DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

Yes, but I keep hitting F5 in case they reopen the preorder (i'm doing the same with HLJ where the preorder is a place holder for the time being)

Small tip if you want to save your sanity (and your F5 key): Use the Update Scanner add-on (if you're using Firefox) to have it check the page every 5 minutes, the smallest interval it will go, for any changes and have it alert you when it finds something. There might be something similar for Chrome if you happen to be using that, but not sure what it is called.

This whole process is so funny... ok I'm dating myself here now. I remember (in an old fogie's voice) when I was in high school, I'd have no news from Japan whatsoever, but every Saturday morning, right after Robotech aired, my friend and I would take the subway downtown to Silver Snails (local Toronto comic book shop) to see what had come in from Japan and it was an exciting surprise! Most weeks, nothing would happen, nothing would come in, but every so often, something came in and it would be like Christmas!! I remember the first time we saw the Perfect Memory or the Gold Book (first printing!) - we weren't frustrated when nothing came in - but flash forward 27yrs later... THIS VF-25G process, with all the information we are now armed seems so much more frustrating. Argh...

Small tip if you want to save your sanity (and your F5 key): Use the Update Scanner add-on (if you're using Firefox) to have it check the page every 5 minutes, the smallest interval it will go, for any changes and have it alert you when it finds something. There might be something similar for Chrome if you happen to be using that, but not sure what it is called.

I'm using Firefox, thanks for this tip!!!!

I am using Chrome :/ maybe time to switch for Firefox ^^ Thanks for the tip!

Off topic: I ordered a VF-29 from nippon yassan. Traking web page (Japan post) say "dispatch from office of exchange (Osaka) on april 29". And nothing more. Have you ever experienced such a thing?

I am using Chrome :/ maybe time to switch for Firefox ^^ Thanks for the tip! Off topic: I ordered a VF-29 from nippon yassan. Traking web page (Japan post) say "dispatch from office of exchange (Osaka) on april 29". And nothing more. Have you ever experienced such a thing?

APRIL 29???? and you still haven't received it yet. What type of shipping did you use?

Chris

Opus, mistake... May 29...sorry.

I use SAL with tracking and insurance.

I didn't know they could actively track SAL... only register (and insure) it.

SAL usually takes between two and four weeks to arrive from Japan.

I finally received a VF-25S, the first renewal that I can actually play with. Can you guys enlighten me about possible break points or areas I have to look out for while transforming? For example, my ver 1 VF-25 that I recently sold had paint that came off around the hull near where the head sat in plane mode. I don't want the same to happen to this bird.

I finally received a VF-25S, the first renewal that I can actually play with. Can you guys enlighten me about possible break points or areas I have to look out for while transforming? For example, my ver 1 VF-25 that I recently sold had paint that came off around the hull near where the head sat in plane mode. I don't want the same to happen to this bird.

I haven't transformed mine yet, so I'm not sure (fighter mode is just so sexy). But I've read that a number of people had problems with the Skull paint scratching off during transformation / fast pack install.

Is this site legit?

I've personally only ever ordered in-stock items from them. They have been around for a while tho.

The only thing to be aware of is if it says 'backorder' instead of 'pre-order' as that means they have effectively sold out.

Edited by Tober

What a pain in the ass to try and secure one of these things. This would be my first renewal, and it will be last if I manage to get one. Putting pre-orders on sites with little to no rep. Smashing refresh on sites with actual rep. It's unbelievable, and you might still not get one.

And in the time it took me to set up my Otacute info the pre-order went down...wonderful.

Edited by kaiotheforsaken

I've stopped caring. Bandai's got the Macross fan community scrambling around like starving dogs over scraps of meat. I'm not willing to jump through any hoops for a toy.

Nope, I was looking up reviews to see if the site was legit and debating the price and by the time I decided to buy it, it was gone.

I purchase a YF-29 from them, and the box was near perfect. Just a small dent in one corner.

Their shipping is only $25 for SAL with tracking, took only one week to get to me.

Edited by Valkyrie2008

Also, the longer Nippon leaves pre-orders open, the more I think they are just going to spawn a massive amount of disappointment. Even though I snagged a pre-order with them when it first got posted here, I wouldn't be surprised if they didnt get any.

I'm thinking there might be a slight chance that HLJ's pre-order will open up tonight (or rather, in the wee hours of the morning). I noticed they were updating the the VF-25G page this evening, like correcting the title and name of the product.

If not, hopefully soon... need a good night's sleep. lol

Edited by Phalanix

Otacute is legit. Ordered my YF-29 from them and should receive it within a couple of days; they only charge you once the item is in stock, and they offer several shipping options.

Went to HLJ and their VF-25G page says "Order Stop". And I can't believe AE's pre-order price actually beat HLJ's (10% off vs 5%)... that I did not expect. I'm glad I already got a copy secured at AE, even if I did have to pay up front.

Edited by mechaninac

to each their own. I like HLJ because even though their CSR's are condescending a-holes, their return/exchange policy is the best I've seen in the toy world.

I'd have to agree with you there. I wish more online sites had a return/exchange policy anywhere near HLJ's.

If you want to get super crazy about making sure you get a notification the second something happens you can also give alert box a try. it works the same as Update scanner except you can tell it exactly which elements on a web page to check and you can set custom intervals down to every couple seconds if you wish. I've got it set to check just the "order stop" text on the page at 1 minute intervals.

... I need to do that. Thank you for the tip. :)

Edit: Yes, this is awesome. I just need to come up with some way to connect it to an air raid siren so it'll wake me.

under settings, you can change the alert sound it plays. Something louder and longer with your speakers turned all the way up. :p