DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

So if I wanna get the best of the best, I want to buy the VF-25F Messiah Renewal Valkyrie and the VF-25F Messiah Super Parts kit, right?

Well it depends. The VF-25F is the poster child of Macross Frontier. Watch any episode and it's in the opening credits. It's also the main fighter of the "hero", Alto Saotome. And yes, he almost always uses the super pack except for one time when you uses the armor pack. Are you asking if it is the best fighter, firepower/maneuverability/speedwise? Or are you asking which one best represents the show? If its the former, then I would say no. If the latter, then Yes.

I sold my alto valk with the fast pack not too long ago. I still have the Ozuma valk with the armor pack. I know you guys are the ubber fans of macross society. But is it really worthwhile to hunt down a Ozuma renewal version and armor pack for $500 bucks. I just dont have that kind of money lying around with the 3rd party transformers and my pre-order on the SOC mazinger DX coming out in Dec. Are the differences that huge to warrent the cost of these thing? I will sell my v1 armor ozuma but i havent had any problems with any of my valks from bandai??

Just trying to pace myself and figure out if this thing is really worth the purchase. After all its just a toy

I sold my alto valk with the fast pack not too long ago. I still have the Ozuma valk with the armor pack. I know you guys are the ubber fans of macross society. But is it really worthwhile to hunt down a Ozuma renewal version and armor pack for $500 bucks. I just dont have that kind of money lying around with the 3rd party transformers and my pre-order on the SOC mazinger DX coming out in Dec. Are the differences that huge to warrent the cost of these thing? I will sell my v1 armor ozuma but i havent had any problems with any of my valks from bandai??

Just trying to pace myself and figure out if this thing is really worth the purchase. After all its just a toy

The renewal versions are sooooo much better than the first versions both in design, looks, and QC. However, I personally wouldn't spend $500 on one, especially to scalpers.

Personally, I am hoping for a "bright white" Alto renewal bundled with the Tornado pack as the Alto re-release. So I can buy it, then sell the Tornado pack to someone here. Everybody wins that way---I get my Alto, and someone gets a Tornado pack without having to buy the bundle. (my money is on the Tornado pack ONLY coming in the bundle, which will suck for everyone who already has an Alto)

Personally, I am hoping for a "bright white" Alto renewal bundled with the Tornado pack as the Alto re-release. So I can buy it, then sell the Tornado pack to someone here. Everybody wins that way---I get my Alto, and someone gets a Tornado pack without having to buy the bundle. (my money is on the Tornado pack ONLY coming in the bundle, which will suck for everyone who already has an Alto)

if that's the case, I'm signing up right now to buy your tornado pack.

Well it depends. The VF-25F is the poster child of Macross Frontier. Watch any episode and it's in the opening credits. It's also the main fighter of the "hero", Alto Saotome. And yes, he almost always uses the super pack except for one time when you uses the armor pack. Are you asking if it is the best fighter, firepower/maneuverability/speedwise? Or are you asking which one best represents the show? If its the former, then I would say no. If the latter, then Yes.

Ahhh, ok. I was confusing "Messiah" with "Alto," which is the main ship of the show and the one I want to get along with the Super Pack. As long as I get the Renewal labelled stuff, I should be all good, right?

I would probably bet the opposite; that the tornado packs (if they make it at all) will come as a release by itself as a web exclusive for the F and possibly the G.

While Bandai bundled the full armor pack for v1 Ozma and super packs for the v1 25G and RVF for retail, it seems like their current trend is to make all the add ons for the renewals as separate web exclusives. Heck, they didn't even include the MDE gun and missile launcher, nor the wings with hardpoints with the 171EX, which should have been standard with it, and opted to make it part of the web exclusive with the super pack.

Ahhh, ok. I was confusing "Messiah" with "Alto," which is the main ship of the show and the one I want to get along with the Super Pack. As long as I get the Renewal labelled stuff, I should be all good, right?

All the VF-25's are Messiah Valkyries including Alto's. The only two that are out right now are the VF-25F and VF-25S when it comes to renewals with the VF-25G coming out in September. Most retailers list them as renewals or version 2.0 Be prepared to spend around $500 if you want the F or S with a Super Pack. Good luck!

It'll be nice to have these sets finally. I'd been holding off building my 1/72 armored kits because I wasn't sure if I wanted to try and rig them to be transformable.

Since I can get a decent transforming toy now though, I've got no reservations about gluing the kits together to be non-transforming (battroid for Ozma, fighter for Alto).

Can't wait for my sets to arrive, not sure though if I will use the Alto set. I was thinking my display would consist of the F, G, and RVF all in super parts and my Ozma in armor.

I am still not too hot on the tornado packs, but if they release them I may get one set.

Edited by Loop

Armored Ozma VF-25S

1/ 72 VS 1/60 Renewal ... OMG ! !

1343490740654.jpg

( you can see more ozma pictures here : http://warigk.blog71...-entry-379.html )

Now:

Ozma VF- 25s renewal

vs

Ozma V1.0

1343457762785.jpg

Ozma is pure art !

Alto armored parts..... i like it, but don´ too much,

i will prefer to see the tornado renewal pack

XubFzB0Fp7qXroAg4EHWVQ.jpg:ph34r:more pictures here: http://58.64.149.135...able&tid=188854

Edited by Drackie

The -27 and -25 are the opposite, when it comes to model kits. (at least, they were until the renewal)

The -27 DX toy has a better-looking battroid IMHO than the model kit. Whereas the -25 kit looked better in every way than the -25 DX v.1

The -27 and -25 are the opposite, when it comes to model kits. (at least, they were until the renewal)

The -27 DX toy has a better-looking battroid IMHO than the model kit. Whereas the -25 kit looked better in every way than the -25 DX v.1

Thanks David! Sorry to stray off topic but what about diffuliculty in assembly, playability, transformation, etc? My model building skills leave much to be desired. c",)

I should link you to the topic discussing the kits when they were first released.. they're very accurate, but quite a bit more fragile than the toys. Transformation depends on some friction tabs for the hip section too.

You kind of have to balance what you want it for. For those of us annoyed with how ugly the v.1 DX was, the kit was a very nice representation of the design, and a lot of us just wanted an aircraft kit anyway. If you put a lot of work into the kit, you can make it very detailed, but transforming it will likely damage any painting or decals unless you use many layers of clearcoat.

Bottom line really.. they can be beautiful. But you should pick whether you want to build it to be transformable from the start, because that will change how you approach it. There's a lot of detail that will need to be painted during assembly if you plan on ever taking it out of aircraft mode.

Armored Ozma VF-25S

Wow, I used to think that the 1/72 version was amazing, but the renewal one seems to have better proportions and overall look. I still like the color of the model's armor a bit better. It's not so dark.

I thought so too. It seemed like the model version of the 27 had a torso that looked too elongated and strange. After the renewal 25s came out though, the 27 could use a refresh.

Rewatched eps 14 and 25. In ep 14 it's clear that Alto's armor is a recolor of Ozma's---as in, there's a few leftover bits of Ozma's paint scheme, so it's not very "definitive".

However, in both eps 14 and 25, for Alto's and Ozma's, there is a reddish bit where the hinge is. Looks more like a purplish-red sensor-jewel-glass though. But if nothing else--the toy's not completely wrong there-----there is red there in the animation. It's just not red-red, and not the whole piece. This is the best screen cap I could get of it:

post-16-0-74110700-1343978493_thumb.jpg

Need some help guys. Coming in late in the game for the DX VF-25F/S Renewals and hoping for some insights. Did they ever got a 2nd run(reissue) like the YF-29 did a couple months back? Or was the Oct 2011 (Alto) & Jan 2012 (Ozma) the only release they have so far? I am pondering on the chance of a reissue in the coming months, and see if I should secure the Armor Parts & Fast Packs now while I can and wait for their reissue. But if they already had a second run, then I may have to either go scalper price or just give them up entirely. Thanks.

Edited by mpchi

There's no news of the 25F or S getting a reissue.

Keep in mind it took the YF-29 one year to get reissued....since the 25F was released in October MAYBE we'll hear something.

From what I remember it was more of a shelf warmer compared to the 25S.

Need some help guys. Coming in late in the game for the DX VF-25F/S Renewals and hoping for some insights. Did they ever got a 2nd run(reissue) like the YF-29 did a couple months back? Or was the Oct 2011 (Alto) & Jan 2012 (Ozma) the only release they have so far? I am pondering on the chance of a reissue in the coming months, and see if I should secure the Armor Parts & Fast Packs now while I can and wait for their reissue. But if they already had a second run, then I may have to either go scalper price or just give them up entirely. Thanks.

the armors are limited items, but the valkyre don´t so can be reiisued, maybe in 6 months, maybe one or two years,

I see the same of the YF-29 in Ozma and Alto, are getting prices too high and too fast, they need to be reissued

The armor is the problem, you must get it now, because the armor maybe will go in stores again, but in a few years, maybe 3, 4, 5... no one knows and almost surely will be included with the valkyre in the same box and with a higer price. (im not an expert but i can see that ban dai is doing that with his flagship products)

I should link you to the topic discussing the kits when they were first released.. they're very accurate, but quite a bit more fragile than the toys. Transformation depends on some friction tabs for the hip section too.

You kind of have to balance what you want it for. For those of us annoyed with how ugly the v.1 DX was, the kit was a very nice representation of the design, and a lot of us just wanted an aircraft kit anyway. If you put a lot of work into the kit, you can make it very detailed, but transforming it will likely damage any painting or decals unless you use many layers of clearcoat.

Bottom line really.. they can be beautiful. But you should pick whether you want to build it to be transformable from the start, because that will change how you approach it. There's a lot of detail that will need to be painted during assembly if you plan on ever taking it out of aircraft mode.

Thanks! Hmm...well I really wanted both. Looks and transformability. Well, I guess that's why they made a DX version. Now that you guys answered my questions I think I'm going to keep a lookout for a DX VF-27

I should say, they're very transformable, they're just a bit fragile, and the potential to scratch up paint or decals is high.

You can take precautions to keep the impact of transforming minimal, but you'll likely have to touch things up if you do it frequently. They just aren't intended to be transformed so often as the toys. They are models after all. :) I wouldn't let that deter you from getting one (or a few) since they're much cheaper and easier to obtain than the 1/60 ones, and the super/armored versions aren't exclusives. The kits seem to get reissued quite often.

Armored Ozma VF-25S

( you can see more ozma pictures here : http://warigk.blog71...-entry-379.html )

Now:

Ozma VF- 25s renewal

vs

Ozma V1.0

Ozma is pure art !

but alto armored parts..... i really don´t like too much, i will prefer to see the tornado renewal pack

I know that it was an animation error but I liked the look of the armor better when the chest doors where hinged on the outer edge and opened away from each other.

I know that it was an animation error but I liked the look of the armor better when the chest doors where hinged on the outer edge and opened away from each other.

I believe it was mentioned the armor will come with parts to make the doors open up both ways. And if you look at the picture of the parts in the tray here:

http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-188665-1-1.html

At the top there are separate missile and door parts as well as doors on the chest piece in another part of the tray. So it seems that might be the case.

that´s right, has two doors and missiles to be optional

Edited by Drackie