DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

wating 2x of armored ;)

Nice. Thanks for the comparison pics. Such a difference it makes when the hips aren't so close to the bottom of the chest that it looks like it has no torso. I'm trying to decide if I should keep my version 1. If I do, I think I'll leave as it currently is in fighter mode and have the renewal displayed in battroid. The version 1 looks passable in fighter mode with the armor packs on, but that's about it.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

I never owned the V1's. And my V2 armors are on their way to me now.

But I recall people saying the Armor for the V1 caused stress and cracks on the valk (or maybe it was cracks in the armor)??

whatever it was, I hope the issue doesn't turn out to be similar for the V2 armor.

I never owned the V1's. And my V2 armors are on their way to me now.

But I recall people saying the Armor for the V1 caused stress and cracks on the valk (or maybe it was cracks in the armor)??

whatever it was, I hope the issue doesn't turn out to be similar for the V2 armor.

The armor caused a split in the plastic in the corner of the right wing hinge on mine due to stress caused by being pulled tightly by the peg under the wing inserted into the leg armor.

Other people had other issues with theirs including the plastic just disintegrating outright in many places.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Does anyone know a fix for loose hip joints? I transformed my Ozma for the first time last night to get ready for the armor parts, and Ozma can't even stand :( made me quite mad.

I did not have a lot of time so I transformed him back to fighter mode sadly. My alto is able to stand, but also has a slightly loose right leg.

Edited by Loop

Does anyone know a fix for loose hip joints? I transformed my Ozma for the first time last night to get ready for the armor parts, and Ozma can't even stand :( made me quite mad.

I did not have a lot of time so I transformed him back to fighter mode sadly. My alto is able to stand, but also has a slightly loose right leg.

First thing you could try is tightening the screw in the back of the intake area of the leg.

First thing you could try is tightening the screw in the back of the intake area of the leg.

I'll give it a try, I tried on the loose leg on my alto but the screw won't budge.

Edit:

I was able to get the screw to un-tighten and then I re-tightened it up and it really made no difference. If I remove that screw can I remove the whole leg from the ball joint easily?

Edited by Loop

Yes, you can disassemble the hips rather easily. Just unscrew that one screw behind the intake and voila the ball joint is free. Just be careful to do it over a table or hard floor and not over carpet. The hip assembly contains one small bit of plastic that can fall out and can be easily lost. You'll see what I mean when you take it apart. Anyway try adding nail polish to the ball joints first. Then reassemble. Add more nail polish if it's still not tight enough after you put it back together.

I've had to reapply the nail polish once already. Now I've just given up on having Alto and Ozma standing in their armors long term. I'm just going to display them in Battroid mode on the display stands. Using super glue on ball joints like the youtube video above might be a permanent solution but I don't have the balls to do that right now.

Edited by mass driver

Thanks guys, I will give it a try. I was thinking of trying to make a glove for the ball joint out of rubber if I can figure that out, or wrap the joint in something then reassemble. Something that hopefully out lasts superglue / nail polish because I think those solutions crack over time.

Edited by Loop

Maybe a small piece from a latex glove? Hell, even shoving a piece of scotch tape or saran wrap into the ball joint might work. The nail polish does crack and fall off. That's why I had to reapply it. I just got tired of taking the darn leg apart over and over.

Edited by mass driver

Maybe a small piece from a latex glove? Hell, even shoving a piece of scotch tape or saran wrap into the ball joint might work. The nail polish does crack and fall off. That's why I had to reapply it. I just got tired of taking the darn leg apart over and over.

Brilliant, I do have some latex gloves that I use for when I am working on cars.

I'm not sure if the latex from a glove is durable enough to be a permanent solution either since the friction could just cause it to tear and/or roll up in tiny bits. Perhaps supergluing it to the ball? I think it might still be too thick.

Would sand papering the ball for added roughness and applying a layer of acrylic work?

Wondering if you were successful OzmaLee74? I put a coat of clear nail polish over the plastic part of the ball joint last night and reassembled it. Today I transformed it to batteroid with the same results....... I may have to give it a few coats. It's like a night and day difference from my Alto. When I opened up the section that hold the ball joints nothing looked wrong. I almost wonder if I can fit something under the tiny piece that comes out of the intake to raise it a bit, which should grip the ball joint better. Will be a mighty hard task to accomplish though as the parts are small.

Edited by Loop

OK guys just an update. I figured out that I did use enough polish on the joint, I was just being too big a puss to tighten the screws as hard as needed. Now I have a super bad ass Ozma that can hold his own standing and I can pose the legs dynamically on the included stand. Thanks to all who gave me the tips. Honestly I could have just tightened the screw I think, but I prefer how tight the joints are now. :D

i still waiting my armor :(

Have you noticed, than the V1 always have all the pictures, with the same pose :3

Still waiting on both sets for my VF-25's also.

Wondering if you were successful OzmaLee74? I put a coat of clear nail polish over the plastic part of the ball joint last night and reassembled it. Today I transformed it to batteroid with the same results....... I may have to give it a few coats. It's like a night and day difference from my Alto. When I opened up the section that hold the ball joints nothing looked wrong. I almost wonder if I can fit something under the tiny piece that comes out of the intake to raise it a bit, which should grip the ball joint better. Will be a mighty hard task to accomplish though as the parts are small.

I haven't had a chance to do it yet because of the biggest distraction to us collectors.....work. c",) Just saw your post about the nail polish working. Glad you got great results! I think I'm going to try your solution instead of putting whatever material in with the ball joint.

I haven't had a chance to do it yet because of the biggest distraction to us collectors.....work. c",) Just saw your post about the nail polish working. Glad you got great results! I think I'm going to try your solution instead of putting whatever material in with the ball joint.

Honestly, I think the screw was the key. I just did the same thing to my alto minus the polish and it's tight as Sh!t :D. Really though the polish was just bonus on the Ozma I believe.

Edited by Loop

Got my Ozma and Alto Armor Parts yesterday. Only time to put the Armour on Ozma in fighter mode.

Good detail on the Armour, including some panel linining.....nice. Took a while to get it all on, but once it was on, it seems to stay on better than the super frustrating Gen I armor . The chest armour stays on mine pretty well.

Was annoyed about the gunpod not staying attached firmly between the legs, until I checked the instructions and realized I hadn't installed that small rectangular clip that locks the legs more tightly together......Hahaha, a case of RTFM!

Graham

Is it too weird that i got the VF-25s Armored Parts to use on a VF-25F i have on display? :) My Ozma is still in the box and I didn't want to buy both customs right now, so i thought i'll buy the Ozma which is bound to be harder to find. I can imagine this being the case with any Tornado Parts that come along unless they are priced sensibly.

Is it too weird that i got the VF-25s Armored Parts to use on a VF-25F i have on display? :) My Ozma is still in the box and I didn't want to buy both customs right now, so i thought i'll buy the Ozma which is bound to be harder to find. I can imagine this being the case with any Tornado Parts that come along unless they are priced sensibly.

Screw canon, just do it. If anyone busts your chops about it, tell them to piss off; we're not dressing barbies here, these are military planes! lol :)

gallery_14163_553_931137.jpg

Edited by ultraman zoffy

Screw canon, just do it. If anyone busts your chops about it, tell them to piss off; we're not dressing barbies here, these are military planes! lol :)

Military fighters in candy colored reds and yellows and blues... :)

Ozma Armor parts Via EMS: Inbound Out of Customs August 08, 2012, 9:00 am :D Will most likely show up tomorrow!

Alto Armor parts Via Registered Mail: Processed Through Sort Facility August 07, 2012, 3:40 pm ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS) Have no clue on this one. This is the first time I ever ordered using Eco-SAL registered..

So which mode do you guys feel is best out of all 3? I have not seen a lot of fighter mode pics.

Wow! The price of the VF-25S armor parts has already shot up to US $191 on NY.

Ozma Armor parts Via EMS: Inbound Out of Customs August 08, 2012, 9:00 am :D Will most likely show up tomorrow!

Alto Armor parts Via Registered Mail: Processed Through Sort Facility August 07, 2012, 3:40 pm ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS) Have no clue on this one. This is the first time I ever ordered using Eco-SAL registered..

So which mode do you guys feel is best out of all 3? I have not seen a lot of fighter mode pics.

Give the SAL one about 2 or 3 days. They know it's no rush. Hehe!

Personally, I like it in fighter mode. Reminds me of the fighters from the Gradius or R-Type games from the 80's.

gallery_14163_553_931137.jpg

Nice display! Is it me or are the wing thrusters on the YF-29 backwards?

Edited by OzmaLee74