

But if Bandai hadn't gotten ahold of MacF, MacF wouldn't exist. They pretty much funded the show.

Yeah that's how I remember it. If Yamato ever gets the license, it will be a long time.

As the VF-171EX comes with functioning hardpoints on the wings, I wonder if some time later, Bandai will release a version 2.5 of the VF-25 with the wing hard points added.

Mind you in the TV series and movies, I think we never see the VF-25 carrying missiles on the wings. IIRC, the only place we ever see the VF-25 with wing-mounted missiles is in the PS3 games.

Graham

As the VF-171EX comes with functioning hardpoints on the wings, I wonder is some time later, Bandai will release a version 2.5 of the VF-25 with the wing hard points added.

Mind you in the TV series and movies, I think we never see the VF-25 carrying missiles on the wings. IIRC, the only place we ever see the VF-25 with wing-mounted missiles is in the PS3 games.

Graham

The VF-25G did use wing mounted speakers in the Gallia IV episode. Wonder if Bandai are going to do a renewal version of those parts.

The VF-25G did use wing mounted speakers in the Gallia IV episode. Wonder if Bandai are going to do a renewal version of those parts.

That's true, I forgot about those.

Graham

Wing-mounted missile also appear in the VF-25 Master File

While the Master Files are nice books, I don't think they are considered canon, are they?

Graham

Super Pack VF-25 were having reaction missiles under the wings in episode 17.